08-27-14 07:37 AM
97 123 ...
tools
    Along with the new 10.3 leak, we were granted with the BlackBerry Assistant. So far my experience has been perfect, although there could be changes.

There is a sh*t load of things you can ask it. "How's the weather?" "Open CB10" (although you literally have to say the letters "c" "b" "10" which is annoying).

On the other hand, it's not as friendly as Siri or Cortana. You can ask her (the voice us female and unfortunately, quite robotic) where is she from (she'll respond she's from Canada obviously) or ask her to tell her a joke. And she will do all of these, but that's it and nothing more. She's all business and no entertainment.

Now comprehension wise, she's amazing. Although it takes a bit long to process commands (though much quicker than it used to be), it understands everything I throw at it. Only once did she miss understand Assistant because I tried to enunciate and unfortunately left a gap in between "a**" and "tent".

Overall she's far superior to Voice control from 10.2.1 and older. And though I must say she understands much better than Siri, I don't believe it'll be such a success in the consumer's eyes as they can't "play" with it (and although BlackBerry is going for a different audience, fun with AI's is something most people seek)

How are you guys enjoying it?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:45 PM
    This is the first major upgrade. 10.3.1 will only improve it so, here's to the first step.

Posted via CB10
    pttptppt likes this.
    08-21-14 11:46 PM
    I tried navigate to and it didn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 11:47 PM
    Definitely a step in the right direction.

Comprehension is great, although it could respond quicker. I'm sure that will change in further builds so it's not a big deal at all.

I'd still like to see it be more like google now. Remebering frequently looked up things etc. For example, google now will show me my local sports teams scores just by going to it. Lots of info available at a glance.
    08-22-14 12:02 AM
    [QUOTE=pttptppt;10745324Only once did she miss understand Assistant because I tried to enunciate and unfortunately left a gap in between "a**" and "tent".

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Um ... you asked it "a**" "tent" .. of course she'd misunderstand that's not a word, "A**" "IS" "Tent" is though I'm poking fun at ya. Thanks for the udpate ... loading on Q10 spare before I trust it on my Z30 ... I've been annoyed about just the Android abilities and 1 day after 16 replies in my thread last night BOOM the gods hath granted us working 10.3.1

I'm VERY curious and will test some functionality with BB assistant that I feel MANY BB10 users in Toronto will NEED to know:

What functions WORK without a service connection! 3 subways with WiFi until January 2015 with 4 more and late 2015 only 16 stops. Trains normally don't stop long enough to authenticate and then load a site you want ... doubt assistant will get through faster and I suspect it's ports maybe blocked will test at St. Goerge in about 40 mins on the way home
    08-22-14 12:16 AM
    I tried navigate to and it didn't do anything.

Posted via CB10
    Reboot it works now

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 01:14 AM
    FINALLY!!

YES!

An artificial assistant that can launch applications, local device search, music playback WITHOUT the need to connect to the Internet.

IOS can't do this with Siri, Google Now can't either. But WHY do I have to if the phone is set to local time and time zone.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    08-22-14 02:52 AM
    FINALLY!!

YES!

An artificial assistant that can launch applications, local device search, music playback WITHOUT the need to connect to the Internet.

IOS can't do this with Siri, Google Now can't either. But WHY do I have to if the phone is set to local time and time zone.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    It doesn't need Internet? Wow I didn't know that

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 08:28 AM
    [QUOTE=pttptppt;10745324Only once did she miss understand Assistant because I tried to enunciate and unfortunately left a gap in between "a**" and "tent".

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Um ... you asked it "a**" "tent" .. of course she'd misunderstand that's not a word, "A**" "IS" "Tent" is though I'm poking fun at ya. Thanks for the udpate ... loading on Q10 spare before I trust it on my Z30 ... I've been annoyed about just the Android abilities and 1 day after 16 replies in my thread last night BOOM the gods hath granted us working 10.3.1

I'm VERY curious and will test some functionality with BB assistant that I feel MANY BB10 users in Toronto will NEED to know:

What functions WORK without a service connection! 3 subways with WiFi until January 2015 with 4 more and late 2015 only 16 stops. Trains normally don't stop long enough to authenticate and then load a site you want ... doubt assistant will get through faster and I suspect it's ports maybe blocked will test at St. Goerge in about 40 mins on the way home
    08-22-14 11:11 AM
    It doesn't need Internet? Wow I didn't know that

Posted via CB10
    For time it does though. (maybe adjustable through network settings related to auto update time/timezone for carrier.

Unlike Siri, Blackberry nor Wolfram Alpha is recording, storing and using your voice search data for 2yrs like Apple does!
    08-22-14 11:13 AM

Unlike Siri, Blackberry nor Wolfram Alpha is recording, storing and using your voice search data for 2yrs like Apple does!
    Uh? Didn?t know that. Link?

Edit : never mind, found many links... wow...

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:19 AM
    For time it does though. (maybe adjustable through network settings related to auto update time/timezone for carrier.

wolfram alpha is used for the knowledge category questions. the voice recognition is provided by nuance, not wolframalpha...
    08-22-14 12:44 PM
    This is a post completely made by my voice using BlackBerry virtual assistant. This isn't a very good example because I have a bit of an accent but that just shows how much of an improvement this is towards voice control on BB10 .2 .1 and under. So far I am loving every bit of this new BlackBerry virtual assistant which I didn't expect at first, I don't know, I didn't quite like it as much but now that I'm using it a lot I can definitely say that it is a huge improvement to the old blackberry voice control and it's definitely comparable to Siri Google now and Microsoft Cortana. Before when I used BlackBerry voice control it wouldn't understand about 90% of what I'm saying but with this assistant so far I think it's only made two mistakes that's it and usually when I say open CB 10 and instead it would give me open CD10 but it still open crackerry that's good

Posted via CB10
    jon4400 likes this.
    08-22-14 07:31 PM
    This was a bit embarrassing.

"I asked who is the CEO of BlackBerry? "

And it gave me:

Review/personal experience with BlackBerry Assistant-img_20140822_194302.png

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 07:43 PM
    is it possible to use voice inside any text box?
    08-22-14 08:17 PM
    is it possible to use voice inside any text box?
    So far every text box worked. I know for sure it works on crackberry and text
    08-22-14 08:23 PM
    So far every text box worked. I know for sure it works on crackberry and text
    but how? if i long press the mute button it opens up the assistant app
    08-22-14 09:38 PM
    Does anyone else have a problem opening apps from search/intelligent assistant. I used to be able to, but for some reason it stopped at.
    Review/personal experience with BlackBerry Assistant-img_20140822_214719.png

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:47 PM
    I'm impressed with its recognition, it understands 95% of what I say compared to the other way around with the old voice control.

I have noticed that I always get an error whenever I try to save a reminder though. Anyone else had that problem?

Posted via CB10
    RoboticGolem likes this.
    08-22-14 09:48 PM
    Been great for me. In fact, much better than expected. Well done BBRY

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-22-14 09:48 PM
    but how? if i long press the mute button it opens up the assistant app
    I dont have a q10 anymore but I know that on touchscreen keybaords, you hold the "." (so hold the period) and the virtual assistant will pop up asking what to type. It should work on a physical keyboard too so hold the "." and see if that works
    08-22-14 09:53 PM
    I'm impressed with its recognition, it understands 95% of what I say compared to the other way around with the old voice control.

I have noticed that I always get an error whenever I try to save a reminder though. Anyone else had that problem?

Posted via CB10
    I just tried and it's working for me
    08-22-14 09:54 PM
    Does anyone else have a problem opening apps from search/intelligent assistant. I used to be able to, but for some reason it stopped at.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140822_214719.png 
Views:	1063 
Size:	38.6 KB 
ID:	292694

Posted via CB10
    It's working for me. try a restart
    08-22-14 09:55 PM
    08-22-14 10:01 PM
    That's cool. But can you please re-upload because one of the screen shots isn't working thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 10:09 PM
97 123 ...