09-13-14 04:48 PM
282 ... 34567 ...
tools
    turning off USB mass storage device fixed this for me.
    12-27-13 08:40 AM
    Remote File Access works through Windows Media Player for me but not through BB Link. Also from my Z30 if I tap on my computer Name I can access the files on my computer from my Z30. Who to blame? Microsoft and Blackberry are probably fighting about that as we speak.
    But we should also realize this is a leak...it may miss a few things because of the way it is installed.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-27-13 08:48 AM
    Ack...too funny...Link just connected via wifi....out of the blue. Maybe just let it sit over night and it will sort itself out.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-27-13 08:50 AM
    I don't have that option
    Do you mean USB Mass storage should be off
    12-27-13 09:24 AM
    Do you mean USB Mass storage should be off
    USB mass storage is off by default.
    That doesn't help anything as far as I am concerned. Have tried.
    12-27-13 09:26 AM
    I wanted to test the issue that it could be windows and my laptop, so I installed LINK on my hubby's laptop. Link has never been installed there.
    Well, guess what? It also did not detect my BBID. The laptop was listed on my phone, but again not able to view it.
    And link again said that my bbid is not associated with any bb10 device.
    So.......
    12-27-13 09:40 AM
    After looking at the different solutions offered my lots of folks, Hamster just illustrated that it likely isn't an issue with installing Link. I have to wonder if the issue isn't with us. I'm speculating here, but doesn't Link have to communicate with a NOC to verify the BBID? Perhaps its a server issue and those of us who have been successful have just been lucky.
    12-27-13 09:49 AM
    After looking at the different solutions offered my lots of folks, Hamster just illustrated that it likely isn't an issue with installing Link. I have to wonder if the issue isn't with us. I'm speculating here, but doesn't Link have to communicate with a NOC to verify the BBID? Perhaps its a server issue and those of us who have been successful have just been lucky.
    The BlackBerry Beta Zone app has a discussion feature now, and under discussions --> BlackBerry Link 1.2 --> Link on Windows - Bug Reports --> Remote File access on lates version 1.2.28

There appears to be an issue with the users account which BlackBerry support foxed behind the scenes. So it is quite plausible that BlackBerry needs to fix something on their end if ripping out and resetting Link doesn't fix things.

Posted via CB10
    underway99 and pvphooman like this.
    12-27-13 09:56 AM
    I wanted to test the issue that it could be windows and my laptop, so I installed LINK on my hubby's laptop. Link has never been installed there.
    Well, guess what? It also did not detect my BBID. The laptop was listed on my phone, but again not able to view it.
    And link again said that my bbid is not associated with any bb10 device.
    So.......
    Good test, and also proves that what I did this morning was a waste of time. I uninstalled Link - including settings, ended all BB processes, removed all RIM and Research in Motion directories, removed all rim drivers and sys files, cleaned the registry of all RIM and Research in Motion entries, cleaned up with CCleaner , rebooted, and reinstalled Link. Of course it still says no BB 10 device associated with my BB ID. Your way was better. Lol

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:22 AM
    This is how I fix the RFA problem(only for PC).

1. Delete all the folders/drivers, add the folders again, and then refresh devices.
    I didn't really need to restart BlackBerry Link or the PC after installing the 1925 and previous leaks by doing this.

2. Restart the router if the above doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:25 AM
    Good test, and also proves that what I did this morning was a waste of time. I uninstalled Link - including settings, ended all BB processes, removed all RIM and Research in Motion directories, removed all rim drivers and sys files, cleaned the registry of all RIM and Research in Motion entries, cleaned up with CCleaner , rebooted, and reinstalled Link. Of course it still says no BB 10 device associated with my BB ID. Your way was better. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I was afraid of that. Almost went through all that then thought well let me try his laptop and see. The test will be when I connect his new Q10 I got for him ans see if it recognizes it. I loaded the latest leak on it but no wipe so will see.

I also started a topic in beta zone under link-bugs for windows.....would help if others posted there as well. User name Hamster.....of course, LOL

https://beta.webapps.blackberry.com/threads/view/19301
    12-27-13 10:29 AM
    I am convinced now that the issue is not Link, but rather a problem with the way our handset is identifying itself (or not identifying itself) on BB ID.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:30 AM
    Hi,
    Is the BT radio in the "radio.bar" file? My BT audio streaming from my Z10 to my Pioneer car stereo worked with the leaked 10.2.1.1260 OS but now with the 10.2.1.1925 it will not connect.
    12-27-13 10:39 AM
    Ever since updating to 1925, my RFA does not work. Link does not see my Z10, however, my Z10 does see my PC.
    I tried refreshing devices on Link, but it never shows up. It was working before.
    I don't use Windows Firewall (off)
    I have rebooted both handset and PC.
    I have removed and reinstalled Link - removing all settings in the process.
    I have removed and installed a PREVIOUS version of Link.
    I have signed out and in again to BB ID from Link.
    I have checked that both are exact same BB ID credentials.
    I have toggled BB Link settings on handset, and tried changing device name, in an attempt to trigger something.

Link continues to report "BlackBerry ID isn't associated with a device running BB OS 10"
    Note to self, remember when installing dev leaks you take your life into your own hands!
    12-27-13 10:39 AM
    Hi,
    Is the BT radio in the "radio.bar" file? My BT audio streaming from my Z10 to my Pioneer car stereo worked with the leaked 10.2.1.1260 OS but now with the 10.2.1.1925 it will not connect.
    You took a wrong turn somewhere...lol
    This thread is about Remote File Access.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 10:44 AM
    You took a wrong turn somewhere...lol
    This thread is about Remote File Access.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did.
    Thanks.
    12-27-13 10:48 AM
    I am convinced now that the issue is not Link, but rather a problem with the way our handset is identifying itself (or not identifying itself) on BB ID.

Posted via CB10
    I think Link needs to come out with an update or else 1925 has a bug.
    Has anyone with a second bb10 running OS <1925 been able to connect RFA on the same installation of Link?

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    12-27-13 10:52 AM
    1 I have reinstalled the OS in 1925 (I did not wipe)
    2 I have reinstalled the BB link and everything is back to normal.
    On my first install I used wipe and I could not use RFA
    12-27-13 11:13 AM
    1 I have reinstalled the OS in 1925 (I did not wipe)
    2 I have reinstalled the BB link and everything is back to normal.
    On my first install I used wipe and I could not use RFA
    Well this is a step forward lol, and did u restore?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:18 AM
    Ever since updating to 1925, my RFA does not work. Link does not see my Z10, however, my Z10 does see my PC.
    I tried refreshing devices on Link, but it never shows up. It was working before.
    I don't use Windows Firewall (off)
    I have rebooted both handset and PC.
    I have removed and reinstalled Link - removing all settings in the process.
    I have removed and installed a PREVIOUS version of Link.
    I have signed out and in again to BB ID from Link.
    I have checked that both are exact same BB ID credentials.
    I have toggled BB Link settings on handset, and tried changing device name, in an attempt to trigger something.

Link continues to report "BlackBerry ID isn't associated with a device running BB OS 10"
    I think you may need a newer version of link than is currently released.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 11:20 AM
    No restore.
    12-27-13 11:23 AM
    Did you folks do a partial or full restore after installing?

I had the same problem because I did a partial restore of settings. I factory reset and reinstalled 1925, smooth as butter with a clean install of all apps and settings.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 12:00 PM
    Well seems the fix is a clean install with no wipe after or restore

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    12-27-13 12:14 PM
    Well seems the fix is a clean install with no wipe after or restore

Posted via CB10
    I'm willing to try this. So all I'd have to do is wipe, run 1925 autoloader and no restore/second wipe? Or do I need to load1259 first and then load 1925 with no restore/wipe?
    Also should I uninstall Link, CCleaner, etc and re-install after phone is done?
    12-27-13 12:32 PM
    I'm willing to try this. So all I'd have to do is wipe, run 1925 autoloader and no restore/second wipe? Or do I need to load1259 first and then load 1925 with no restore/wipe?
    Also should I uninstall Link, CCleaner, etc and re-install after phone is done?
    Wipe, and load 1925

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    12-27-13 12:44 PM
282 ... 34567 ...