I miss the Blue.

There's no colour.

Less colour is probably better for battery life?
    Like the Dark theme?

I hope the final build has more colour...

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 07:29 PM
    Flat is the trend... lern to like it hehe.
    08-28-14 07:43 PM
    I miss the Blue.

There's no colour.

Less colour is probably better for battery life?
    Like the Dark theme?

I hope the final build has more colour...

Posted via CB10
    As I understand, black theme is good for devices that have the OLED screen like the Q10 and Z30. Black theme on an LCD device like a Z10 will actually use more battery as its harder for an LCD to make a black than it is to make brighter colours.

if i am wrong, please someone correct me.

Cheers
    Samuele1996 likes this.
    08-28-14 08:19 PM
    I miss the Blue.

There's no colour.
    Me too. We seem to be losing more and more of what made BB10 unique and interesting. I actually liked the "ugly" dark borders around the icons. They served a purpose and were distinctive. I liked the black action bars. I liked the blue titles in screens and dialogs.

Every time I get used to BlackBerry's direction, they pivot and go some other way.

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    08-28-14 09:00 PM
    As I understand, black theme is good for devices that have the OLED screen like the Q10 and Z30. Black theme on an LCD device like a Z10 will actually use more battery as its harder for an LCD to make a black than it is to make brighter colours.

if i am wrong, please someone correct me.

Cheers
    This caught my attention, I'd like to know more about this.

Back to topic, I like the old and the new. It is showing the progress of BB10. No matter if the flat is the new trend... I like it.

Sometimes change is good, just give it time and you won't be missing the old.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1130
    KKruglov likes this.
    08-28-14 09:30 PM
    This caught my attention, I'd like to know more about this.

Back to topic, I like the old and the new. It is showing the progress of BB10. No matter if the flat is the new trend... I like it.

Sometimes change is good, just give it time and you won't be missing the old.

Posted via CB10 Z10STL100-4/10.3.0.1130
    On a regular LCD screen, there is a very small amount a charge required to close off a pixel to block the backlight. It's the varying charges over each of the three primary color pixels that created the image we see. An all black screen uses the most power to close all sub-pixels on the entire screen - and the backlight is still fully lit. No charge to the pixel leaves it wide open - thus a white screen.

But, really, the charge for a black screen is negligible given all the colors created while being used. And then the whole thing is off a lot of the time.

About the UI, it seems inconsistent. Some parts still use the black action bar while others use the new light look. Some of the light elements are too bland and undefined. There are gray areas that are so light, you can't see what you're supposed to do.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by joeldf; 08-29-14 at 12:09 AM.
    wolfee48 and Samuele1996 like this.
    08-28-14 11:55 PM
    The whole OS needs a better unification. The stark white is a little annoying, at least use a gradient or glass effect to even out the UI. Too many colors in different apps. One color would be nice. And allow us to make theme choices for the colors.

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 08:48 PM
    Can we see some screen shots from people's devices

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 12:51 AM
    This is quite interesting. Is it because after installing 10.3 on Z10-1, my device is consuming more power than 10.2.1. Is it because, I am selecting most applications theme as black? Now, I will experiment by using light theme, impact on battery.
    08-31-14 09:10 AM
    I like the old and I like the new, and, to be honest, I was getting bored of the old UI. But have you ever tried to use the light theme in the morning in bed??? You can't! It burns your eyes and corneas!!! It seems like "Jesus come back!". Even with the brightness very low! (20-25%)

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:07 PM
    Old seems goood to me and that made me come back to 10.2.1.
    But loved 10.3 in many ways and also hated in many ways....
    Colour patterns are not at all uniform...it gives us a headache sometimes....fonts are different at many places...scroll bar seems ugly....size of bottom bar differs....
    I know its a leak....just wanted somebody to know so that when the og comes, I wil have the best os

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:17 PM
    Not entirely happy with the calender app. In 10.2.1 (and before) if you inputted a phone number or email address into a calender entry you could just press on it and either call or email as desired - can't do that now! Hopefully it will be sorted when the official OS come out.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:21 PM