09-13-14 03:48 PM
282 ... 23456 ...
tools
    For what it's worth I haven't wiped my device after upgrading to 1055 or 1925 because I got them OTA through the BES BETA program, and RFA hasn't worked for me on either version.

I am pretty sure my issues began after I upgraded Link on my Windows 7 64 bit computer to the latest version. I can see my computer in File Manager but when I click it the wheel spins and eventually stops but no files or folders show up like they used to. The only way I can get files to sync is with a USB connection.

I got it to work briefly by removing the sync relationship it my phone and re-establishing it, but it was a pain and didn't permanently resolve the issue.

I am getting ready to rip out Link, including cleaning it off of the file system and out if the registry, I have just been hesitant because I had setting up my various folder syncs.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 08:57 PM
    For what it's worth I haven't wiped my device after upgrading to 1055 or 1925 because I got them OTA through the BES BETA program, and RFA hasn't worked for me on either version.

I am pretty sure my issues began after I upgraded Link on my Windows 7 64 bit computer to the latest version. I can see my computer in File Manager but when I click it the wheel spins and eventually stops but no files or folders show up like they used to. The only way I can get files to sync is with a USB connection.

I got it to work briefly by removing the sync relationship it my phone and re-establishing it, but it was a pain and didn't permanently resolve the issue.

I am getting ready to rip out Link, including cleaning it off of the file system and out if the registry, I have just been hesitant because I had setting up my various folder syncs.

Posted via CB10
    This issue is different, the issue we're having is link not recognizing our phones linked to our bbid

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-26-13 08:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Well, I have uninstalled link, cleaned out registry, reinstalled...still no go. Even tried with a version of link prior to the latest update which used to work. Well now that doesn't either. My Z10 used to show my computer in file manager and now it doesn't show at all.
    In settings - BBLink, it's listed, but says can't view. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Link just keeps saying the BBID is not associated with any BB10 device where clearly it is.
    12-26-13 09:03 PM
    This issue is different, the issue we're having is link not recognizing our phones linked to our bbid

Posted via CB10
    My apologies.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:06 PM
    My apologies.

Posted via CB10
    No problem

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:12 PM
    Well, I have uninstalled link, cleaned out registry, reinstalled...still no go. Even tried with a version of link prior to the latest update which used to work. Well now that doesn't either. My Z10 used to show my computer in file manager and now it doesn't show at all.
    In settings - BBLink, it's listed, but says can't view. Nothing I've tried has worked.

Link just keeps saying the BBID is not associated with any BB10 device where clearly it is.
    My issue exactly. Well stated.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:14 PM

Sorry you are having problems - you may want to go to control panel (assuming you are on a pc) and disable all BlackBerry related drivers in device manager. Then reconnect your device to the computer so it will reinstall all drivers. I had to do this on 1055 after I updated to the latest version of link.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:15 PM
    I had the same problem so I went back to 10.2.1.1259.
    12-26-13 09:19 PM
    I had the same problem. Here is what fixed my Z10's rfa connection:
    1)Phone>Settings>BBLink>Delete "Paired Computers"
    2)Phone>Settings>BBLink>Toggled Link Off
    3)Connected phone to PC with usb
    4)Entered device password when prompted
    5)Phone>Settings>BBLink>Toggle Link On
    6)Computer Name reappeared
    7)Disconnected usb
    No problems since.
    Fort Neyland likes this.
    12-26-13 09:39 PM
    I had the same problem. Here is what fixed my Z10's rfa connection:
    1)Phone>Settings>BBLink>Delete "Paired Computers"
    2)Phone>Settings>BBLink>Toggled Link Off
    3)Connected phone to PC with usb
    4)Entered device password when prompted
    5)Phone>Settings>BBLink>Toggle Link On
    6)Computer Name reappeared
    7)Disconnected usb
    No problems since.
    I've tried that. Still doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:46 PM
    What about using Run on Windows. Get the ipv4 address of the device from settings, about, category - network and use the Wi-Fi ipv4 without the last 2 digits and insert it in Run like for example //123.123.123.123. A workgroup thing should pop up asking for username and passwords. U must first setup your device in settings, storage and access, setup the wi fi storage password, then go setup identification on network, that will be the username.
    12-26-13 10:04 PM
    I had this problem earlier so did some tricks:
    1) uninstalled Link completely
    2) deleted files and folders rim*.* (started with letter 'rim') from C:\Windows\System32\drivers and C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
    3) rebooted
    4) reinstall Link and done

troubleshoot: sometimes after install at the end it says some files are in use and rollback, that means some old files still exist. find and delete and it shd work
    12-26-13 11:23 PM
    As we know, mileage may vary, but this worked for me when I was on 10.55. I haven't had the problem since. I found that I could always connect the remote access when on the same WiFi network as my PC, but had spotty success when away from it. So, I uninstalled Link and killed all BB-related services. The, I did a DNS flush (command prompt > ipconfig /flushdns). Rebooted everything just in case, and tried again. As I said, I've been good ever since.

Can't hurt to try, if you're having problems. And it's a lost easier than trying some of the other alternatives. Good luck, all.
    12-26-13 11:32 PM
    My version of problem solving:
    - goto Windows Device manager
    - open Network Adapters branch
    - delete all "Blackberry..." networks
    - than just reinstall BB Link.
    12-26-13 11:39 PM
    You can set developer mode under Developer mode

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 11:45 PM
    Ive never done a wipe after a leak. lol that sounds so bad but its true and I never experience any of the problems everyone else does. I also gave up n doing any type of restore as I saved all my necessary contacts to my sim card. the rest is fb peeps and soon as you load that they populate in. Only thing wonky a lil for me is the browser sometimes hangs with random screen tearing. But for link and RFA, I bet its due to the wipe and restore. Oh and about "Debug Mode" that is only on the dev units and has never been on the consumer handsets. Never. I honestly dont know what that guy was telling you but he was putting you on a wild goose chase. I check My storage daily since Feb 5th. Never seen it never will cause it was never there and Ive installed every single leak to date. Also it's Development mode, not developer and that is in security settings at the bottom of the list. I had issues with my craptop not 'Showing' my z10 but Link would show it, the google .bar loader and auto loaders would work. I put development mode on, went into network settings and enabled the BB location in there and it worked. device shown in my computer and everything else including RFA worked. It was my pc that was causing the foul up not the os nor my z10.
    12-27-13 01:01 AM
    I too am having issues connecting now to a setup that worked with the previous leaks

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 01:25 AM
    Same problem...no RFA. the strange thing is that Link can sync my device and I can access my phone's drives through my PC. Remote File Access on link says it can't find a device associated with my BlackBerry ID. I've tried almost everything!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    12-27-13 01:34 AM
    I noticed my RFA was not working yesterday and couldn't figure it out either. Well...I just tried to follow the "debugging" steps that were mentioned just to find it and I can confirm that it is no longer there. HOWEVER...I did notice a switch to turn on access to transfer files via WiFi. Is it possible this problem is just a matter a new default setting to off that we are missing? I am out of town so I can't check it but wanted to mention it.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-13 02:52 AM
    Tried all the options suggested in this thread, Still could not get RFA. Some ghost connection showing in BB LinkRemote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-img_20131227_113203.png

BB Z30 10.2.1.1925
    12-27-13 03:15 AM
    edit:
    Maybe you guys should try this.

(lets just assume you have updated your Blackberry Link to the latest version)
    Close blackberry Link and Unplug phone

Go to:
    -- Control Panel
    -- View Network status & tasks (this is below Network and Internet)
    -- (Left upper corner) Change Adapter Settings

------Now look for these and do.
    Right click on adapters, click Properties and you should see these panes.
    Just follow the settings shown in the image
    Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-setting.jpg
    1st is your primary Network card
    2nd is the Blackberry Virtual Private Network

-- Then Click OK on both
    -- Restart PC and Router/Modem

Next-----

-- Rename Device(phone) name (skip this if you already did)
    (the previous name you used to have when you can still connect to bb link)
    -- DONT PLUG THE PHONE IN YET
    -- Open Blackberry Link
    -- Log Blackberry ID in {you should see a log in panel}
    if successful, then laugh
    -- Plug phone.

-----------last
    do your thing.
    Last edited by systemvolker; 12-27-13 at 05:36 AM. Reason: nothing
    12-27-13 04:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have the same issue on my Q10 running the latest leak, where I see the PC but when I click on it, I just get the spinning circle for a while and then a blank screen.
    12-27-13 05:26 AM
    I'm not 100% sure if its the BlackBerry link that is causing the issue.

I'm also thinking about the BlackBerry virtual network and its drivers gone buggy after the update.

Or could be the BlackBerry server... maybe its communicating in a new port.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-27-13 05:42 AM
    hmm...I had this problem on 1055.

What I did to fix it...

1. Open Link with Z10 connected, remove my Z10 from Link.
    2. Disconnect Z10
    3. Remove PC from list of BB Link computers on the Z10
    4. Uninstall Link and select remove user settings
    5. Open devmgmt.msc on PC and uninstall all BlackBerry devices/drivers
    6. Restarted my PC and Z10
    7. Reinstalled BB Link
    8. Connect Device and complete setup.

STL100-1, 10.2.1.1055 - Win 8.1 Pro x64.
    12-27-13 05:42 AM
    those who it's not working for, did u by chance, wipe after loading 1925??

Posted via CB10
    It's working perfectly for me on my Q10, better than any previous official OS. I neither restored nor wiped my phone after installing the leak.

Using Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.
    12-27-13 07:30 AM
282 ... 23456 ...