Has anyone been able to bypass carrier restricted tethering on 10.3.1? I loaded the old escreen:// and I get a message saying it's old and needs to be updated. Newer versions all have the options grayed out.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:06 AM
    Good luck ! Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 10:12 AM
    There is an entire thread with regard to removing carrier restrictions. This has only been shown to work on Verizon devices from what I understand. I have tested on Z10 and Z30 from 10.0 to 10.3 and it has worked every time except for Dev OSes. Escreens are disabled in Dec OSes. The escreen should work fine in 10.3.1 as well.
    10-06-14 12:26 PM
    you may have t load an older escreen bar file, its mentioned somewhere in the forum but i dont remember the exact thread.
    10-06-14 12:28 PM
    Please read the entire first post.

The old escreen:// file is no longer valid.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:34 PM
    Not valid? Meaning? It's not available? Can't be sideloaded? Going to escreen:// on the browser causes an error?

What device, what carrier, what exact OS?
    10-06-14 12:39 PM
    I loaded the old escreen:// and I get a message saying it's old and needs to be updated.
    I get a message from the OS when trying to open the diagnostics app. It doesn't open the app at all.

STL-100-4

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 12:44 PM
    I get a message from the OS when trying to open the diagnostics app. It doesn't open the app at all.

STL-100-4

Posted via CB10
    OK - So it sounds like a Verizon Z10.

Are you using the full 10.3.1 or the Developer 10.3.1. As noted earlier the Developer version will not allow the use of escreens.

Were you successful previously in using escreens to bypass the restriction?

So you downloaded the escreen bar file I provided in the prior thread ( http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...creens-793184/ )? You successfully side-loaded that escreen bar file onto your device. You restarted device. You opened browser and typed in escreen:// - and BB returned a pop-up saying, "Your escreen bar is outdated, please update"?

Please confirm that I have all this correct
    10-06-14 12:57 PM
    I'm am using the full 10.3.1 leak. The answer to the rest of your questions is "yes." Never had an issue until now. When I click the Update button on the prompt it opens BBW. There obviously isn't an app to download from there.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-14 01:04 PM
    So weird. Maybe because it relies on adobe flash? Someone smarter than I will need to get a better answer. My only hope is Obi- ..uhm I mean that a later 10.3.1 restores functionality.
    10-06-14 01:42 PM
    Has anyone been able to bypass carrier restricted tethering on 10.3.1? I loaded the old escreen:// and I get a message saying it's old and needs to be updated. Newer versions all have the options grayed out.

Posted via CB10
    Were you able to get this working? I'm getting the following error message, "Deprecated Application (Diagnostic Screens) This application uses a runtime that is no longer supported. You can cancel the launch, search Blackberry for an update, or delete the application"
    10-21-14 03:36 PM
    Unfortunately not. It looks like we'll need to either pay Big Red $30 for tethering, or be satisfied with using an app like EasyTether that only allows USB sharing to a PC with client software. Yay...

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 03:39 PM
    Yes. It appears, at least for now, that 10.3.1 will be the end of the line for this. However, given that 10.3.1 also does not seem to have Adobe Flash loaded in it's browser, I am strongly considering staying on the 10.3 branch until the Z50 is released. And then - easy tether or some likewise alternative.
    10-21-14 03:49 PM
    Note that June Fabrics' Android PDANet client works on 10.3 (and 10.2 for that matter) quite well if your laptop has bluetooth....

It does not work over USB or WiFi however.
    10-21-14 03:50 PM
    How were you able to install it ? The link for the mobile andriod client doesn't work on the BB browser. Did you have to sideload ?
    07-11-15 07:55 AM
    Note that June Fabrics' Android PDANet client works on 10.3 (and 10.2 for that matter) quite well if your laptop has bluetooth....

It does not work over USB or WiFi however.
    It doesn't work quite well, just well enough. Try re-loading or opening multiple tabs and watch it crap out. Heck, even picture heavy sites make it crap out.

It's a decent app to have on BB10 in a pinch and your carrier is. Blocking tethering though, but it's definitely nothing to write home about.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 01:03 PM
    Does any one try all those steps using Zeus browser? . It's a new browser with abobe flash for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-15 01:40 PM
    It doesn't work quite well, just well enough. Try re-loading or opening multiple tabs and watch it crap out. Heck, even picture heavy sites make it crap out.

It's a decent app to have on BB10 in a pinch and your carrier is. Blocking tethering though, but it's definitely nothing to write home about.

Posted via CB10
    Oh disagree entirely if your Bluetooth stack on the other device is any good. I've used this "in anger" many times.... Of course if your bluetooth stack on the PC stinks nothing helps.

The other thing to be aware of is that certain carriers (cough-AT&T-cough!) are quite-capable of detecting and blocking it, and do.
    07-11-15 03:37 PM
    Oh disagree entirely if your Bluetooth stack on the other device is any good. I've used this "in anger" many times.... Of course if your bluetooth stack on the PC stinks nothing helps.

The other thing to be aware of is that certain carriers (cough-AT&T-cough!) are quite-capable of detecting and blocking it, and do.
    My z10-3 is on AT&T and I've never had a problem tethering and no, they're not charging me for the "privilege"...
    07-11-15 09:04 PM
    I'm on Verizon and just use the Easy Tether Pro app from BlackBerry world. There is no option for WiFi tether (USB and bluetooth only) but it actually works.

Stupid to have to buy an app to do something built into the phone that the carrier blocked.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 07:13 AM