Hi,

Is there a way to restore support for AC3 codecs?
    I a thread "OS 10.1 removed support for AC3", there were a post regarding changing a Boolean value which is responsible for support of AC3.
    >OK, so it seems that in order to enable AC3 we need a specific SIM or a rooted device.
    >BlackBerry has a boolean variable in the OS that will enable or disable AC3.
    >/pps/services/multimedia/renderer/settings
    ---------------------------------------------------
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post9795892
    >I actually cracked open the 10.2.0.1925 OS signed file using a HEX editor and it appears that the enable_ac3:b:false flag is being set programmatically at the time of flashing, probably based on the type of device the flasher detects. The contents look obfuscated to my eyes, so I don't think that I can override the value manually. I was hoping that it is set directly, but it is not. I presume that if you could force cfp to somehow think that it is flashing a different device ID you might end up with the active codec, but it is a crapshoot. I have a feeling that without some serious reverse engineering skills there won't be a way to bring this guy back.

Can it be fixed?

ps
    I created separated thread as it is not only Z10 problem
    01-02-14 11:44 AM
    Hi!
    So you are saying that to restore AC3 function you have to go to the engineering screen and change values? I have no idea if that would even work. People have not had much luck fiddling with the engineering screen as I see questions posted in the forums all the time.

Can't you convert the AC3 files to mp3 or flac? or some other format that is allowable on the phone?
    01-03-14 04:09 PM
    Not unless BB allows it themselves. You could always try other apps in the BB World that handle AC3 just fine but if you want it natively, I don't see it happening very soon unless BB puts an effort.

Rooting the device or bypassing certain permissions is something that is a lost cause in my honest opinion unless someone wants to step forward and release such a thing to the public.
    01-03-14 04:11 PM
    Only way after searching the forums is to download VLC player for Android that can play these files.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:33 PM
    BSPlayer for Android is also a solution.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:39 PM
    I've created a tool that allows you to SSH to BlackBerry 10 (now it's under beta testing and I'll release it soon). Actually, I can see the file, but I have only reading permissions

Any ideas?
    Restore AC3 support in BB10-img_00000574.jpg

EDIT: chmod doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    01-04-14 04:24 AM