Just found out that you can't restore from 10.1 to 10.2

The restore may have gone thru correctly but your android ports will not open. At least that seems to be the experience i am having. I have wiped and reloaded my Z10 more times this weekend that i have ever wiped a blackberry before.

I wiped, installed 10.2, wiped again, then installed all apps and email accounts, then restored only media and settings then restored all application data. After the restore completes i try to open check, our groceries, or even instagram which were all working before and none of them open successfully. I tried to import the 810 runtime and i have the exact same experience. If i do not restore then everything works fine it seems.

I guess my NBA Jam game saves were never meant to be!

If anyone else can help me i would be greatly appreciative.
    08-05-13 01:23 PM
    From what I understand, the secret is restoring the games & apps first, then your app data.

I'm hardly an expert though. This is covered several times in other threads, but hopefully someone else can lend some experienced advice.
    08-05-13 01:40 PM
    i am at a loss...i tried everything so far. if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great.
    08-05-13 02:02 PM
    i am at a loss...i tried everything so far. if anyone can shed some light on this it would be great.
    It's funky... what's worked for me is security wipe, add back all accounts and apps, then try to restore one thing at a time, ie apps, then settings then media. it took me three tries and I don't restore my media, it's on the sd card. I also was completely unable to restore from my 10.2 backups(yes plural) . So There's no guarantee of success here. Make sure before installing the next leak you have everything you can in cloud storage.

The best advice I can give you is to try different orders and to only restore one thing at a time. If you look in the FAQ section of the .1047 release there is a pretty comprehensive guide, but again it may or may not work.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 02:52 PM