08-11-13 05:34 PM
32 12
tools
    Hey there, as the title says, Is it really that beneficial in upgrading my os from 10.1 to 10.2.0.1047?

And what are some of the major positives people are experiencing? thanks
    08-11-13 04:52 AM
    Don't do it. If you are to lazy to just look for other opinions you will be too lazy to try to fix any issue that may arise. Do your homework as everyone else does. If you are afraid that it won't work properly then... forget about leaks.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Pdinos3 and saxxman like this.
    08-11-13 05:03 AM
    LoL !

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:08 AM
    Don't do it. If you are to lazy to just look for other opinions you will be too lazy to try to fix any issue that may arise. Do your homework as everyone else does. If you are afraid that it won't work properly then... forget about leaks.

No, DO IT!!! It is an amazing OS that will give you an excellent experience, especially on how to read/search threads while trying to solve problems.

ok Adam let's see now who of the two affects people the most..
    08-11-13 05:24 AM
    The third option is do it (upgrade) then don't do it (downgrade). I am still on upgrade after 4 days. Very smooth, like ridiculous smooth, and the OS continues to be refined and improved. I could not go back at this point. Back up your phone and then decide for yourself.
    08-11-13 05:41 AM
    What are you using the phone for? Just do it.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 05:43 AM
    Anyone asking if or not the upgrade is worthy should leave it alone. The upgrade us excellent. The process is simple and smooth. For many of us a real wonder if BlackBerry is changing OS. Join or don't but if simple questions weigh on your mind staying put may be the best option.

Via CB10. Bits, C000C6078 for links to science and technology posts and world news.
    08-11-13 05:50 AM
    I think, now at this point you can wait for a newer leak!
    08-11-13 05:50 AM
    Haha well i did it and im loving it... the battery lasts a bit longer and its so smooth man
    08-11-13 06:10 AM
    08-11-13 06:45 AM
    If you're on the Q10 major disadvantages are:
    Skype doesn't work - if you sideload the Android version there's noway of putting your password so you can't sign in

Viber doesn't work, whenever you receive or dial a call it just shuts down

Whatsapp notification don't work, can't get it to vibrate or make a sound when you receive a message

Everytime you reboot your phone wifi is off and you have to turn it on again to get connected

All Android apps have the back bar always visible on the screen so you can imagine the screen size

When you connect to BlackBerry link it doesn't connect and says you need to be on the 10.1 release or higher and you're already on 10.2

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    08-11-13 07:23 AM
    Been running 10.2.0.1047 since it was leaked and really... I have no complaints. After the OS settles down, it's a smooth ride.

Unless you need to use Hotspot or edit carrier APNs that is...
    08-11-13 07:38 AM
    Don't do it. If you are to lazy to just look for other opinions you will be too lazy to try to fix any issue that may arise. Do your homework as everyone else does. If you are afraid that it won't work properly then... forget about leaks.Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    Ageed! Not for everyone. Just wait on the official release.
    08-11-13 07:50 AM
    Haha well i did it and im loving it... the battery lasts a bit longer and its so smooth man
    You've had it for two hours and your battery lasts longer. Longer than your usual 1 hour? Lol it actually does have better battery for me but I've had the OS installed for 9 days and can make the comparison. Enjoy

Posted via CB10 Rockin a Z10 on 10.2.0.1047 Leaked by the brilliant @berry_leaks Team!
    08-11-13 07:54 AM
    My problem is I can't put my phone down now that I'm on 1047 and my battery can't keep up with me! Lmao

It's like a whole new phone.

Edit: to be fair I did spend a lot of time reading the forums and learning how to find solutions to my very small number of issues I had after loading .1047 but I'm all good now!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 08:53 AM
    My problem is I can't put my phone down now that I'm on 1047 and my battery can't keep up with me! Lmao

It's like a whole new phone.

Edit: to be fair I did spend a lot of time reading the forums and learning how to find solutions to my very small number of issues I had after loading .1047 but I'm all good now!

Edit 2: I believe anyone thinking about loading a leak should be comfortable with messing with their PC, phone, and have some free time to experiment plus be willing to have some phone down time. Not that everyone has had bad luck but it is best to plan ahead.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:03 AM
    If you're on the Q10 major disadvantages are:
    Skype doesn't work - if you sideload the Android version there's noway of putting your password so you can't sign in

Viber doesn't work, whenever you receive or dial a call it just shuts down

Whatsapp notification don't work, can't get it to vibrate or make a sound when you receive a message

Everytime you reboot your phone wifi is off and you have to turn it on again to get connected

All Android apps have the back bar always visible on the screen so you can imagine the screen size

When you connect to BlackBerry link it doesn't connect and says you need to be on the 10.1 release or higher and you're already on 10.2

Posted via my Q10 from T- MobileBlackBerry Pin:2AF236F5 Twitter: BBRY_Addict83 Instagram: BBRY_Addict83
    Everytime you reboot your phone wifi is off and you have to turn it on again to get connected... I don't have this problem, except the first reboot.

When you connect to BlackBerry link it doesn't connect and says you need to be on the 10.1 release or higher and you're already on 10.2...I don't have this problem.
    08-11-13 09:04 AM
    My Link works fine, well as good as Link can work considering it is Link after all.

But seriously I used CCleaner to uninstall and remove the old BlackBerry Desktop Manager program and the 1st Link version I had then reboot the PC and install the latest Link version. After that my Link played nice for me with all my leaks.

Note: don't listen to me as I'm not really sure what I'm talking about. Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:14 AM
    Definitely, best OS so far..

Posted via Q10
    08-11-13 09:22 AM
    Definitely, best OS so far..

Posted via Q10
    ^^^This ^^^

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:37 AM
    Don't do it. If you are to lazy to just look for other opinions you will be too lazy to try to fix any issue that may arise.
    I think he is looking for opinions, part of his research. I waited for a bit to see what the others were saying about it. There enough positives that I tried it. No problems whatsoever. Everything works. I was mostly concered with the radio part since one of the leaks earlier had a terrible radio file. But this leak is as close to perfect as you could expect relative to the other leaks.
    08-11-13 09:44 AM
    I've been on it since it got leaked.

I think it is the best leak so far.

I'm loving the new Android 4.2.2. It makes Android apps run faster and smoothly.

I'm also finding that battery life is on par with the latest official release.

The toast notifications are great too. I don't need to leave what I'm doing to see what message or email has come in.

Get on this leak. It's well worth it!

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 09:57 AM
    i had huge battery leak problems and had to revert to mr1 10.1 and didnt have a single android app sideloaded
    08-11-13 10:27 AM
    I say, if you don't mind troubleshooting and have some patience, and you want to see the latest and greatest in action, go for it. However, you will have to work with it (ie. load 810 android runtime, changing passwords to no special characters). The 1 bug that I can't seem to get passed is the Bluetooth operation. It's terrible. I have upgraded to 1047 twice, and both times went back to 10.1.0.4633, which I think is the best OS to date for the phone. Just be sure to remember that everything you install that is not an official release will likely have issues (and even some that are official!). Good luck!

Btw, I have ADD as well. It's a pain in
    08-11-13 11:45 AM
    Go ahead. It's "The BlackBerrian Right of Passage". Everything you need, the whole procedure is laid out for you here in Crackberry, and you can always downgrade if something goes wrong. If you know someone else who's already upgraded, well there ya go...get them to coach you through it and you'll gain confidence as leaks come along.

For me .1047 is the best OS to date...
    08-11-13 12:04 PM
32 12