09-13-14 03:48 PM
282 ... 9101112
tools
    I've tested RFA several times at a number of places since I installed the .1926 radio. For me, RFA is much faster to display the shared folders. In fact, it has displayed them immediately every time I've tested it since the radio update. It normally did work everywhere for me anyway but, it would sometimes take 10 to 20 minutes before showing the folders. Now it is nearly instant. If it remains this reliable, I may remove DropBox from my Z30. I have access to DropBox (and Amazon Cloud Drive) through RFA anyway. However, because it was not always instantly available, I added DropBox to my phone.
    01-09-14 01:48 PM
    Since yesterday I have a second entry for my mac in file manager. Don't remember exactly how it happened but I think I changed the name for my mac in bblink and deactivated / activated link on my z10. Now I can't remove that ghost entry and every time i click on that entry i get an error telling me that i don't have the permission to access the folder'.

Removed the phone from bblink but with no luck. Is there a way to reset the settings without wiping the z10?

Anyone got the same with 1925?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 12:50 AM
    I thought my RFA now works again but it's showing offline even though my laptop is connected to the same wifi, and all setting that needs to be on are checked.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1925)
    01-15-14 08:49 AM
    Thank you omwok. Just shortly before I read your post, I found the solution FINALLY and in a way is similar to what you did ...
    I think that this may solve the connection problems of many users in this thread.
    I have (as many of us do) two network cards: one for wi-fi and the other for LAN wired connection.
    If you use wi-fi chances are that you don't use the wired connection. I think (and almost certain) that the problem is that Link recognizes only the first network connection that it finds and if it's not the one where you are connected, RFA fails.
    Attachment 234193
    As you can see I have my wired connection unplugged and I use wi-fi.
    By default the order is set to auto and with that setting the wired connection will always win out so wi-fi fails.
    So if you go to advanced TCP/IP settings and change the Metric number to something like 2 for the wired connection and the wireless to 1 you will force Link to find the wi-fi first.
    Here is how you do it:
    Right click on Network, select properties. In that window that opens click Change Advanced Settings. In that windows that opens right click on your wired NIC and select properties. In that dialog box that opens select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then hit the Properties button.
    Attachment 234195
    Click the Advanced button and in that dialog box take the check mark out of Automatic metric and put a 2 in that box.
    Do the same for the wireless NIC but use a 1.
    Attachment 234196
    I did this and reboot my phone and I was connected immediately via file manager..
    If you are connected with LAN wired connection you don't need to do anything and you probably never had a problem, so chances are that you are not even following this thread to begin with ....
    I hope that this helps someone
    Awesome.... Thanks for the write-up... It worked for me!
    01-15-14 01:21 PM
    Well I did nothing but flash 1926 radio and it started working, I only realized today

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-18-14 07:49 PM
    Still can't access from file manager, it says offline.
    But in my laptop I can access the files on my Z.

01-19-14 01:36 PM

1926 radio?

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-19-14 01:48 PM

This happens to me now and then. For me, I just toggle off BB Link, on device, then out it in airplane mode, and reverse the process to reset. Works for me about 99% of the time. If not, I connect the phone via USB and refresh.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:04 PM
    I have the same issue on my Q10 running the latest leak, where I see the PC but when I click on it, I just get the spinning circle for a while and then a blank screen.
    I cannot seem to resolve this issue. First my PC was showing as offline but I fixed that by rebooting my PC. Now, I can click on my PC in file manager but I just get the circle and then blank screen. I've read this entire thread and tried pretty much everything but cannot figure this out. I really don't want to reload this OS, lol.

I did find that my dns can't seem to resolve blackberry.com but I'm not sure what that means or how to fix it (it says "can't find blackberry.com: No response from server) - any help? :-/

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 11:32 PM
    I cannot seem to resolve this issue. First my PC was showing as offline but I fixed that by rebooting my PC. Now, I can click on my PC in file manager but I just get the circle and then blank screen. I've read this entire thread and tried pretty much everything but cannot figure this out. I really don't want to reload this OS, lol.

I did find that my dns can't seem to resolve blackberry.com but I'm not sure what that means or how to fix it (it says "can't find blackberry.com: No response from server) - any help? :-/

Posted via CB10
    Try this.

Log out from BBID from your BlackBerry Link then sign in back.

If you already tried this then please ignore it.

Posted via CB10
    01-31-14 11:42 PM
    Try this.

Log out from BBID from your BlackBerry Link then sign in back.

If you already tried this then please ignore it.

Posted via CB10
    Already tried that but thank you.

Forgot to mention this but whenever I try to access the files, Link shows an Wireless Connectivity error saying that there's a problem establishing a wireless connection with my device (or something like that - I'm not by my PC right now to check the exact wording).

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 12:26 AM
    I'm having trouble as well. I can remote access into my windows 7 laptop and see all the files, but with my Surface 2 Pro running Windows 8.1, I get a blank screen. I have not spent any time trouble shooting yet, however.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-14 10:42 AM
    I flashed the leaked 1926 radio and it solved this issue for me.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    02-01-14 04:54 PM
    I flashed the leaked 1926 radio and it solved this issue for me.

This solution may be the best bet. As for me a reinstall without wiping afterwards solved my issue with RFA.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    02-01-14 06:08 PM
    Will flashing the 1926 radio on an OFFICIAL 10.2.1.1925 update work in fixing the RFA issue??

Here's what I've been through so far (sorry for the long post):
    - I did the official 10.2.1.1925 update from Rogers (have never run a leaked OS on my Z10 STL-3)
    - Everything EXCEPT Picture Password worked (a known Active-Sync email issue & deleting my active sync account did not fix it)
    - SO I security wiped my phone. (and re-installed ALL my apps, and accounts again)
    - NOW everything works - Except I lost all my meticulously maintained contacts (yes i forgot to export them prior to wipe)
    - So I RESTORE my SETTINGS only. contacts are back. picture password works - BUT RFA NO LONGER WORKS.
    - This is where I stand now - after spending hours reading through all the forums (thank you SirJes and others on this thread)

I'm ready to pull the trigger on loading the .1926 radio - just unsure on a) how to do it and b) WILL it work to fix the RFA issue!?

Help and advice greatly appreciated! (and by the way - the wipe made my phone SO much faster and more stable with 10.2.1)
    02-02-14 02:59 PM
    My remote access has been in-and-out since update..
    02-02-14 03:02 PM
    Will flashing the 1926 radio on an OFFICIAL 10.2.1.1925 update work in fixing the RFA issue??

I'm ready to pull the trigger on loading the .1926 radio - just unsure on a) how to do it and b) WILL it work to fix the RFA issue!?

Help and advice greatly appreciated! (and by the way - the wipe made my phone SO much faster and more stable with 10.2.1)
    a) download the radio file and unzip to your desktop, connect your BlackBerry to the computer via USB, run the radio file.

It will restart your BlackBerry and you need to watch the computer for when it prompts you to input your device password.

b) all I can say is that it did work for me.

TheBBguru likes this.
    02-02-14 03:06 PM
    a) download the radio file and unzip to your desktop, connect your BlackBerry to the computer via USB, run the radio file.

It will restart your BlackBerry and you need to watch the computer for when it prompts you to input your device password.

Two Flashing Red Lights Bricked....
    Gonna try and reload everything....
    02-02-14 03:48 PM

For some reason, when I try to run the autoloader it just says "Connecting to Bootrom" and never does anything else. I've flashed radios before so I'm at a loss as to what I need to do differently. I've tried running the autoloader and then attaching my phone via USB; I've tried having my phone off when I attach it and then turning it on; and I've tried restarting the phone while attached and the autoloader is running. Nothing has made a difference...

Any ideas?

Never mind, got it! Didn't fix my RFA problem, though... :-/ The Link Wireless connection error says "Unable to set up a wireless connection between this device and Blackberry Link."
    Last edited by WWBlondieDo; 02-02-14 at 07:14 PM.
    02-02-14 07:01 PM
    Just signed into Link w/my BF's BBID and checked to see if his phone's RFA would work and he's having the same issue. This is weird.
    02-02-14 07:32 PM
    UPDATE - after soft bricking my Z10 (attempting to autoload radio .1926) - I full restored using a backup I had created just prior....
    and everything works now! RFA works. Picture Password works. MMS works.
    10.2.1.1925 with radio .1899 --> ALL WORKS FINE.
    Magical!
    Last edited by TheBBguru; 02-02-14 at 10:54 PM. Reason: typo
    dusdal and WWBlondieDo like this.
    02-02-14 10:52 PM
    Logging out of Link on both my laptop and Z10, then logging back in on both fixed my problem.

BTW, I was already on the VZW-specific 1926 radio
    02-03-14 08:46 AM
    Did anybody figured out what the heck are the phantom entries "Desktop-xxxx" that keep appearing in the paired computers list ?
    I have now 3 of those ...
    Everything else works fine even over the mobile network.
    02-19-14 11:50 AM
    Did anybody figured out what the heck are the phantom entries "Desktop-xxxx" that keep appearing in the paired computers list ?
    I have now 3 of those ...
    Everything else works fine even over the mobile network.
    Good question. Maybe start a new thread on that as it is not 1925 specific. I am on 2141 and have one of those - although my RFA seems to work fine. It only shows in the BB Link settings on my device - it doesn't show in the File Manager.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-14 12:06 PM
    Good question. Maybe start a new thread on that as it is not 1925 specific. I am on 2141 and have one of those - although my RFA seems to work fine. It only shows in the BB Link settings on my device - it doesn't show in the File Manager.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.
    02-19-14 12:27 PM
282 ... 9101112