09-13-14 04:48 PM
282 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Good luck with that, as it's exactly where i am
    Yup, same thing but in only one of my two PC's, always offline. No problems with my work PC which is not even in my home LAN.
    But the one at home It always shows offline. It's gotta be some setting in the PC, dunno what, firewall? (I tried to turn it off with no luck).

User Omwok on post #162 suggested to change some DNS setting. Maybe, but I don't know what he means.
    Omwok, can you help?
    12-28-13 05:07 PM
    I think SirJes was working on the RFA issue.

The RFA and MMS problems seem to be reciprocal with this leak. If you have one you don't have the other. A restore seems to make RFA work and not MMS, and no restore makes MMS work but not RFA.

I'm hoping that if this leak becomes official, or with the next official leak that can be installed nondestructively, both problems will go away.

Posted via CB10
    I posted a long version of this on two other threads.

The MMS send problem was solved only by going to AT&T and getting a new SIM card, which fixed it immediately.

Makes no sense to me--i had tried everything else.

Maybe someone can explain it.
    12-28-13 05:11 PM
    Hmmm I wonder when they took that away, sorry.

Posted from my Z30
    I've had a Z since day one and don't recall that setting. Debug mode is in the browser settings but not in the overall settings

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 05:17 PM
    Ok, keep us posted. FWIW, when my RFA was working, and this happened...pc showing as offline, I connected via USB and it magically woke it up somehow. LOL
    It's just frustrating that this just doesn't work like its supposed to and we have to go through all these things.....sigh. Welcome to the world of BlackBerry.
    Remember that you're running a leak at your own risk. It would be wonderful if everything worked like it was supposed to on leaks but we can't expect something that is not a valid release to be perfect

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    12-28-13 05:21 PM
    Remember that you're running a leak at your own risk. It would be wonderful if everything worked like it was supposed to on leaks but we can't expect something that is not a valid release to be perfect

Posted via CB10
    Uhm yeah I know it's a leak. And I expect issues. However it has been working for some hence the trouble shooting here. Which is what these forums are about no? Helping each other?
    12-28-13 05:43 PM

Posted via CB10

I don't think anyone is debating the fact that we are running leaked software, at least I know I am running it. However, it worked for 24 to 48 hours before stopping. Everything on the phone and on Link all appear to be correct. I still think SOMETHING is wrong on the BB Servers.

I did reload the OS earlier, did not restore and it was showing "John-PC (offline)" for a while then it stopped listing my computer completely as the last image shows. Something interesting possibly though. Symantec Endpoint firewall was showing IP traffic working to and from the MAC on the BB, however ALL UDP traffic to and from this mac was blocked. Even odder, Network and Sharing showed 0 traffic both in and out of the BlackBerry Virtual Private Network adaptor.
    Attached Thumbnails Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-img_20131228_184309_hdr.jpg   Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-img_20131228_184404.png   Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-img_20131228_184448.png   Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-img_20131228_184503.png  
    12-28-13 05:53 PM
    Finally got remote access working correctly. I now open Blackberry Link on my home PC. Make sure my Z10 has been signed on (I leave it that way). I went to the Remote Access Area of Link and identified the various folders that I wanted to allow access to with the Z10. Then I enter settings on my Z10 and turn on Wifi for my home network. Then I turn on both toggle switches in the Blackberry Link submenu of the Settings menu on my Z10. Then tap on the identified computer at the bottom of the Blackberry Link submenu and viola! The allowed folders come up for view on my phone.
    Note: I had to Contact Norton to make changes to my Anti-Virus firewall to allow for communication to my phone without turning the firewall off. They accomplished that in less than 5 minutes with a new firewall rule that they inserted. Also note, Microsoft's firewall is permanently off and is not needed because of the Norton firewall (they interfere with each other if you try to use both). Now all is good. The remote file access works like a champ on 10.2.1.1925 as long as Link is running on your home PC and you are signed in to your phone and you follow the rest of the above.
    12-28-13 05:54 PM
    I don't recall--did anyone using only the Mac version of Link have the RFA issue with 1925?

I am on a Mac and have had no RFA problems with this leak.

If that is the case, then it may not have been a BBRY server problem, unless the servers for the Mac and PC Link programs are different.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 05:58 PM
    Finally got remote access working correctly. I now open Blackberry Link on my home PC. Make sure my Z10 has been signed on (I leave it that way). I went to the Remote Access Area of Link and identified the various folders that I wanted to allow access to with the Z10. Then I enter settings on my Z10 and turn on Wifi for my home network. Then I turn on both toggle switches in the Blackberry Link submenu of the Settings menu on my Z10. Then tap on the identified computer at the bottom of the Blackberry Link submenu and viola! The allowed folders come up for view on my phone.
    Note: I had to Contact Norton to make changes to my Anti-Virus firewall to allow for communication to my phone without turning the firewall off. They accomplished that in less than 5 minutes with a new firewall rule that they inserted. Also note, Microsoft's firewall is permanently off and is not needed because of the Norton firewall (they interfere with each other if you try to use both). Now all is good. The remote file access works like a champ on 10.2.1.1925 as long as Link is running on your home PC and you are signed in to your phone and you follow the rest of the above.
    That's all good and dandy but two things:
    1.- RFA is supposed to work without having to keep Link running.
    2.- Try to go to the street (make sure you have "use mobile network" toggle on) or be under another wi-fi, your neighbour or a public wi-fi and see if still works ... It should, that's the whole idea, you are supposed to access your files from ANYWHERE
    12-28-13 06:08 PM
    That's all good and dandy but two things:
    1.- RFA is supposed to work without having to keep Link running.
    2.- Try to go to the street (make sure you have "use mobile network" toggle on) or be under another wi-fi, your neighbour or a public wi-fi and see if still works ... It should, that's the whole idea, you are supposed to access your files from ANYWHERE
    I can tell you that if Link is not running on my home PC, you are not going to be able to access any files. I have not yet tried it with somebody else's wifi network. Everybody is encrypted in my area so that is hard to do. But if my wifi is off, no connection even with the Use Mobile Network toggle on.

Holy Crap, turned off Blackberry Link but left computer on. I can still connect to my files as long as my phone's wifi is on. It will not work with my phone's wifi off. Do not yet know if I can use another's wifi, like at a local mall. I will have to give it a try or ask a neighbor for a guest password to try it.
    Last edited by Mozdony; 12-28-13 at 06:34 PM.
    12-28-13 06:22 PM
    Holy crap. Just got it to work again. What a pain in the rear. Now I am beyond happy. Yes I am a simple person.
    12-28-13 06:26 PM
    Holy crap. Just got it to work again. What a pain in the rear. Now I am beyond happy. Yes I am a simple person.
    How? LOL
    12-28-13 06:30 PM
    ok, I'm still fiddling around with RFA and I just noticed something interesting and definitely useful (it's just me? )...

Although it still doesn't solve the main problems of this thread, I thought it was wort mentioning ... My apologies if I just discovered the obvious:

I turned off both wi-fi AND data services and I can access my files while connected via USB through the RFA icon in file manager.
    So what is so great? Well, if you don't have RFA set up, the only way to do that would be from within the interface of Link. But with RFA you can do it directly from the phone and without any network connections.

With USB connected, I could always see my phone files in windows explorer as new drive letters (device and SD-card) but never the reverse, i.e. see the computer files from my phone. I can now ...
    12-28-13 06:33 PM
    Try signing in and out of your Blackberry ID a couple of times. During the sign-in process it adds your computer to your phone . Also, sometimes with a new OS or Link software, your computer will get deleted from the phone. Uninstall and reinstall link will usually fix the problem. Attach your phone while on, right before you start the reinstall of link. This has worked for me, hopefully this will for you.

I don't think anyone is debating the fact that we are running leaked software, at least I know I am running it. However, it worked for 24 to 48 hours before stopping. Everything on the phone and on Link all appear to be correct. I still think SOMETHING is wrong on the BB Servers.

I did reload the OS earlier, did not restore and it was showing "John-PC (offline)" for a while then it stopped listing my computer completely as the last image shows. Something interesting possibly though. Symantec Endpoint firewall was showing IP traffic working to and from the MAC on the BB, however ALL UDP traffic to and from this mac was blocked. Even odder, Network and Sharing showed 0 traffic both in and out of the BlackBerry Virtual Private Network adaptor.
    12-28-13 06:35 PM
    I can tell you that if Link is not running on my home PC, you are not going to be able to access any files. I have not yet tried it with somebody else's wifi network. Everybody is encrypted in my area so that is hard to do. But if my wifi is off, no connection even with the Use Mobile Network toggle on.
    It works with me. When you say 'running' you mean the application actually opened in windows? What I'm telling you is that all you need to have is BB Link installed (of course) but not running.
    And I just wrote post #188 regarding the wifi connection .... I know, this is getting more weird every time, ha, ha
    12-28-13 06:36 PM

Holy Crap, turned off Blackberry Link but left computer on. I can still connect to my files as long as my phone's wifi is on. It will not work with my phone's wifi off. Do not yet know if I can use another's wifi, like at a local mall. I will have to give it a try or ask a neighbor for a guest password to try it.
    Told ya ...
    ok, try what I posted: turn off wifi and network. Connect with usb. You should still be able to see the files.
    12-28-13 06:44 PM
    I have mine running finally. Previously when I selected my PC in File Manager, I seemed to see it but no files or folders. I went into my computer and turned on file sharing for for a few folders and now they appear and I can access the files on my PC via RMA.

EDIT: See post 195 for correction.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by barbwyr; 12-28-13 at 07:20 PM.
    12-28-13 06:56 PM
    I have mine running finally. Previously when I selected my PC in File Manager, I seemed to see it but no files or folders. I went into my computer and turned on file sharing for for a few folders and now they appear and I can access the files on my PC via RMA.

Posted via CB10
    I realize that it works for you but, I'm pretty sure that enabling file sharing on those folders in windows is not the reason that it works. I have my folders not shared in windows but only in Link and it works too ....
    12-28-13 07:01 PM
    How? LOL
    Hope I can remember all that I did. I am sure I did a lot of what was mentioned here already. BUT.

On the BB, I disabled DHCP, assigned an IP and then reverted after confirming browsing the internet and pinging the IP.
    On the BB, turned off both options on BlackBerry Link page.

On the PC. Used Task Manager to shut down ALL RIM/BB services. Connected BB through USB
    Launched BlackBerry Link, waited for BlackBerry Device Manager to appear in tray.
    Link showed the error message that the device needed to have BB OS 10 or higher, no changes made while this error displayed.

On the BB, enabled the BlackBerry Link options
    ** Johns-PC was still listed below. Clicked on it, circle started spinning,

On Link, clicked on refresh

BlackBerry displayed my shared files.

Disconnected the USB cable.

On the BB, turned OFF WiFI and mobile, turned them back on, relaunched File Browser and selected the "John-PC" and the share was displayed again.

I would also like to mention that when my error started I was actually watching a movie, stopped it and quickly started another then stopped it even quicker, then started another. Not that this has any bearing on the issue, just odd.

PS. I feel this was sheer luck. I seriously doubt it will help anyone else.
    12-28-13 07:14 PM
    I realize that it works for you but, I'm pretty sure that enabling file sharing on those folders in windows is not the reason that it works. I have my folders not shared in windows but only in Link and it works too ....
    My bad...it's been a long few days and I must still have vacation brain..lol. It's not on my PC that I shared them, it is in link and each folder in link is appearing on my phone. So I guess the fix for those who can connect but see no files is to make sure you have them listed in link under RMA. I also did not wipe or restore after reinstalling .1925 so perhaps the suggestion made previous about installing without wipe or restore after is the key for some or hopefully most.
    12-28-13 07:19 PM
    Hope I can remember all that I did. I am sure I did a lot of what was mentioned here already. BUT.

On the BB, I disabled DHCP, assigned an IP and then reverted after confirming browsing the internet and pinging the IP.
    On the BB, turned off both options on BlackBerry Link page.

On the PC. Used Task Manager to shut down ALL RIM/BB services. Connected BB through USB
    Launched BlackBerry Link, waited for BlackBerry Device Manager to appear in tray.
    Link showed the error message that the device needed to have BB OS 10 or higher, no changes made while this error displayed.

On the BB, enabled the BlackBerry Link options
    ** Johns-PC was still listed below. Clicked on it, circle started spinning,

On Link, clicked on refresh

BlackBerry displayed my shared files.

Disconnected the USB cable.

On the BB, turned OFF WiFI and mobile, turned them back on, relaunched File Browser and selected the "John-PC" and the share was displayed again.

I would also like to mention that when my error started I was actually watching a movie, stopped it and quickly started another then stopped it even quicker, then started another. Not that this has any bearing on the issue, just odd.

PS. I feel this was sheer luck. I seriously doubt it will help anyone else.
    Thanks..

But my pc won't even show up in file manager. It does in settings, but I get the same message as you had "can not view files blah blah" LOL
    And LINK refuses to associate my BBID no matter what I try. I even flashed the 1259 radio to see if that would help and still no joy.

Me thinks I need to reload the OS.........or wait for the next leak
    12-28-13 07:36 PM
    Told ya ...
    ok, try what I posted: turn off wifi and network. Connect with usb. You should still be able to see the files.
    O.K. Main computer is on. Blackberry Link setting is on but Use Mobile Network is off. Wifi on phone is off. Phone connected to computer via USB. I then go into the file manager and tap on the name of my computer and the files appear.

What I don't yet get, is the need for the Mobile Network setting. Turn it on, turn it off, it matters not if the phone's wifi is on and it does nothing with the phone's wifi off. I have to give more consideration as to how the phone network might get information from my computer over the net which connects to the phone via the AT&T network. Something is blocking that from happening. Hmmm....
    12-28-13 08:14 PM
    Yup, same thing but in only one of my two PC's, always offline. No problems with my work PC which is not even in my home LAN.
    But the one at home It always shows offline. It's gotta be some setting in the PC, dunno what, firewall? (I tried to turn it off with no luck).

User Omwok on post #162 suggested to change some DNS setting. Maybe, but I don't know what he means.
    Omwok, can you help?
    This is for windows environment
    1. Check your network adapter seeting (I assume you only have 1 active network adapter). Is it dhcp? If it is dhcp than check the dns setting through command line ipconfig /all.
    2. After you found the dns server ips, make sure the FIRST server dns can resolve dns name blackberry.com.
    3. If the first dns can't resolve the dns name, find one that can resolve it and change the dns order setting on the adapter setting.
    4. Through task manager, end task all process that has blackberry / rim name.
    (there are 5/6 processes)
    5. After it, go to services.msc, find RIM dns service, stop it and start it again.
    6. Open blackberry link.., sign out, and sign in again..., if your device listed on rfa tab, you are good to go
    7. Try rfa from thw phone.

Hope it solved yours as it solve mine earlier before

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 10:24 PM
    This is for windows environment
    1. Check your network adapter seeting (I assume you only have 1 active network adapter). Is it dhcp? If it is dhcp than check the dns setting through command line ipconfig /all.
    2. After you found the dns server ips, make sure the FIRST server dns can resolve dns name blackberry.com.
    3. If the first dns can't resolve the dns name, find one that can resolve it and change the dns order setting on the adapter setting.
    4. Through task manager, end task all process that has blackberry / rim name.
    (there are 5/6 processes)
    5. After it, go to services.msc, find RIM dns service, stop it and start it again.
    6. Open blackberry link.., sign out, and sign in again..., if your device listed on rfa tab, you are good to go
    7. Try rfa from thw phone.
    Hope it solved yours as it solve mine earlier before
    Posted via CB10
    Thank you omwok. Just shortly before I read your post, I found the solution FINALLY and in a way is similar to what you did ...
    I think that this may solve the connection problems of many users in this thread.
    I have (as many of us do) two network cards: one for wi-fi and the other for LAN wired connection.
    If you use wi-fi chances are that you don't use the wired connection. I think (and almost certain) that the problem is that Link recognizes only the first network connection that it finds and if it's not the one where you are connected, RFA fails.
    Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-1.jpg
    As you can see I have my wired connection unplugged and I use wi-fi.
    By default the order is set to auto and with that setting the wired connection will always win out so wi-fi fails.
    So if you go to advanced TCP/IP settings and change the Metric number to something like 2 for the wired connection and the wireless to 1 you will force Link to find the wi-fi first.
    Here is how you do it:
    Right click on Network, select properties. In that window that opens click Change Advanced Settings. In that windows that opens right click on your wired NIC and select properties. In that dialog box that opens select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then hit the Properties button.
    Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-2.jpg
    Click the Advanced button and in that dialog box take the check mark out of Automatic metric and put a 2 in that box.
    Do the same for the wireless NIC but use a 1.
    Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-3.jpg
    I did this and reboot my phone and I was connected immediately via file manager..
    If you are connected with LAN wired connection you don't need to do anything and you probably never had a problem, so chances are that you are not even following this thread to begin with ....
    I hope that this helps someone
    J1124G likes this.
    12-29-13 01:41 AM
    Thank you omwok. Just shortly before I read your post, I found the solution FINALLY and in a way is similar to what you did ...
    I think that this may solve the connection problems of many users in this thread.
    I have (as many of us do) two network cards: one for wi-fi and the other for LAN wired connection.
    If you use wi-fi chances are that you don't use the wired connection. I think (and almost certain) that the problem is that Link recognizes only the first network connection that it finds and if it's not the one where you are connected, RFA fails.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	2327 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	234193
    As you can see I have my wired connection unplugged and I use wi-fi.
    By default the order is set to auto and with that setting the wired connection will always win out so wi-fi fails.
    So if you go to advanced TCP/IP settings and change the Metric number to something like 2 for the wired connection and the wireless to 1 you will force Link to find the wi-fi first.
    Here is how you do it:
    Right click on Network, select properties. In that window that opens click Change Advanced Settings. In that windows that opens right click on your wired NIC and select properties. In that dialog box that opens select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then hit the Properties button.

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	2275 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	234195
    Click the Advanced button and in that dialog box take the check mark out of Automatic metric and put a 2 in that box.
    Do the same for the wireless NIC but use a 1.

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	2267 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	234196
    I did this and reboot my phone and I was connected immediately via file manager..
    If you are connected with LAN wired connection you don't need to do anything and you probably never had a problem, so chances are that you are not even following this thread to begin with ....
    I hope that this helps someone
    Tried this and no luck Link still won't recognize my BBID. Oh well. Thanks for this.
    12-29-13 10:19 AM
282 ... 678910 ...