10-16-15 02:17 PM
124 ... 2345
tools
    I'll continue to use my Q10 for many years regardless of 'entire of life'
    09-30-15 06:13 PM
    While I'm going to wait for confirmation, Motorola X 2013 has similar specs of Z30, released in late 2013 and will likely get 6.0 Marshmallow, and Lumia phones from 2012 will get Windows 10 Mobile. And features on BlackBerry 10 are all the same except for hardware exclusive, so I don't know why would BlackBerry abandon pre 2014 devices. It would at least get security updates even without new updates with new features, but if BlackBerry is really going to abandon Z30, I'm going to be very sad, because I have bought it in late July 2015...

Black, BlackBerry Z30/ 10.3.2.2639
    I'd be surprised if the original Moto X got Marshmallow, it just got 5.1 for Verizon a couple weeks ago. By the time they get around to considering Marshmallow for that device it will be 2016.
    09-30-15 06:27 PM
    what did you expect? honestly 10.3.3 might be EOL for all devices
    While anyone can speculate, I'd actually put money on this. I believe it will be the end of BB10 sans, perhaps, minor security updates to maintain contracts.
    09-30-15 09:24 PM
    Gosh...tell me any device that gets updated longer than three years ?
    iPhone 3GS went for 3 years 3 months into iOS6 in 2012. at the time it was "officially the longest supported smartphone capable of running a modern OS". There.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-30-15 10:20 PM
    I do clearly undestand that BlackBerry wants to make more money from existing users, but what I do not want to understand is why to do that in so disrespectful way. I mean why do I need to buy a new device while mine current one can still run new OS versions and everybody knows that? They are not going to add new features which require new hardware capabilities, it would be only maintenance OS release. BlackBerry should motivate users to buy new phones simply by releasing those new phones. Just look like Apple does.
    So how many 3 year old phones u know that receives updates?
    And thats y they have PP, Priv and maybe same like future too...
    And giving updates to classic and leap users. Shouldn't they get the same privilege that we got,ie update for 3 years !!
    And here the matter of fact is, its just a rumour now. Donno how and when things will happen to what. So lets wait and c.

Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2789
    09-30-15 10:32 PM
    Yes, I believe Chen has decided that he cannot continue with BB10 because he has looked at the numbers, and knows them better than any of us.

If the Priv is successful, he will continue making Android hardware, otherwise, there won't be any more BlackBerry phones.
    ^ This

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-15 11:17 PM
    Nice avatar (Machu Picchu)

Greetings from Peru
    extisis likes this.
    09-30-15 11:25 PM
    First of all the title of the screen shot says it all.. RUMORS. BlackBerry has not confirmed anything.

Secondly do you realize how old are those devices? Independently by the whole Android adoption you cannot pretend PERPETUAL software upgrades to old devices.

Posted via CB10
    Let's see;

Two months ago or so Verizon removed the Z10, Q10, and Bold from their stores. Then like two weeks ago, the Z30. The Classic with camera is the only one left. Online, all were removed except for Classic with camera, Classic without camera, and the Z30.

Last week BlackBerry removed the Z3, Z10, Z30, Q5, and Q10 from Shop BlackBerry. So I'd say the rumor is true.

Gosh...tell me any device that gets updated longer than three years ?
    Uh, Windows XP? Not a device, sure, but there are still people out there who insist that Microsoft should have stuck with XP to this day.

I'm surprised any Z10s are still alive. I had 4 suffer from the sudden death (and red light forever) syndrome. Those things turned out to be a piece of --.

Posted via CB10
    Mine is acting funny but still works. Come to think of it, it has always had one issue or another.
    10-01-15 01:49 AM
    Even EOL, the OS may stand on the 10.3 branch and get security/minor updates for a long while. Way enough to reach 5 years of loyal services.
    So your Zx or Qz have to be changed anyways. In favor of what OS ? Well, play the 8ball if you want, my tea leaves are dry !
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-01-15 03:10 AM
    It wouldn't be surprising or a big deal at all but the fact that there is nothing new to upgrade to for all-touch BB10 and the Classic has the same specs as these devices but isn't being EOL makes it pretty crappy on BlackBerry's part. Sadly I don't see BB10 getting many/any new features at this point so I guess it's all a moot point anyways.
    10-01-15 03:15 AM
    So how would they stop support for the Z30 but still support the Classic and Leap when it's the exact same os and radio files? Makes no sense.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 03:22 AM
    I don't see why they should EOL Z30 that has better guts than the Leap
    10-01-15 03:43 AM
    Let's see;

Two months ago or so Verizon removed the Z10, Q10, and Bold from their stores. Then like two weeks ago, the Z30. The Classic with camera is the only one left. Online, all were removed except for Classic with camera, Classic without camera, and the Z30.

Last week BlackBerry removed the Z3, Z10, Z30, Q5, and Q10 from Shop BlackBerry. So I'd say the rumor is true.

Uh, Windows XP? Not a device, sure, but there are still people out there who insist that Microsoft should have stuck with XP to this day.

Mine is acting funny but still works. Come to think of it, it has always had one issue or another.
    The Q5 and the leap are still on sale at shop BlackBerry
    10-01-15 03:53 AM
    Let's see;

Windows 10 is supported for a minimum of 10 years. You can't compare a computer os to a mobile os.
    10-01-15 03:56 AM
    Nice avatar (Machu Picchu)

Greetings from Peru
    Thanks
    10-01-15 05:17 AM
    So big noise for nothing,you guys can use your devices after EOL like today,no one stop you,no one make you to buy new phone and about BB support,update?,10.3.3 going to be the same OS like 10.3.2 nothing new,just one more switch for BB protect(not going to switch my Q10 even for dark hub).

Q10-5 10.3.2.2639/2640 and love it even more
    Jakob Greve and kbz1960 like this.
    10-01-15 07:58 AM
    So how would they stop support for the Z30 but still support the Classic and Leap when it's the exact same os and radio files? Makes no sense.

Posted via CB10
    Makes perfect sense, actually. Governments and businesses aren't buying Z30's and never have. They are buying Classics. Even if it has the same guts, it's a current phone, and has to be supported for 2 years in terms of warranty and software.

There are high end Android phones from 2 or 3 years back that could easily run Lollipop or Marshmallow, but cannot and will not be updated because they are no longer supported, while new low-end phones that just came out 6 months ago will get updates even with markedly inferior specs. It's the nature of the business. It's not endemic to Blackberry.

It is in Apple's best interest to keep old hardware as current as possible because of their walled garden. Long after you buy your phone/ipad, Apple is still getting a chunk of the money you spend on apps. If Blackberry had a realistic chance to recoup OS development costs via BBW, they would probably do so. But with a dead app ecosystem, how could they possibly monetize BB10 on old(er) phones?

I have no doubts that some industrious souls will be able to modify post-10.3.3 releases to work on EOL phones anyway. But they won't be officially supported by Blackberry.
    gfondeur likes this.
    10-01-15 09:55 AM
    I haven't seen a Z30 at a carrier shop or retail store for a long time now, but the Classic and Leap are still currently available models.
    10-01-15 11:25 AM
    I haven't seen a Z30 at a carrier shop or retail store for a long time now, but the Classic and Leap are still currently available models.
    I just love it when people give an answer that has no relation to the question what so ever.
    10-01-15 11:29 AM
    I just love it when people give an answer that has no relation to the question what so ever.
    That's because, the original poorly worded question has long since been answered as well as it possibly could be, and, this like most threads, has been diverted to other topics.
    10-01-15 11:37 AM
    "I just love it when people give an answer that has no relation to the question what so ever." The essence of contemporary politics.
    10-01-15 12:50 PM
    Makes perfect sense, actually. Governments and businesses aren't buying Z30's and never have. They are buying Classics. Even if it has the same guts, it's a current phone, and has to be supported for 2 years in terms of warranty and software.

There are high end Android phones from 2 or 3 years back that could easily run Lollipop or Marshmallow, but cannot and will not be updated because they are no longer supported, while new low-end phones that just came out 6 months ago will get updates even with markedly inferior specs. It's the nature of the business. It's not endemic to Blackberry.

It is in Apple's best interest to keep old hardware as current as possible because of their walled garden. Long after you buy your phone/ipad, Apple is still getting a chunk of the money you spend on apps. If Blackberry had a realistic chance to recoup OS development costs via BBW, they would probably do so. But with a dead app ecosystem, how could they possibly monetize BB10 on old(er) phones?

I have no doubts that some industrious souls will be able to modify post-10.3.3 releases to work on EOL phones anyway. But they won't be officially supported by Blackberry.
    No, what I meant by that is how would they push out an os that would only be compatible to the Leap/Classic when it's the same exact os for the Z30? How would they stop the Z30 when it's the exact same os and nothing cost wise would have to be done to make it work on the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    10-01-15 01:08 PM
    No, what I meant by that is how would they push out an os that would only be compatible to the Leap/Classic when it's the same exact os for the Z30? How would they stop the Z30 when it's the exact same os and nothing cost wise would have to be done to make it work on the Z30?

Posted via CB10
    The OS just might work. They will no longer be manufacturing the Z30 or others mentioned. EOL doesn't mean end of security patches etc.
    10-01-15 01:15 PM
    Originally Posted by BB-JAM215
    btw the Z30 is still on sale at a high price though at shop BlackBerry.: BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphones - ShopBlackBerry.com
    10-01-15 01:32 PM
    If you own a BB10 device... it is what it is.

It's those that are thinking of buying one today that should take a little time to really consider what it will mean.

BB10 will work and will do everything advertised.... it's the non advertised stuff like accessing Google Play or running newer Android Apps on the two year old Android 4.3 based Runtime that hasn't been updated in over two years. Those types of things could really affect the usability of your phone in the near future if the platform is left to wither away.
    kbz1960 and gfondeur like this.
    10-01-15 02:22 PM
124 ... 2345