I have precious stuff in my Remember App and Contacts.
    It has a feature to Delete existing contacts and restore from a backup.

This will basically get you up and running... I won't say quick.. but eventually once it restores you will be back in business!
    It can backup to Dropbox , with a free account you will be good to go homies!

Recommended App when running leaks to Backup and Restore:Backup Pro-262616d1397334048t-backup-pro-app-awesome-img_20140412_222026.png
    FireChestApps likes this.
    11-30-14 06:21 PM
    Sadly no back app can backup any BlackBerry settings for now.

Posted via CB10
    11-30-14 06:30 PM
    He paid you? There is one more at least, and cheaper...

Posted via CB10
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    11-30-14 06:31 PM
    Or BlackBerry Link? For free....

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-01-14 08:44 AM
    He paid you? There is one more at least, and cheaper...

Posted via CB10
    I personally use this for all of my leaks now and have for the last few months, this is a really high-quality alternative, especially with its support for backing up to SD Card, or to many cloud storage sites like Mega!

If he got paid, i didn't :/

Hey
    Or BlackBerry Link? For free....

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    Obviously you're not the brightest cookie on the block..

There are so many issues with restoring from Link to count, let alone doing it often onto leaked OS'.

A few prominent ones?
    Try awful battery life, android runtime issues, ghost computer accounts, the OS being more buggy because there's now code in there that's not supposed to be, you get the idea

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    12-01-14 09:32 AM
    backup pro is best app for backup in any leak. I tried on every leak I installed on my BlackBerry Z10 it work perfect

Posted via CB10
    TdotPickup and FireChestApps like this.
    12-01-14 09:44 AM
    Yes i would agree, I use Back up Pro every time and it works great, i back up to my sd card.
    TdotPickup and FireChestApps like this.
    12-01-14 10:09 AM
    Got to say, given the issues some people have experienced connecting to Link after installing a leaked OS having a 3rd party backup app makes good sense.

For the price of these apps the peace of mind factor they give is well worth the money.
    12-01-14 10:19 AM
    I personally use this for all of my leaks now and have for the last few months, this is a really high-quality alternative, especially with its support for backing up to SD Card, or to many cloud storage sites like Mega!

If he got paid, i didn't :/

Hey

There are so many issues with restoring from Link to count, let alone doing it often onto leaked OS'.

A few prominent ones?
    Try awful battery life, android runtime issues, ghost computer accounts, the OS being more buggy because there's now code in there that's not supposed to be, you get the idea

Obviously I'm not, but that's ok. All the stuff listed in the screenshot are things that I would never need an extra app to backup or restore, cloud services will handle all calendar, contact, and remember items. Link has no issues restoring app data and media, I don't think that point has ever been up for debate, the settings portion is the part that has always been up for debate. If sms can be backed up with this app then great, but it was not referenced in the screenshot, and there was no link to the store page.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    retomex likes this.
    12-01-14 11:08 AM
    Obviously I'm not, but that's ok. All the stuff listed in the screenshot are things that I would never need an extra app to backup or restore, cloud services will handle all calendar, contact, and remember items. Link has no issues restoring app data and media, I don't think that point has ever been up for debate, the settings portion is the part that has always been up for debate. If sms can be backed up with this app then great, but it was not referenced in the screenshot, and there was no link to the store page.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    Yes SMS can be restored.

I guess the real advantage of this app is that it is very easy to make backups any time without the need for a computer. I know Link can do it, but even those with the best intentions sometimes "just never get around to it".. and then it's too late.

No matter how good a backup utility is, it's only good if it is easy to use the exact moment the user decides they should make a backup. If you have to "remember to do it when I get home", then it likely will never happen.

Anyway,.. it's a nice app, but I wish it could backup things like bookmarks, custom word lists and bbm chats. I use it mainly for Remember, SMS backup, and on-device "documents".

I also wish it would make delta backups or "sync-type" backups (where it only updates changed/added files), rather than having to make entire new backups every time. This would make backing up media files feasible (because it would only take long the first backup). Right now the media backup is just not practical if you have lots of media.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 11:24 AM
    No they didn't pay me lol.. I am a huge fan of this app.. Blackberry link screwed me over and failed to backup the remember app... if you write CRUCIAL notes that can change the world in your remember app.. one mere what $3.99? app, is well worth it..
    12-01-14 11:45 AM

A few prominent ones?
    Written by someone who clearly doesn't have a clue and/or knows just enough to be dangerous with "advice".

You should always do a backup with Link, regardless of any other avenue you choose. 95 times out of 100, a full restore from Link will not create a problem and when it does, a restore of Apps and Media won't create a problem, though in those cases you won't get your call history or SMS./MMS history back, so something like SMS Bacckup is a good idea if that's important to you.

I always go non-destructive and only resort to an autoloader when the former creates a problem, which has happened exactly once and that was the "can't search apps on device" issue, but I've never had ANY other issues and I've loaded most leaks since 10.2.1.
    Last edited by Lapwolf; 12-01-14 at 12:44 PM.
    12-01-14 11:47 AM
    If sms can be backed up with this app then great, but it was not referenced in the screenshot, and there was no link to the store page.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    On their news when you open the app itself they comment on SMS
    "they said OS 10.3.1 no longer supports developer access to SMS, so backup up "messages" on 10.3.1 no longer works. "
    12-01-14 11:48 AM
    Lapwolf, "advise" should read "advice"...the first is a verb, the second is a noun...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon 10.3.1.1154
    12-01-14 11:57 AM
    ...Blackberry link screwed me over and failed to backup the remember app...
    Perhaps you incorrectly did a selective restore, and missed restoring them?

Blackberry Link restores Remember notes just fine.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 02:19 PM
    "they said OS 10.3.1 no longer supports developer access to SMS, so backup up "messages" on 10.3.1 no longer works. "
    Pretty sure they are wrong, I used sms backup on 10.3.1 with no issues.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/27686935

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-01-14 02:41 PM
    Best backup app to date.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-14 03:08 PM
    Could just be finicky and with early builds it was supported or the opposite, where early builds it worked but in the official dev build it didn't work?

Written by someone who clearly doesn't have a clue and/or knows just enough to be dangerous with "advice".

You should always do a backup with Link, regardless of any other avenue you choose. 95 times out of 100, a full restore from Link will not create a problem and when it does, a restore of Apps and Media won't create a problem, though in those cases you won't get your call history or SMS./MMS history back, so something like SMS Bacckup is a good idea if that's important to you.

I always go non-destructive and only resort to an autoloader when the former creates a problem, which has happened exactly once and that was the "can't search apps on device" issue, but I've never had ANY other issues and I've loaded most leaks since 10.2.1.
    By all means, I'm not saying don't back up with Link! I'm just saying, avoid restoring it whenever possible!

Coming from having issues when running 10.3 where after a month i randomly was stuck in the infamous 'setup mode' (even BlackBerry has commented that there's no way out without a firmware refresh), you want backups. But if you're not able to use Link or want Android apps to run well, definitely backup with both then just restore from Backup Pro or another app such as that.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    Sorry, i guess i phrased that aggressively, but Link is known to have issues in the way it backs stuff up.

Native BlackBerry apps may be fine, but if you backup/restore any of the Android runtime or apps, it seems to break a lot of the future ability of the runtime on the restored OS.

Again, not always, just often for a large number of people.

And yeah, sms can be backed up

12-01-14 03:53 PM
    Coming from having issues when running 10.3 where after a month i randomly was stuck in the infamous 'setup mode' (even BlackBerry has commented that there's no way out without a firmware refresh), you want backups. But if you're not able to use Link or want Android apps to run well, definitely backup with both then just restore from Backup Pro or another app such as that.

Native BlackBerry apps may be fine, but if you backup/restore any of the Android runtime or apps, it seems to break a lot of the future ability of the runtime on the restored OS.

Again, not always, just often for a large number of people.
    I ran into the setup issue after attempting oobe:// in the browser. I posted a fix that didn't require a reload (but did require more than 24 hours of patience).

I have 20+ Android apps that I restored without incident from Link. The only issues I had in restore was restoring Settings, which re-broke the app search. I also use SMS backup, but beware if you backup MMS with it. When restored, all those MMS photos end up visible to the Picture app...
    12-01-14 04:26 PM
    I ran into the setup issue after attempting oobe:// in the browser. I posted a fix that didn't require a reload (but did require more than 24 hours of patience).

I have 20+ Android apps that I restored without incident from Link. The only issues I had in restore was restoring Settings, which re-broke the app search. I also use SMS backup, but beware if you backup MMS with it. When restored, all those MMS photos end up visible to the Picture app...
    Okay just one question, what was your fix?

I tried about 20+ different 'fixes' that had worked for others but then just gave up after a week with BlackBerry saying finally to reinstall the OS

12-01-14 04:29 PM
    Okay just one question, what was your fix?

I tried about 20+ different 'fixes' that had worked for others but then just gave up after a week with BlackBerry saying finally to reinstall the OS

While I love my Z10, I found Blackberry support, at least their support via twitter, utterly useless. Having said that, here's the link to the setup fix I posted:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/os-10-3-1-1151-fixes-findings-976530/index42.html#post11096749
    12-01-14 05:40 PM