So, the short story is this:

As long as I've had my Passport, Miracast has worked on whichever device I tried. I did not have a Smart Screen myself until now, but I didn't thinki it would be any different.
    However, as soon as I set up my new TV, every time I try to hook up my Passport through the Miracast setting it fails to connect. TV: LG with Web OS 2, Passport running latest OS.

I have searched and seen some posts that hinted earlier versions of the OS did work, and that the issue only seems to be between LG and BB devices. So I was wondering if it could work to load an earlier version of the miracast .bar (I hope it's not a built in part of the OS, but a separate .bar!).

Therefore I wonder if anyone could provide, or help me locate, the old .bar files for this. I guess a few versions would do, like one from a 10.3.0 OS, one from a 10.3.1 version. If that doesn't work I'll have to try another way to get this issue noticed, because it would be a shame if I couldn't use such a basic(productive!) part of the OS.
    01-18-16 11:28 AM
    On the noticed side, report it here: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN
    01-18-16 01:11 PM
    Yeah. I'm with you. Have the same issue with passport's miracast and LG webOs. Actually had to give up and use dlna to play videos on my TV. You may also try that android app that I find quite helpful: LG webOs connect (available from play store).

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 01:38 PM
    On the noticed side, report it here: https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/BBTEN
    That was definitely going to be my next stop. I've already filled out four issue reports though, so I hope they won't mind two more (also going to post about the Device Monitor again).

You may also try that android app that I find quite helpful: LG webOs connect (available from play store).
    Oh, does that app play nice with BB10? I was half expecting it to need Play Services. I'll try it later!
    01-18-16 04:48 PM
    Oh boy don't get me started on Miracast. I have watched a billion YouTube videos explaining how to connect the phone to the TV. I just can't make them play consistently. I guess the short answer is the tech is just not there yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 05:42 AM

Oh, does that app play nice with BB10? I was half expecting it to need Play Services. I'll try it later!
    Try it. I have google play store installed but no google services and it works nicely.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 06:15 AM
    Try it. I have google play store installed but no google services and it works nicely.

Posted via CB10
    I saw the webOS app, but I went for the (official?) LG TV Plus app! It also works great and serves my purposes better!

BlackBerry 10, Passport signed.
    01-19-16 07:56 AM
    Reported to Jira, response was that I should try BlackBerry Support forums or support through ShopBlackBerry. Smh.

"Because this isn't a developer tools/api related issue".

Of course none of those third party support options ever escalate OS bugs to BlackBerry... And besides, nonfunctional Miracast means it DOES interfere with app options. Maybe I'll just say that.

01-19-16 08:01 AM
    Reported to Jira, response was that I should try BlackBerry Support forums or support through ShopBlackBerry. Smh.

"Because this isn't a developer tools/api related issue".

Of course none of those third party support options ever escalate OS bugs to BlackBerry... And besides, nonfunctional Miracast means it DOES interfere with app options. Maybe I'll just say that.

Did you post it in the right place?

I've reported Core Apps problems (Margins issue on the Contacts App) before and it was sent to the dev team.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 09:32 AM
    I saw the webOS app, but I went for the (official?) LG TV Plus app! It also works great and serves my purposes better!

I mentioned the other one since it comes handy if you are having problems with playing some particular movies via 'play on' function. That way I was able to watch almost any movie file on my TV.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 01:22 PM
    I might have put it in the wrong place, who knows.

And yes, thanks for the app-tip for sharing stuff from phone → TV!

Now for my original question: is Miracast a separate .bar file? I cannot recall any with that name, but I might be called differently...

01-19-16 05:47 PM
    just a wild guess, since miracast is in the wifi settings, it could be incorporated in the wifi settings bar if that exists.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 12:04 AM
    There is a .bar file in the OS called sys.miracastviewer. I am not sure if that is the entire Miracast system, or just part of it.

Unfortunately all of the old OS leaks (10.3.0/10.3.1) are not readily available anymore here, or at least the bars aren't. I really hope someone might be able to find one, so I can at least try loading those older versions.
    01-30-16 06:15 PM
    miracastviewer.rar

Two previous versions of miracastviewer.bar attached. They did not work for my device. I think these bar files are for only listing the available miracast devices. Changing them does not bring any benefit. The main miracast functionality is part of the core OS.
    04-13-16 08:56 PM
    I'm having the same problem with my LG TV. And I'm thinking of buying a LG mini projector, which has miracast technology and that meets my teacher needs perfectly. But with this incompatibility, my plans were thwarted. I updated my OS imagining it to be, but nothing happened. Any solution?
    03-04-18 12:33 PM