09-13-14 03:48 PM
282 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Try accessing your computers files from your blackberry using file manager. Your computer "should" be listed with file manager. Try it first with USB connected then without. Link running. I think mine started working just after I did that.
    anon3969612 likes this.
    12-27-13 11:46 AM
    I don't know if this will bring us any closer to a solution but here's what i am experiencing.

I have 2 different versions of Link installed on 2 Windows 7 machines; my phone is able to connect without any issues to the machine running the version of Link immediately before the latest.

The machine with the latest Link version always shows as Online even when turned off and i cannot connect via RFA
    12-27-13 01:31 PM
    Let's remember that we're using a leaked OS, and this kind of issue is the risk you run when you install leaks.

It's possible that for Remote File Access to work with this newer OS version, Link itself may require an update.
    12-27-13 01:54 PM
    For a quick fix, you can always use ES File Explorer to access your PC's files if need be.. I believe Ghost Commander (in BB World) can be used as well.

or there's an Android app named 'Software Data Cable' here, that's good in a pinch. It is very easy to use (and has Sync options, but I haven't tried those).
    12-27-13 01:57 PM
    Let's remember that we're using a leaked OS, and this kind of issue is the risk you run when you install leaks.

It's possible that for Remote File Access to work with this newer OS version, Link itself may require an update.
    Understood, by why does it work for some people with the same leak, and same Link version?
    I know every system, every OS, update etc is different for everyone. But it's still not right, LOL
    12-27-13 01:59 PM
    Seems like they took the bb10 marketing team and put them on to Link. This such a brilliant feature when it works. The problem is that one can not count on it working consistently.

Working inconsistently is worse than not working at all. If bbry could get this right it's a dropbox killer, this alone would make a billion or two of valuation... get this right and it is a key differentiating feature, it would certainly play well in the security sale for those who are not on BES10.

Any BES10 users habing similar issues with Network drives?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:03 PM
    Mine actually worked for a day or 2. Very odd. Wish BlackBerry could wipe just settings and leave apps in place.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:05 PM
    FWIW,
    My PC (BB LINK) did not recognise that my BBID was associated with any BB10 device on leaks prior to 1925

After loading 1925 everything seems to be working normally. I can access remotely with wifi/cellular, with or without link running(previously my PC had to be on and Link had to be running)

The only thing I did different was rename my device through link. I normally name my device from within the device setting, this time however, I changed the standard "BlackBerry - XXX" default device name from within Link while I was connected with a USB cable. I did this after I restored from 1055 to 1295.

In fact, this is actually working pretty well.

Weird
    12-27-13 02:34 PM
    Guys install fresh and don't wipe after, I may do it, but I'm waiting a bit before I decide if to or not lol

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:43 PM
    Guys install fresh and don't wipe after, I may do it, but I'm waiting a bit before I decide if to or not lol

Posted via CB10
    Tried all that and still does't work, the Z can see the computers but no file access.............I've just went back to 1259 with my second Z and the link works flawlessly.......
    12-27-13 02:50 PM
    Tried all that and still does't work, the Z can see the computers but no file access.............I've just went back to 1259 with my second Z and the link works flawlessly.......
    From your second Z, can you do a 1925 load and don't wipe? before neither after

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:53 PM
    I did but still won't work, actually I usually never backup, nor wipe or restore......
    12-27-13 02:55 PM
    Yeah I have to chime in and say I too, can never get RFA to work consistaintly ever. Whenever I demo it, out of 8 or so times its worked once. Anytime I try to access it (especially on my Z30 now running official 10.2), I can never access it. PC has no issues getting into the Z30 over WiFi.

I know there are bugs here and there. But some of these bugs should be corrected completely by now.
    12-27-13 03:10 PM
    Close Blackberry Link,then TURN OFF the phone and connect it to PC with USB cable,should Turn On automatically and reinstall the drivers.
    Worked for me,True Story!
    12-27-13 03:29 PM
    I had this when I first loaded 1055. I solved it by cycling the storage access setting that controls how my Z10 connects to the PC. Disconnect your phone from the PC. Go to SYSTEM SETTINGS /STORAGE AND ACCESS. Scroll down to ACCESS TO STORAGE. Open USB CONNECTION. It defaults to AUTODETECT. Change it to CONNECT TO WINDOWS (or MAC). Now reconnect to your PC.
    I just now tried this & now BB Link shows RFA near my BB name & I can access files on my mobile wirelessly but not vice versa. On my mobile in File Manager my PC Name shows offline even when connected thru USB.

I use DataVault App on my PC & Mobile which sync thru WiFi on my mobile. I wasn't able to sync till now, but after doing the above setting I am able to sync.

Also earlier when I tried to back up I got BBID error:

Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-bb-id-error.jpg

but now I am able to back up using USB thru BB Link.

But only thing is I cannot access my PC on my Q10 thru WiFi or thru USB.

Still something better than nothing. Hope we find a solution.
    12-27-13 03:38 PM
    I've found that I haven't had any problems whatsoever with Link working since I upgraded to the new version of Link. That said, I'm only on .1055 OS and not the latest and greatest leak...
    12-27-13 03:42 PM
    Just off topic but wanted to know.....

If I restore App Data & Media what all is restored. My App Data shows 2.07 GB & Media shows 998.3 MB.

What if I restored only App Data? Basically I want only WhatsApp conversation data & SMS Text mssg data to be restored.

Last back up shows only 553MB on 10.2.1.1925, while earlier back up shows 3.06GB backed up while I was on 1055. please guide & help.

Sent by Sanjiv from my BlackBerry Q10 using Vodafone, Gujarat, India. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925.
    Last edited by sdgandhi; 12-27-13 at 06:25 PM.
    12-27-13 03:50 PM
    Im on 1925 and its working great. In fact its faster loading than all other os's. I did have the same issue when I first loaded 1055, but I reinstalled Link and all has been great since.
    12-27-13 04:05 PM
    Obviously, but there is no reason we shouldn't look here for solutions. Its part of what we do here.
    12-27-13 04:32 PM
    Try accessing your computers files from your blackberry using file manager. Your computer "should" be listed with file manager. Try it first with USB connected then without. Link running. I think mine started working just after I did that.
    I just did this with my work computer running Link and it fixed my Remote File access error. Plugged the Z10 to the PC with the USB cable, went to File Manager on the Z10 and opened the device tab. Chose the computer I was plugged into and my shared folders appeared. I closed out of File Manager, disconnected the USB cable and I can now access the computer wirelessly as before. I still can't access the shared folders on my home PC, I'll try this when I get home and see if works. Running 10.2.1.1925 and Link 1.2.2.13
    12-27-13 04:32 PM
    Tried that and my PC doesn't show.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 04:43 PM
    In settings=> storage and access=>USB connection... this was set to auto detect and I cycled through to connect to windows, then windows started installing drivers.
    It said driver not found for RIM network device.

Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-img_20131227_171449.jpg

I think this driver error may be the culprit.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-27-13 05:40 PM
    I was on .1055 and was going to upgrade, so after reading this issue I figured I would do it soon to find out. Last night I knocked it out and have no issues with RFA. Matter of fact it is quick to respond. Even over Mobile Network, it responds faster than before. I did my usual procedure (Windows 7/Link 1.2.2.13): phone off, open autoloader, connect device, afterwards follow set up steps, let it settle for few minutes, restart, then security wipe. Again set up steps, let settle, restart, then restore. 1925 is working very good overall. I never really had many issues with Link, except once, which I then deleted restarted Windows and re-installed. I see some have already attempted this, but it still failed. I will report back if anything changes.
    12-27-13 06:13 PM
    Tried installing link on a windows XP machine and still the same issue. It says my BlackBerry ID isn't associated with any devices. My Z shows up though under devices and I can sync and even rename the device..
    Hmm.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    12-27-13 06:38 PM
    Well, I have my home and work pc listed. I have never been able to connect to my home PC but never had trouble connecting from anywhere to my work pc which is 30 km away .... go figure.
    Both run win 7 and a basic home wi-fi network. I cannot figure out what is preventing my z10 to connect to my home PC.
    I've tried ES File explorer and I'm able to connect to my files fine. But what I need is to connect to them while I'm away, not when I'm in the same home LAN. That's supposed to be the beauty of RFA
    12-27-13 07:59 PM
282 ... 45678 ...