As long as the devices work flawlessly and that we get a sort of maintainance update, I have no problem with that. The hardware does not upgrade. The software is okay. I hope they still correct some flaws like Contacts and crashing Calendar.
    I am satisfied with the update since it solved the double typing.
    As long as my Passports works, I'd keep it for work.
    I am considering to move to the Slider, for my freetime.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    Excuse me?!! should we be thankful for some basic things that all the phones around the world has it with much cheaper price?
    why are you guys so ignorant? open your eyes guys, has blackberry really accomplished something then now wants it to end?
    never, all its OS updates had its own bugs some bugs never fixed, at least they must create something phenomenal then they can say OK we achieved our goal, lets move on to another one
    Noooooooooooooo, big fat liars, I have bought the phone that I can not root it, I can not run my own server PPTP VPN on it and very simple basic contacts beat the crap out of me every time I wanted to just restore my contact, and each time my contacts just duplicates
    what OS is this? I have seen Sailfish OS very new borned OS had gradually improvement and now in it's V2.0 and almost flawless
    but this BB10 had countless OS updates yet the dialog box are ugly themes are not implemented, laggy and buggy
    what support are you guys talking about? I have read all the comments about this matter, almost 90% of you guys just talking like we were the sinners to paid that much and wasted our money on this piece of S... you guys talking like the blackberry made us a favor for updating the OS for us, do you get happy and thankful when you buy a new expensive car just because its wheels are spinning?
    of course not, this is preliminary and essential features of cars, you will be thankful and happy if the company you bought that car offer you high tech GPS, Anti-Theft or even fingerprint start, these called features not what blackberry so far offered.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-30-15 11:54 AM
    I do clearly undestand that BlackBerry wants to make more money from existing users, but what I do not want to understand is why to do that in so disrespectful way. I mean why do I need to buy a new device while mine current one can still run new OS versions and everybody knows that? They are not going to add new features which require new hardware capabilities, it would be only maintenance OS release. BlackBerry should motivate users to buy new phones simply by releasing those new phones. Just look like Apple does.
    I don't think that blackberry thinks that way. They don't care if your device still work normally or has the same spec with latest product, what they know is you're using z10, and it's time to upgrade your phone for getting os updates, just like legacy device like onyx has os5.0, onyx2 has os6.0, dakota has os7.0, it's about business and numbers bro.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 11:58 AM
    I'm surprised any Z10s are still alive. I had 4 suffer from the sudden death (and red light forever) syndrome. Those things turned out to be a piece of --.

Posted via CB10
    Mines alive and well over 3 years old

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 11:59 AM
    I'll be pleasantly surprised if they announce even a single device release in 2016. If that doesn't happen, we will know by this years end - it is EOL for everything on BB10. Only time will tell if I fire up my 2nd Passport in 2018 and Settings > About > Network > Register Blackberry, it will register anything anywhere.
    If Blackberry even keep 2 lone coders for BB10 maintenance updates, working in a thankless, unrecognised and dourly corner somewhere in a facility. It will be Huge.
    Imagine even those updates and 2 jobs are dependent upon success of the sickly PRIV.... bottom line.. PRAY PEOPLE
    ppeters914, gfondeur and Jake2826 like this.
    09-30-15 12:03 PM
    New BB10 devices are like the cake in Portal.
    So they exist, somewhere in the bowels of Blackberry HQ, and you are constantly teased with their supposed existence, but they are never specifically promised to you and you will never have access to them?

The cake is not a lie. You were never told that you would get cake, just that there would be cake following the conclusion of the testing.
    09-30-15 12:06 PM
    With this, the only true EOLs will be Z30 (why!?) and STL100-1.

Posted via CB10
    09-30-15 12:48 PM
    I would say the Z30 is the only one with a faint hope of being 'refreshed'.

Q10 has been replaced by the Classic. Z10 is no longer a viable form factor and is basically the Leap.
    Q5, Z3 just don't belong anywhere.

So that leaves us with a Z30 v 2. But... very slim chances.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-30-15 01:06 PM
    Good I can live with my Passport for few more years.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    09-30-15 01:52 PM
    There are 2 scenarios under which BB10 will go EOL. Either the Priv is a smashing success and BlackBerry go totally android for all future devices, or BlackBerry decide to stop producing devices altogether because the Priv flops.

Both scenarios depend on how well the Priv does.

However, there are many other scenarios out there. Like, BB10 is still required for certain governments. Or the Priv raises the profile of BlackBerry and attracts people back to BB10, so BlackBerry decide to continue offering a mix of BB10 and Android devices?

No matter what the scenario, WHY would BlackBerry take a decision like this when they have none of the relevant data upon which to make their decision. Hmmmm?

Critical thinking, people. Try it out sometime.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and Jake2826 like this.
    09-30-15 01:59 PM
    With this, the only true EOLs will be Z30 (why!?) and STL100-1.

Posted via CB10
    You may notice that certain autoloader say "Z30/Classic". That means the Z30 and Classic are similar enough in terms of hardware that they share the same OS installation packages.

So why would the Z30 be EOL without the Classic being EOL as well? Further, why would the Classic, that's not even a year old, go EOL?

Posted via CB10
    redantz likes this.
    09-30-15 02:03 PM
    [Rumor] 10.3.3 is EOL of Z10,3,30 Q5,10?
    It doesn't matter which device you use, or what rumors you want to start, it's pretty clear that BB10 is nearing end of life.

Your BB10 device will work for as long as you want to use it, but BlackBerry, as John Chen has made clear, is moving on to the Android OS, and that is not a rumor.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-30-15 02:22 PM
    It doesn't matter which device you use, or what rumors you want to start, it's pretty clear that BB10 is nearing end of life.

Your BB10 device will work for as long as you want to use it, but BlackBerry, as John Chen has made clear, is moving on to the Android OS, and that is not a rumor.
    Show me where he said this.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and Jake2826 like this.
    09-30-15 02:30 PM
    If they drop the Z30 I know two people are not happy including my wife. My daughter is using the Z10 and I have the Passport which will be updated I hope. So not I keep rocking and we all move slowly away from BlackBerry which we allready did with our BlackBerry playbooks moving to Android and Windows tablets. We have 5 new tablets all bought this year. Keep the fam. happy.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-30-15 02:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    He specifically said he does not wish to pay for or manage any new BB10 drivers for new hardware.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 02:45 PM
    BlackBerry's main business now is device management and security based software and services.That's mainly where it's trying to make more money. It will continue to make devices to support that business, but only if the device business is profitable.
    OK, they do not need customers' money for the new devices. Why then drop support for some phones?

You don't need to buy a new device unless you want to. You can keep using your current device until you decide not to.
    But Google can decide to change API, and so Twitter, and so Facebook (ok, it is already broken), and so Dropbox... Is it a reason to stop using the phone?

BlackBerry is releasing a new phone. It's called the Priv and a lot of BB10 and Android users are motivated to buy it.
    I was talking about OS 10. Wait, now you are talking about buying a new phone, but how it connects with "BlackBerry's main business now is device management and security based software and services.That's mainly where it's trying to make more money."?

Edit: And yes, BB10 is reaching end of life because sales of BlackBerry 10 devices have declined to the point where it it no longer sustainable. BlackBerry is moving to the Android OS as a way to stay in the hardware business.
    I would have no complains if they will just drop the OS 10 for all the phones. Or for the old ones. I mean "old" in terms of the hardware, not in terms of manufacture date. But dropping software updates for the phone (which is almost the same as another supported one) just because it was manufactured due to particular calendar date is ridiculous.
    09-30-15 02:45 PM
    I didn't say he had said exactly that, but keeping in mind that for business reasons, he cannot simply say "We've decided to wind up development of BB10 and have switched to Android," it is still pretty clear that is what's happening.
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    09-30-15 02:50 PM
    He specifically said he does not wish to pay for or manage any new BB10 drivers for new hardware.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    There's a difference between not wanting to and not going to.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and Javid Gozalov like this.
    09-30-15 03:13 PM
    I didn't say he had said exactly that, but keeping in mind that for business reasons, he cannot simply say "We've decided to wind up development of BB10 and have switched to Android," it is still pretty clear that is what's happening.
    Do you honestly believe Chen would decide to switch OSes before the Priv has even been launched, or for that matter even completed testing and development?

I believe "look before you leap" would be the operative concept here.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and redantz like this.
    09-30-15 03:16 PM
    While I'm going to wait for confirmation, Motorola X 2013 has similar specs of Z30, released in late 2013 and will likely get 6.0 Marshmallow, and Lumia phones from 2012 will get Windows 10 Mobile. And features on BlackBerry 10 are all the same except for hardware exclusive, so I don't know why would BlackBerry abandon pre 2014 devices. It would at least get security updates even without new updates with new features, but if BlackBerry is really going to abandon Z30, I'm going to be very sad, because I have bought it in late July 2015...

Black, BlackBerry Z30/ 10.3.2.2639
    09-30-15 03:46 PM
    The cake is not a lie. You were never told that you would get cake, just that there would be cake following the conclusion of the testing.
    but the cake that is there is surrounded by murderous AI modules, and then even when you get free of the Aperture complex, so you could go get some cake if you wanted, even that is retconned so that you're dragged back inside for the sequel. If the cake isn't a lie, there SURELY a gross misrepresentation of the facts re: cake, sufficient that it is tantamount to a lie.

...but w.r.t. BB10 devices and / or EOL for the Z/Q series:

If it is the case that there WILL be BB10 updates for the Passport and Classic (and maybe the Leap), but not for older "lettered" Z and Q devices... it's not because BlackBerry wants you to upgrade: it's because they're doing the bare minimum that they have to, to not get sued into oblivion.

There would have to be a new BB10 device for you to upgrade TO for this rationale to make sense, and they can't seriously expect Z & Q BB10 users to pay money for the Passport and Classic at this stage, when they've all but murdered what was left of the BB10 ecosystem.
    09-30-15 03:52 PM
    Crazy thing is the worst spec'd bb10 device the q5 still runs bb10 buttery smooth.

That is one of the problem with sales numbers, android nuts upgrade every year or two so their phones still work.

Years later the q5 is still rock solid.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63, gfondeur and Jake2826 like this.
    09-30-15 03:56 PM
    Nope,

He has personal hopes as a CEO to end BB10 and move to Android. That's what it says. But it doesn't say that that scenario is what's going to happen. So he chooses to keep the door ajar for BB10. Chen want's you to think it is pretty clear that his vision for AndroBerry is happening as would any CEO. However that is not to say that his vision is happening.
    09-30-15 04:05 PM
    You guys are over thinking all this with a big microscope. Chen isn't doing that, I assure you. He has made a business decision, plain and simple. He knows it won't be popular with current BB10 owners, but his job is to find a viable path for Blackberry and he's chosen it.

You can over analyze this all you want, but what's happening is happening. I loved BB10, but the writing has been on the wall for some time now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-30-15 04:27 PM
    You guys are over thinking all this with a big microscope. Chen isn't doing that, I assure you. He has made a business decision, plain and simple. He knows it won't be popular with current BB10 owners, but his job is to find a viable path for Blackberry and he's chosen it.

You can over analyze this all you want, but what's happening is happening. I loved BB10, but the writing has been on the wall for some time now.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    mmmkay By that logic Chen has been out a plan since he started cos otherwise had he had a plan he would have succeeded. Plan = success.

Chen keeps BB10 on life support for this exact reason. - There's no telling how the Priv will do. He wants you to think like you do and switch to Blackdroid but he doesn't have a crystal ball.
    09-30-15 05:07 PM
    Do you honestly believe Chen would decide to switch OSes before the Priv has even been launched, or for that matter even completed testing and development?

I believe "look before you leap" would be the operative concept here.
    Yes, I believe Chen has decided that he cannot continue with BB10 because he has looked at the numbers, and knows them better than any of us.

If the Priv is successful, he will continue making Android hardware, otherwise, there won't be any more BlackBerry phones.
    09-30-15 05:08 PM
124 12345