09-13-14 03:48 PM
282 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Just off topic but wanted to know.....

If I restore App Data & Media what all is restored. My App Data shows 2.07 GB & Media shows 998.3 MB.

What if I restored only App Data? Basically I want only WhatsApp conversation data & SMS Text mssg data to be restored.

Last back up shows only 553MB on 10.2.1.1925, while earlier back up shows 3.06GB backed up while I was on 1055. please guide & help.

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925.
    Sorry to hijack the thread, just providing Sdgandhi (Sanjiv) with some info. You don't need to backup with link to retain your WhatsApp data. If you go into WhatsApp settings and look under Media Settings and chose Backup conversations. When you reinstall WhatsApp it will ask you if you want to restore.
    12-27-13 08:31 PM
    Well, I have my home and work pc listed. I have never been able to connect to my home PC but never had trouble connecting from anywhere to my work pc which is 30 km away .... go figure.
    Both run win 7 and a basic home wi-fi network. I cannot figure out what is preventing my z10 to connect to my home PC.
    I've tried ES File explorer and I'm able to connect to my files fine. But what I need is to connect to them while I'm away, not when I'm in the same home LAN. That's supposed to be the beauty of RFA
    Double check the Blackberry link settings on the phone to make sure the option (Use Mobile Network) is on, I've checked before and found it off. After putting on .1925 I patiently went in and out of file manager ( watching the squircle to no avail) more times than i can count until it connected to my PC. Try this hopefully this will help.
    12-27-13 08:45 PM
    Thanks Junnstaboogie but it doesn't make any difference. And of course, I would turn always this option when I'm on the road. What seems odd is that when I'm home and use Wi-Fi it connects to my office pc but not to my home laptop
    12-27-13 09:06 PM
    This is interesting. I'm still on 10.2.1.1055 and my RFA stopped working about the same time that .1925 was leaked. Is anyone else having issues that is not on .1925?
    Keep in mind, this also started around the time that the sensor issue resurfaced for the second time. Hmmm...
    12-27-13 09:15 PM
    I'm starting to think this was a problem in the NOC and BlackBerry has fixed it. Those folks still having problems may just have stuff messed up from trying things when it was down. I've stayed on 1055 while watching this issue because RFA is important to me. I'm strongly considering going ahead with the 1925 upgrade.
    12-27-13 11:15 PM
    This is interesting. I'm still on 10.2.1.1055 and my RFA stopped working about the same time that .1925 was leaked. Is anyone else having issues that is not on .1925?
    Keep in mind, this also started around the time that the sensor issue resurfaced for the second time. Hmmm...
    Don't think they are related. I am hving zero issues at the moment on 1925 on my AT&T Z10. In fact it hasn't failed yet which is a first.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:57 PM
    Sorry to hijack the thread, just providing Sdgandhi (Sanjiv) with some info. You don't need to backup with link to retain your WhatsApp data. If you go into WhatsApp settings and look under Media Settings and chose Backup conversations. When you reinstall WhatsApp it will ask you if you want to restore.
    WhatsApp conversation data is stored on device memory only, so after OS update that conversation data is restored only if it's on device memory.... so we need to restore from backup on PC...

Thx

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925.
    12-28-13 12:33 AM
    I'm quite sure it has something to do with dns setting.
    After rearrange the dns setting on my laptop to prioritize Internet dns server, kill all the blackberry process on my laptop, and rerun the blackberry link. My RFA run superbly fast in this os (1925)

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 07:52 AM
    I installed 10.2.1.1925 on my Z30 last night. RFA is working fine. I didn't do anything special.

• Removed password and check for encryption
    • Uninstalled Mireo Don't Panic, Whatsapp, Audible (Android), Eye-Fi (Android), NETFLIX (Android)
    • Removed all folders for the uninstalled apps from device and media card
    • Backed up with Fire Chest and Link
    • Installed 10.2.1.1925
    • Tested RFA
    • Full restore from Link
    • Put account passwords in
    • Installed Mireo and Audible (will install others as needed)
    • Tested everything including RFA
    12-28-13 08:44 AM
    Bblink should see the phone connected to USB. It's what I always do first. Let it sync. If all else fails then I would try deleting the device from Bblink and trying over again. Now I don't know if deleting/ forgetting device actually deletes the restore files. Though I don't believe restore files are associated to any one device but can be restored to any other device so I don't think it would delete them.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 08:50 AM
    Bblink should see the phone connected to USB. It's what I always do first. Let it sync. If all else fails then I would try deleting the device from Bblink and trying over again. Now I don't know if deleting/ forgetting device actually deletes the restore files. Though I don't believe restore files are associated to any one device but can be restored to any other device so I don't think it would delete them.

Posted via CB10
    Link does see the device connected to USB. It doesn't see any BB10 devices on RFA.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 09:02 AM
    I'm quite sure it has something to do with dns setting.
    After rearrange the dns setting on my laptop to prioritize Internet dns server, kill all the blackberry process on my laptop, and rerun the blackberry link. My RFA run superbly fast in this os (1925)

Posted via CB10
    How do you do that? Can you explain please? Thanks
    12-28-13 09:59 AM
    Could any1 tell me how I cud blackberry destop manager kinda learning as I go along
    12-28-13 10:27 AM
    Progress (maybe)
    Because I am a glutton for punishment, I backed up everything (in case I could use it, but may not), and re-installed 1925.
    Before I did anything else, I logged in to my BB ID on the handset, and looked for it on Link. BAM - phone showed as a BB10 device on RFA.
    Continuing with some testing, and possibly some restore or other acts, and will see what happens. However, this shows that it is definitely a handset/OS issue.
    Will report back...

EDIT: Okay, while the PC now sees the Z10, and the Z10 sees the PC, I have yet to see the PC files on the handset - continuously shows as "offline". Further testing....
    Last edited by jhimmel; 12-28-13 at 11:00 AM.
    SirJes, hamsterwheel and pvphooman like this.
    12-28-13 10:41 AM
    I'm just wondering why do you guys wipe before or after installing a leak from an Auto Loader? I've never found it necessary or beneficial in the least bit.
    12-28-13 10:59 AM
    Progress (maybe)
    Because I am a glutton for punishment, I backed up everything (in case I could use it, but may not), and re-installed 1925.
    Before I did anything else, I logged in to my BB ID on the handset, and looked for it on Link. BAM - phone showed as a BB10 device on RFA.
    Continuing with some testing, and possibly some restore or other acts, and will see what happens. However, this shows that it is definitely a handset/OS issue.
    Will report back...
    Yeah let me know....may just reload as well. And not wipe after. Did you wipe before you reloaded?
    12-28-13 10:59 AM
    Yeah let me know....may just reload as well. And not wipe after. Did you wipe before you reloaded?
    No wipe before or after. Please see my edited post. Not 100% successful yet.
    12-28-13 11:01 AM
    No wipe before or after. Please see my edited post. Not 100% successful yet.
    Ok, keep us posted. FWIW, when my RFA was working, and this happened...pc showing as offline, I connected via USB and it magically woke it up somehow. LOL
    It's just frustrating that this just doesn't work like its supposed to and we have to go through all these things.....sigh. Welcome to the world of BlackBerry.
    12-28-13 11:08 AM
    I'm just wondering why do you guys wipe before or after installing a leak from an Auto Loader? I've never found it necessary or beneficial in the least bit.
    Explained in earlier post. Normally I do not.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 01:41 PM
    Ever since updating to 1925, my RFA does not work. Link does not see my Z10, however, my Z10 does see my PC.
    I tried refreshing devices on Link, but it never shows up. It was working before.
    I don't use Windows Firewall (off)
    I have rebooted both handset and PC.
    I have removed and reinstalled Link - removing all settings in the process.
    I have removed and installed a PREVIOUS version of Link.
    I have signed out and in again to BB ID from Link.
    I have checked that both are exact same BB ID credentials.
    I have toggled BB Link settings on handset, and tried changing device name, in an attempt to trigger something.

Link continues to report "BlackBerry ID isn't associated with a device running BB OS 10"
    I had similar problems until I realized two things: One, you have to tell Link's remote file access which files it can access on your computer, and Two, I had to turn off my anti-virus protection to allow the phone to connect to the computer. I need to work on how to tell my computer to recognize my phone without doing that in case I am away from the computer. Once the phone sees the files that it has access to on the computer you can turn the anti-virus software back on and the access stays until Link is closed. I need to contact Norton, the maker of my anti-virus software, to find out how to allow communication without turning the anti-virus software off. I can report, now, however that you can make it work with .1925.
    12-28-13 02:27 PM

EDIT: Okay, while the PC now sees the Z10, and the Z10 sees the PC, I have yet to see the PC files on the handset - continuously shows as "offline". Further testing....

Good luck with that, as it's exactly where i am
    12-28-13 02:27 PM
    I loaded .1925 without wipe and that seems to have fixed the problem. If people are seeing their computer on the phone, but not getting access the problem could be not giving the file manager enough time for the data(files) to reach their phone. Many times I've hit my PC on the phone, watched the circle and nothing, but i didn't just try 2 or 3 times I did it until i saw my files. Hope this could help someone out.

From your second Z, can you do a 1925 load and don't wipe? before neither after

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:37 PM
    I had similar problems until I realized two things: One, you have to tell Link's remote file access which files it can access on your computer, and Two, I had to turn off my anti-virus protection to allow the phone to connect to the computer. I need to work on how to tell my computer to recognize my phone without doing that in case I am away from the computer. Once the phone sees the files that it has access to on the computer you can turn the anti-virus software back on and the access stays until Link is closed. I need to contact Norton, the maker of my anti-virus software, to find out how to allow communication without turning the anti-virus software off. I can report, now, however that you can make it work with .1925.
    Further update: Norton says to turn on " Automatic Printer/File Sharing" in the Manage the Firewall submenu. Tried that and now can get into the files allowed by Link without turning firewall off and without turning on Link! The only thing that needs to be happening is the computer needs to be on and you are good to go.
    12-28-13 02:44 PM
    Further update: Norton says to turn on " Automatic Printer/File Sharing" in the Manage the Firewall submenu. Tried that and now can get into the files allowed by Link without turning firewall off and without turning on Link! The only thing that needs to be happening is the computer needs to be on and you are good to go.
    You shouldn't need to have Link running in the foreground on the computer to make RFA work. There is a service running on the Windows box that makes it work, and Link is just the GUI to the RFA functionality.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-13 02:47 PM
    What menu are you referring to "Manage the Firewall submenu" ? Are you on PC or Mac?
    Is this a Norton submenu or a OS menu?
    Last edited by palosanto; 12-28-13 at 03:24 PM.
    12-28-13 03:02 PM
282 ... 56789 ...