Any way to hide unwanted items in the hub? I never use BBM or pin messages. It would make it less cluttered
    Thanks
    12-16-13 11:00 AM
    Go into your hub settings and turn them off.

Posted on my Z30
    12-16-13 11:06 AM
    I think he is talking about deleting the items from the hub altogether, not about messages showing up within the main hub folder.

To the best of my knowledge, you can not delete those line items from the main hub, but slff is correct that you can keep any messages from showing up in the main hub folder.

Edit: And yes, I would like to remove unused items as well. I use BBM, but not PIN
    12-16-13 11:13 AM
    Been through this myself.

I'd like to get rid of PIN, BBM, and Facebook. Just to clean up the Hub list.

Facebook is only there because I'm logged in the app itself. But, to me, it would seem obvious that if I turned off notifications in the Hub, then it should follow that I don't want to even see "Facebook" listed in the Hub.

If I want to check Facebook, I go to the app itself.

You see, I don't live and breathe Facebook, so I don't need to see the constant brain farts from my various family members. I check in on them when I have the time.

I write something about this in every survey that the Beta Zone puts out.

One day... maybe one day...

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    12-16-13 11:25 AM
    I think he is talking about deleting the items from the hub altogether, not about messages showing up within the main hub folder.

To the best of my knowledge, you can not delete those line items from the main hub, but slff is correct that you can keep any messages from showing up in the main hub folder.

Edit: And yes, I would like to remove unused items as well. I use BBM, but not PIN
    Well, you are actually both partially right .... I wanted to remove the items from the hub, not the messages from their own account. It can actually be done but BB is not very intuitive on how to do it:
    If you go to the hub management and you select "Show in hub only" the item disappears from the hub .... until a corresponding message arrives, then it shows up in the hub. So if you don't expect BBM or PIN or whatever, the lines won't clutter your hub.
    Definitely not what I expected and I think that many people don't realize that it can be done.
    I will remove also things like calls or voicemail (I use bebuzz so I get LED warnings anyways)
    Cheers
    HotFix likes this.
    12-16-13 11:35 AM
    My mistake - since you said you didn't use BBM, it would follow that you would never have any messages in the main hub folder.

The only items I have in the main hub folder are my work email. I check the individual folders for all other messages, i.e., personal email, BBM, Facebook etc...

But if you could find a way to delete a specific account from showing in the hub altogether, such as pin messages, that would be great.

Edit: And yes I obviously new that you could go through settings to select what you wanted to see in the main centralized hub folder
    12-16-13 11:40 AM
    Another "wish" list item would be if I do have a particular account marked to show up in the centralized hub folder, I could hide the redundant specific folder assigned to that account.
    12-16-13 11:45 AM
    Thanks LP_Rigg, I see what you mean, you wanted to remove also the actual messages from the hub? I guess is 6 or half a dozen in my case since I don't expect messages anyway, they won't be in the hub.
    But when you say:
    "I check the individual folders for all other messages, i.e., personal email, BBM, Facebook etc... " you mean you pull the little down arrow on the right side of the hub banner and go to the account folder, right? That's ok but it wouldn't work for BBM ot text messages, I don't see them there as folders .....

Ans also how did you get rid of everything in the hub messages (not item list) except work email ? by doing what I did (radio button to "Show in hub only")?
    Sorry I'm not clear ....
    12-16-13 11:52 AM
    But when you say:
    "I check the individual folders for all other messages, i.e., personal email, BBM, Facebook etc... " you mean you pull the little down arrow on the right side of the hub banner and go to the account folder, right? That's ok but it wouldn't work for BBM ot text messages, I don't see them there as folders .....
    CORRECTION: BBM and Text messages have their only app, so I guess that's why they are not showing up as folder in the hub pulldown
    12-16-13 12:10 PM
    Yes, the only messages in the main hub are my work email and from the settings I have it set as show in "Hub Only". The other accounts I have check marked to "show in separate account only"

But I have BBM and Text as separate folders in the hub pull down also. I am on a Z10 by the way.
    12-16-13 12:54 PM
    Yes, the only messages in the main hub are my work email and from the settings I have it set as show in "Hub Only". The other accounts I have check marked to "show in separate account only"

But I have BBM and Text as separate folders in the hub pull down also. I am on a Z10 by the way.
    Interesting ... I don't have those folders in the pull down. I'm also on a Z10, latest leak
    12-16-13 01:06 PM
    Has anyone figured out how to turn off Facebook in the hub? In previous OSs, one could use hub management to determine which app notifications showed in the hub. I can't find where to do that now. I can have FB show up in its own area, but I don't want it at all, especially because deleting the notifications is a one-by-one process. Z10, running .1925.

Thanks...
    01-05-14 10:07 AM
    Has anyone figured out how to turn off Facebook in the hub? In previous OSs, one could use hub management to determine which app notifications showed in the hub. I can't find where to do that now. I can have FB show up in its own area, but I don't want it at all, especially because deleting the notifications is a one-by-one process. Z10, running .1925.

Thanks...
    Can't you turn off device notifications in the Facebook app settings?

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    01-05-14 05:24 PM
    Check message #5 in this thread. That's how I selected what I want to see in the hub. For example I don'twant Facebook either so go to hub management/Facebook and select show in hub only and you won't see FB unless a message arrives. Or choose sshow in separate account only and it goes directly to the FB folder. I have 1925 as well
    Thanks...
    01-05-14 05:43 PM
    Yeah, that's what I'm doing now, but I'd rather not have it in there at all and there's no option to do this anymore, I guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 09:25 PM