09-13-14 03:48 PM
282 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    For both of our cases. We can safely assume that desktop blackberry link requires
    1. FIRST active NIC must have Internet connection.
    2. Dns server that can resolve blackberry.com as the FIRST Registered dns.

Posted via CB10
    palosanto likes this.
    12-29-13 09:46 AM
    sirJes, i fought rfa with 1925 also. long story short, i have working now. I did restore with 1st install of 1925. No restore with it now working. Also, fought with mms. I ended up doing a number of wipes and installing older os versions and older link versions. once i got mms behaving (10.1.0.2354) I then went back to 1925. rfa fix also required looking into the device manager (Win7) and checking and correcting related network adapter had correct drivers. For now it is still behaving from yesterday.
    12-29-13 10:27 AM
    Uhm yeah I know it's a leak. And I expect issues. However it has been working for some hence the trouble shooting here. Which is what these forums are about no? Helping each other?
    I was more commenting on your "Welcome to the world of BlackBerry" than your troubleshooting. I welcome all troubleshooting and discussion about leaks and official releases, just want to make sure you're not placing the blame for your issues where they shouldn't lie. That's all. Happy hunting and I hope your issues get resolved.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:46 AM
    Tried this and no luck Link still won't recognize my BBID. Oh well. Thanks for this.
    Have you tried uninstalling link, rebooting your PC and then reinstalling in order to get link to recognize your BBID? Something doesn't sound right about your setup if it's not recognizing you.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 10:50 AM
    Have you tried uninstalling link, rebooting your PC and then reinstalling in order to get link to recognize your BBID? Something doesn't sound right about your setup if it's not recognizing you.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, you need to resolve your BBID first... it seems unrelated to the RFA problem although required , of course
    12-29-13 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I've tried this. I've even installed older version of LINK....thanks though.
    I'm pretty sure I need to reload the OS. And not wipe.....
    12-29-13 11:00 AM
    I agree, you need to resolve your BBID first... it seems unrelated to the RFA problem although required , of course
    Yes, I think a reload of OS may get that sorted. If that somehow fixes my BBID issue, then I can see if RFA works or not, LOL
    12-29-13 11:02 AM
    I was more commenting on your "Welcome to the world of BlackBerry" than your troubleshooting. I welcome all troubleshooting and discussion about leaks and official releases, just want to make sure you're not placing the blame for your issues where they shouldn't lie. That's all. Happy hunting and I hope your issues get resolved.

Posted via CB10
    yeah I guess that comment was misplaced. Just frustrated, LOL
    12-29-13 11:03 AM
    This is for windows environment
    1. Check your network adapter seeting (I assume you only have 1 active network adapter). Is it dhcp? If it is dhcp than check the dns setting through command line ipconfig /all.
    2. After you found the dns server ips, make sure the FIRST server dns can resolve dns name blackberry.com.
    3. If the first dns can't resolve the dns name, find one that can resolve it and change the dns order setting on the adapter setting.
    4. Through task manager, end task all process that has blackberry / rim name.
    (there are 5/6 processes)
    5. After it, go to services.msc, find RIM dns service, stop it and start it again.
    6. Open blackberry link.., sign out, and sign in again..., if your device listed on rfa tab, you are good to go
    7. Try rfa from thw phone.

Hope it solved yours as it solve mine earlier before

Posted via CB10
    How do you check if a server dns can resolve blackberry.com?
    12-29-13 11:06 AM
    BTW, is it fair to assume that the guys at BlackBerry are reading our discussions? I surely hope so.....
    12-29-13 12:05 PM
    Yes, I think a reload of OS may get that sorted. If that somehow fixes my BBID issue, then I can see if RFA works or not, LOL
    Well if you're able to sign into your BBID on your Berry but not Link then it would tell me that Link is the weak...um...link. Reloading the OS will not fix this issue of Link not recognizing you, but once that is sorted then a reflash may suit your Berry well. As previously mentioned, I would completely uninstall, reboot your PC and then reinstall fresh from BlackBerry.com/blackberrylink to ensure you have the latest and greatest. When installing have your phone off so that Link doesn't try to connect to it and then once you are signed into Link, turn your Berry on and set it up in link. You may be stuck in a loop where Link is connected to your phone but not properly fitted for the job. Having phone off whilst setting up link should allow for a completely fresh install. Hope this helps.

Single-finger-flickin-fun from the BEST damn virtual keyboard in existence....The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    12-29-13 01:32 PM
    Well if you're able to sign into your BBID on your Berry but not Link then it would tell me that Link is the weak...um...link. Reloading the OS will not fix this issue of Link not recognizing you, but once that is sorted then a reflash may suit your Berry well. As previously mentioned, I would completely uninstall, reboot your PC and then reinstall fresh from BlackBerry.com/blackberrylink to ensure you have the latest and greatest. When installing have your phone off so that Link doesn't try to connect to it and then once you are signed into Link, turn your Berry on and set it up in link. You may be stuck in a loop where Link is connected to your phone but not properly fitted for the job. Having phone off whilst setting up link should allow for a completely fresh install. Hope this helps.

Single-finger-flickin-fun from the BEST damn virtual keyboard in existence....The BlackBerry Z30 Everybody!
    Thanks, will try this and give it one more shot.
    12-29-13 03:05 PM
    Let me add to my saga. So just set up the Q10 I got my hubby for Xmas. I had preinstalled 1925 for him. I didn't wipe it.
    Connected to my laptop using LINK. Signed in with his BBID. And RFA found his device immediately.

So it's not LINK right?
    The problem still remains that my laptop is not listed in file manager on the Q either.
    I'm going to install Link on his laptop and see if that makes a difference.
    12-29-13 04:49 PM
    Let me add to my saga. So just set up the Q10 I got my hubby for Xmas. I had preinstalled 1925 for him. I didn't wipe it.
    Connected to my laptop using LINK. Signed in with his BBID. And RFA found his device immediately.

So it's not LINK right?
    The problem still remains that my laptop is not listed in file manager on the Q either.
    Try connecting the laptop to the router with a cable and see if it works. I still think that is a dns priority issue
    12-29-13 05:06 PM
    I'm running 1925 and had issue where I was unable to login to Link with my BlackBerry ID. I tried a number of things, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. My computer has been a little glitchy lately and I was also unable to access the Firewall settings in Windows 7 to see whether that had something to do with the problem. AVG and Microsoft scanner found no malware on the machine. Scanned with Glary Utilities and everything was up to snuff... so they said. Still, machine was glitchy. Last night, I backed up my data. This morning I wiped the PC and reset it to factory install for Windows 7. I loaded BB Link and what do you know... I was now able to login to Link. Setup for Remote File Access was easy and seemless.

Maybe it's Link, maybe it's 1925, or maybe it's your PC. In my case, the PC was the problem. My ACER laptop made the entire process easy and worth it since it is now like a fresh machine.
    12-29-13 07:37 PM

So it's not LINK right?
    I tried Link on another PC and had the same RFA issues.
    I'm leaning towards a re-install without wipe..
    I'm still debating if RFA is worth going through another fresh install (and not guaranteed to work) or just wait for next leak.
    If u do let us know if it fixes it.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    12-29-13 08:20 PM
    Got a way out, just deleted the link from BlackBerry accounts in the device itself. You will lose all your outlook contacts. Rest sync relationship in BlackBerry Link in desktop. Re-established the link through desktop blackberry link. RFA working fine now.

Sync contact gain, outlook synchronised and everything is perfect now.

Posted from Z30 , STL-2. 10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:48 AM
    I have some information to add that the tech savvy may be able to sort. I have a Motorola cable modem and routher combo that is connected to the Comcast cable coming into my home. My internet connection starts there. Several months back, the router signal of the Motorola unit quit working. So, I deactivated the router portion of the unit and bought a separate Netgear router. When installing the router, I ran cat six cable from my home computer directly to the router. The router is cat six cabled to the modem and my printer is also cat six cabled to the router. Utilizing this setup, I was able to get RFA to work as long as wifi is enabled on the phone. But, if I connect my computer, via cat six cable to the modem and not to the router it quits working no matter what I tried. That is issue number one.

My number two issue is the Use Mobile Network toggle on the phone. It seems to make no difference on what I have tried so far. Turn it on, turn it off, it matters not as long as wifi is enabled on the phone. Turn off wifi, and RFA quits, period. The Mobile Network toggle does nothing, at least on my home wifi network. Anybody know when this setting should work? Does it enable RFA if you are on another wifi network? Any help would be appreciated.
    12-30-13 09:33 AM
    In windows environment :
    1. Check your dns server registration list on all NIC from command line using :
    ipconfig /all

2. After you found the dns server list. Check if it can resolve blackberry.com from command line using :
    nslookup blackberry.com dns-server-ip

Replace the dns- server-ip with ip of dns server you want to check

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 07:46 AM
    In windows environment :
    1. Check your dns server registration list on all NIC from command line using :
    ipconfig /all

2. After you found the dns server list. Check if it can resolve blackberry.com from command line using :
    nslookup blackberry.com dns-server-ip

Replace the dns- server-ip with ip of dns server you want to check

Posted via CB10
    Ok so tried this and this is what I got.

I'm not sure what you mean by replace the dns- server-ip with ip of dns server you want to check

Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-command.png
    12-31-13 08:12 AM
    Is anyone having trouble with RFA also having problems with Print to Go?

Update: after resetting and re-pairing the device in Print to Go it works now.
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    Last edited by pvphooman; 12-31-13 at 10:08 AM.
    12-31-13 08:55 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by replace the dns- server-ip with ip of dns server you want to check

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	command.PNG 
Views:	960 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	234882
    What I mean is your command line should be like
    Nslookup blackberry.com 127.0.0.1 or
    Nslookup blackberry.com 192.168.1.1

According to attached image, your dns ip of 192.168.1.1, is it the FIRST Registered dns in the FIRST active NIC?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:56 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	command.PNG 
Views:	960 
Size:	7.5 KB 
ID:	234882
    Have you tried turning off IPv6 on your home desktop to see if that changes anything?
    How to disable IP version 6 or its specific components in Windows
    12-31-13 09:59 AM

According to attached image, your dns ip of 192.168.1.1, is it the FIRST Registered dns in the FIRST active NIC?

Posted via CB10
    So this is what I get when I do ipconfig/all

Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-command2.png

Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-command3.png
    habdza likes this.
    12-31-13 10:01 AM

Posted via CB10
    Like this?

Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-command4.png
    12-31-13 10:11 AM
282 ... 7891011 ...