09-13-14 03:48 PM
282 ... 89101112
tools
    What this person is trying to get you to do is open a command prompt and check that you can resolve the BlackBerry.com namespace via your local DNS server which appears to be 192.1681.1. (which is common for home router setups).

You have successfully proven that you can resolve the BlackBerry.com namespace, so that isn't the issue.

I would still be interested to see if your results changed by disabling IPv6 on your home computer.
    12-31-13 10:16 AM
    What this person is trying to get you to do is open a command prompt and check that you can resolve the BlackBerry.com namespace via your local DNS server which appears to be 192.1681.1. (which is common for home router setups).

You have successfully proven that you can resolve the BlackBerry.com namespace, so that isn't the issue.

I would still be interested to see if your results changed by disabling IPv6 on your home computer.
    Ahh ok thanks. Sorry for being a dunce, lol. I will try that and see if it makes a difference. What is the IPv6 for anyway?
    12-31-13 10:18 AM
    It seems that you only have wireless and only 1 dns server and dns server is capable of resolving blackberry.com.
    BlackBerry Link should have running well.

Can you look your task manager how much processes that has blackberry or rim name on it? (it should be 8 processes)

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:21 AM
    It seems that you only have wireless and only 1 dns server and dns server is capable of resolving blackberry.com.
    BlackBerry Link should have running well.

Can you look your task manager how much processes that has blackberry or rim name on it? (it should be 8 processes)

Posted via CB10
    I have 5
    12-31-13 10:27 AM
    I have 5
    What 5? It should be 8, the list are :
    1. Bbdevmgr.exe
    2. BlackBerryLink.exe
    3. Tunmgr.exe
    4. PeerManager.exe
    5. BlackBerryLink.AutoUpdate.exe
    6. BlackBerryLink.Helper.exe
    7. RIMDeviceManager.exe
    8. mDNSResponder.exe

If your blackberry link not running it should be 7

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 10:34 AM
    According to documentation on http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34794, BlackBerry Link requires IPV6.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:13 AM
    According to documentation on http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB34794, BlackBerry Link requires IPV6.

Posted via CB10
    It is unchecked on my Primary NIC, and Link works fine (after re-installing it twice to get RFA working).

I did notice IPv6 was checked on my "BlackBerry Virtual Private Network" NIC, so perhaps it is required for this virtual NIC, but it is not on the primary NIC.

I also don't think it is required on the primary NIC because that presumes IPv6 is set up and working correctly on everyone's home network all the way through to BlackBerry which isn't going to be the case all of the time.

I mentioned disabling IPv6 because I have seen in enterprises where IPv6 is partially implemented that once a desktop with it turned on sees a DNS name returned with an IPv6 address, it can fail reaching the host even if there is an IPv4 entry that is accessible. I.E. I was hoping to rule out the desktop seeing the IPv6 DNS entry, and locking on to it like a put bull and not trying the IPv4 entry.

Posted via CB10
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    12-31-13 11:59 AM
    What 5? It should be 8, the list are :
    1. Bbdevmgr.exe
    2. BlackBerryLink.exe
    3. Tunmgr.exe
    4. PeerManager.exe
    5. BlackBerryLink.AutoUpdate.exe
    6. BlackBerryLink.Helper.exe
    7. RIMDeviceManager.exe
    8. mDNSResponder.exe

If your blackberry link not running it should be 7

Posted via CB10
    Ok yes I have all these..Had to check show processes from all users.
    12-31-13 12:09 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have found the fix. As previously mentioned, not wiping after the autoloader will solve the issue.

Note: I ended up wiping first, the running the 1259, followed by 1925. I also reinstalled Link.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925 CB10
    12-31-13 01:37 PM
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have found the fix. As previously mentioned, not wiping after the autoloader will solve the issue.

Note: I ended up wiping first, the running the 1259, followed by 1925. I also reinstalled Link.

Yay! Glad you got it working. Seems like I will need to reload. Sigh.
    12-31-13 01:39 PM
    Yay! Glad you got it working. Seems like I will need to reload. Sigh.
    I feel your pain. Lol.

And for the record I've reloaded all my accounts, apps, etc, and now waiting for things to settle. I did not restore (but don't think it matters). RFA works! . Props to SirJes for the hint.
    Last edited by pvphooman; 12-31-13 at 07:18 PM.
    12-31-13 02:14 PM
    Well what do you know. I reinstalled. No wipe. Signed in on phone. Opened Link and Link immediately connected to my BBID. My laptop now shows in file manager and RFA works. First thing I tested, LOL.

Now I'm going to restore and see if that causes an issue. I hope not.
    Last edited by hamsterwheel; 01-03-14 at 04:31 PM.
    pvphooman and jrohland like this.
    01-03-14 01:14 PM
    Well what do you know. I reinstalled. Now wipe. Signed in on phone. Opened Link and Link immediately connected to my BBID. My laptop now shows in file manager and RFA works. First thing I tested, LOL.

Happy *clap clap, dancing* ugh I've followed this entire thing and I truly hope you are sorted now.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 04:15 PM
    Happy *clap clap, dancing* ugh I've followed this entire thing and I truly hope you are sorted now.

Posted via CB10
    Believe me I'm just as thrilled. UGH
    01-03-14 05:49 PM
    So, are you still up and running issue-free?
    01-03-14 07:22 PM
    Thank you omwok. Just shortly before I read your post, I found the solution FINALLY and in a way is similar to what you did ...
    I think that this may solve the connection problems of many users in this thread.
    I have (as many of us do) two network cards: one for wi-fi and the other for LAN wired connection.
    If you use wi-fi chances are that you don't use the wired connection. I think (and almost certain) that the problem is that Link recognizes only the first network connection that it finds and if it's not the one where you are connected, RFA fails.
    Attachment 234193
    As you can see I have my wired connection unplugged and I use wi-fi.
    By default the order is set to auto and with that setting the wired connection will always win out so wi-fi fails.
    So if you go to advanced TCP/IP settings and change the Metric number to something like 2 for the wired connection and the wireless to 1 you will force Link to find the wi-fi first.
    Here is how you do it:
    Right click on Network, select properties. In that window that opens click Change Advanced Settings. In that windows that opens right click on your wired NIC and select properties. In that dialog box that opens select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then hit the Properties button.
    Attachment 234195
    Click the Advanced button and in that dialog box take the check mark out of Automatic metric and put a 2 in that box.
    Do the same for the wireless NIC but use a 1.
    Attachment 234196
    I did this and reboot my phone and I was connected immediately via file manager..
    If you are connected with LAN wired connection you don't need to do anything and you probably never had a problem, so chances are that you are not even following this thread to begin with ....
    I hope that this helps someone
    This worked for me. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-14 08:58 PM
    So, are you still up and running issue-free?
    Yep no problems so far at all
    m1kr0 likes this.
    01-03-14 09:01 PM
    probably since you dont need an unlocked android runtime anymore, just sideload bars. No need for debug tokens, just a guess.
    Hmmm I wonder when they took that away, sorry.

Posted from my Z30
    01-03-14 11:46 PM
    ok i still cant get mine to work ....sigh. It worked great when i first got it, wtf did they do
    01-04-14 01:45 AM
    Well what do you know. I reinstalled. No wipe. Signed in on phone. Opened Link and Link immediately connected to my BBID. My laptop now shows in file manager and RFA works. First thing I tested, LOL.

I'm having the same problem with Link not detecting my device thus unable to share files with my device. Could you let me know how to reinstall? Do I simply just run the autoloader again? Will that erase all data/settings on device? Is that why you need to do a restore after?

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 01:59 AM
    I'm having the same problem with Link not detecting my device thus unable to share files with my device. Could you let me know how to reinstall? Do I simply just run the autoloader again? Will that erase all data/settings on device? Is that why you need to do a restore after?

Posted via CB10
    Ok I ran the autoloader again to reinstall and link finally detects my device and I can remotely access files again!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-14 05:37 AM
    The issue sure does seem to be the typical leak install procedure of running autoloader, then security wiping on a new leak install. That is what I always do and I'm getting the same error t hat Link doesn't recognize a phone running BB10 with my BBID. I tried all remedies in this thread and none seem to work.

I'm not really that concerned about it at this time to do a full wipe and autoloader install just for this feature. However, when a new leak does arrive, I won't try the security wipe and see what happens.
    01-06-14 09:11 AM
    I apologize if it's rude to ask a new question related to this topic, but it seemed better than a new, related post, so here goes. My Z-10 can only use remote file access when it's on my desktop's WiFi, or plugged into my desktop via USB. In any other situation, it says my desktop is offline, which it's not. Any ideas?
    01-08-14 03:46 PM
    I apologize if it's rude to ask a new question related to this topic, but it seemed better than a new, related post, so here goes. My Z-10 can only use remote file access when it's on my desktop's WiFi, or plugged into my desktop via USB. In any other situation, it says my desktop is offline, which it's not. Any ideas?
    Have you enabled the "Use Mobile Network" option in settings=>BlackBerry Link?

Remote File Access Issues (10.2.1.1925 & 2141)-img_20140108_175355.png

01-08-14 07:55 PM
    Yes, plus it shows underneath my office computer is being paired. However, when you go to access the computer via File Manager and the "Device" icon on the bottom left, it says my office computer is offline, when it hasn't been turned off in several years.
    01-09-14 07:37 AM
282 ... 89101112