10-16-15 02:17 PM
124 ... 345
tools
    IF these rumors turn out to be true, then it would not bother me one bit. The Z10 and Q10 were released in early 2013 so getting 3 years worth of software updates and support is very good for mobile devices. My S4 Mini was released in mid 2013 and didn't even get Lollipop which was released in 2014. Knowing that my Q10 is almost 3 years old has made e appreciate it even more because it is still a quick and well performing device.

Blackberries are better for you than Apples
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-01-15 03:01 PM
    I do not in the security system I am not the owner of a company I purchase the phone in order to enjoy it for the Games and navigation and office and video when you put Android or Apple in comparison with the BlackBerry There are no minimum comparison However i decided to buy a BlackBerry passport to just help out the company to regain its position, but when you say the company was thinking of the money and it will not upgrade passport it deceive me and not be the respectable for me this is my perspective
    10-01-15 04:26 PM
    If you buy a device and then desperately hold your breath for new releases that do new stuff that you HAVE TO HAVE and you fall to pieces when new updates are no longer coming then your expectations are too high. Nice to see some reasonable people here.
    10-01-15 07:19 PM
    btw the Z30 is still on sale at a high price though at shop BlackBerry.: BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphones - ShopBlackBerry.com
    just wait.....
    10-02-15 10:51 AM
    That's because, the original poorly worded question has long since been answered as well as it possibly could be, and, this like most threads, has been diverted to other topics.
    Were you referring to my question being poorly worded or the original question in the first post?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 02:16 PM
    But supporting for more than 3 years, is a loss to company.
    And an even bigger loss to a company it is to not release any successors to those 3 years old models, making people unable to upgrade to anything new.

If u want to experience new OS features, we should buy a new one.
    Oh, really? What am I supposed to upgrade my Z10 to? Do you know any successor of it, any newer and more powerful BB10 full touch device? I don't. If there was any such device, I would have upgraded to it ages ago.
    10-03-15 12:29 AM
    And an even bigger loss to a company it is to not release any successors to those 3 years old models, making people unable to upgrade to anything new.

Oh, really? What am I supposed to upgrade my Z10 to? Do you know any successor of it, any newer and more powerful BB10 full touch device? I don't. If there was any such device, I would have upgraded to it ages ago.
    U ofcorz got a point there...but ur feelings doesn't increase profit for company still

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    10-03-15 06:04 AM
    10.3.3 is likely EOL for all BB10 devices.
    10-03-15 08:24 AM
    I had hoped that BlackBerry would have kept BB10 going as it is generally a great OS in comparison to what I've seen from friends who have devices using other OS, but I guess the numbers didn't add up for them, I understand that they need to be in constant evolution as far as market demand so I wish The Priv well in sales, I'll see if it gets released in the UK, if so then it should do well.

My Z10 has and is serving me well as a daily driver, 10.3.3 will have to be an OS with endurance value for those who have made an "emotional investment" in OS10 to satisfy their needs and The Priv needs to "knock our socks off " to satisfy those warily cautious of Android OS ecosystems' performance and security, also BlackBerry need to have plenty of stable mates for it to succeed in their rebranding and effective relaunch as a 21st century handset producer, however as I'm only an "armchair CEO" and not paid for my opinion I'm not sure how much my views count.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 10:36 AM
    The 10.3.3 will be EOL for BB10?,don"t think so,it"s going to be EOL for BB itself like we used to know it,bcs BB in 2016 is Blackdroid and I doubt every one of you will join new family.loved Z10 and love my Q10 made by Blackberry.
    10-03-15 01:14 PM
    Yup, there will not be EOL for BlackBerry 10 OS. EOL only applies to devices, not the OS itself. Do you know the cost of the development for the OS? It is an asset to BlackBerry as well as to the country of BlackBerry. Many organizations are using it for productivity, security & efficiency in handling digital communication and data. Many corporate don't actually like Android because it is too fancy, and they don't want any services like Google services constantly running in the background...

So no matter what, the BlackBerry 10 will stay. Patching work for this OS is good enough to maintain its stability and further enhance the fluidity of the OS! What new features do you all want? Don't you know Android new features are full of bugs? You want new features or stability and security for the OS itself? If you are stressing on new features and constantly seeking for new features, then what you are looking into is a fancy stuff.

Some of the stability fix is being done behind the scene such as the Android Runtime bugs fixes. Don't you noticed from 10.2 to 10.3.2, the Android apps runs "better " on every new release of the OS itself?

John Chen can't share lots of the details because there are plans for the BlackBerry 10! It is so simple. There will be new device running BlackBerry 10 OS, it is just the matter of time...

Posted via CB10
    vgorous likes this.
    10-03-15 01:48 PM
    Yup, there will not be EOL for BlackBerry 10 OS. EOL only applies to devices, not the OS itself. Do you know the cost of the development for the OS? It is an asset to BlackBerry as well as to the country of BlackBerry. Many organizations are using it for productivity, security & efficiency in handling digital communication and data. Many corporate don't actually like Android because it is too fancy, and they don't want any services like Google services constantly running in the background...

So no matter what, the BlackBerry 10 will stay. Patching work for this OS is good enough to maintain its stability and further enhance the fluidity of the OS! What new features do you all want? Don't you know Android new features are full of bugs? You want new features or stability and security for the OS itself? If you are stressing on new features and constantly seeking for new features, then what you are looking into is a fancy stuff.

Some of the stability fix is being done behind the scene such as the Android Runtime bugs fixes. Don't you noticed from 10.2 to 10.3.2, the Android apps runs "better " on every new release of the OS itself?

John Chen can't share lots of the details because there are plans for the BlackBerry 10! It is so simple. There will be new device running BlackBerry 10 OS, it is just the matter of time...

Posted via CB10
    The best hopeful projection I've read in a long while and I thought so as well.

BlackBerry literally cannot abandon BB10 at this point. Even BIS from the legacy OS because the fact that so many huge enterprises and critical government person and institutions--even military, are depending on it. There's no fockyn chance in hell those markets would ever willing to turn and use analdroid for their business. At least not where it matters most. Another simple fact commonly acknowledged: analdroid is SHYT for serious business and security functions. Even worms know that.

And JC said so himself. That precious ridiculous blandroid called priv? Those are meant specifically for and to satisfy consumers. Not enterprise.

So yeah, definitely. There will be new devices running BlackBerry 10 OS, it is just the matter of time. The only flip side is, most of them will be sold internally, in offices of enterprise and government sectors. Usually as a package thingie. That's why they don't bother much with marketing the last few years.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    10-03-15 03:36 PM
    BlackBerry 10.4 will be out on the Z60 next year.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 03:47 PM
    Stopping updates for OS is not tragic. If OS is good. Tragic is: stopping updates for some apps with "cloud" connection. When his web API is changed .. and nobody fix it.. it is tragic. I know it .. as Nokia N9 MeeGo user. (BBOS10 UX predecessor)
    For those i love opensource apps. Anybody fix it.
    bigjman likes this.
    10-09-15 05:46 PM
    Friends I have a question, what is EOL?
    10-09-15 06:48 PM
    Friends I have a question, what is EOL?
    End Of Life = Buy new device time. LMFAO.

Sent from my Passport using CrackBerry Android app.
    JJCordero likes this.
    10-09-15 07:22 PM
    It means End Of Life. No more updates and whatnot.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    JJCordero likes this.
    10-09-15 07:28 PM

Yes there is. A Z30.

Posted via CB10
    cbosdell likes this.
    10-10-15 09:53 AM
    I think this time BB is out of device producton, priv is last chance , after that is only software .
    For me only phone beside BB is Nexus series and how i see it now next year sommer i own that new nexus 5x (must be phone that have Android updates when is released) .

Im not happy for the fall of BB , i hope im wrong and i buy next year new BB phone .
    10-10-15 06:45 PM
    My next device will be public payphones

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:22 PM
    Hi, here I am writing about the problem faced about blackberry Z10. I am using this mobile from last 1.5 year and its 4th time when I faced problem with software update and crash. Yesterday, as I have updated for 10.3.2, the mobile did not restart. After confirming with blackberry service center, the motherboard of mobile got damaged because of software (as they said). Now, company people asked me to send this mobile to their head service center (located at the other part of India) and repair it. The cost of repair will be around half of the cost of mobile and will take 15-20 days (even more, customer still waiting their mobiles from last 1 month). Here I am feeling that repairing it not the solution for the problem. (Biggest problem that happen to blackberry that there is no resale value of the mobile, which I come to now only today, when asked to add into new set). It can happen again and again. It all about the wastage of money and time, which I have already done. I dont want to loose my blackberry, as I am the only user of blackberry in my group and defending enough to prove that I have selected rite one and can contend with iphones, even recommend it to some friends. The update of such software is really of no use. Here you are loosing the old user, which are contributing much in attracting new buyers. Here I am loosing my phone only because of a software update (which is not acceptable). Thankyou
    10-16-15 07:02 AM
    Sorry to hear about your device but I will point out that just because someone says something doesn't mean it is true. If indeed software destroyed hardware then the forums would be full of posts of this nature. The only one I know of is when 10.3.1 first came out and affected the Z30 screens. The more likely explanation is that a component failed or just a bad update. Why don't you try an autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 08:29 AM
    BlackBerry just essentially terminated the OS beta testing group. 10.3.3 will likely just be to maintain security and enterprise. I think we're on the road to the end of BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-15 11:44 AM
    BlackBerry just essentially terminated the OS beta testing group. 10.3.3 will likely just be to maintain security and enterprise. I think we're on the road to the end of BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    One of the last signs that BB10 is at the end of the line for development.
    10-16-15 02:17 PM
124 ... 345