07-26-13 01:33 PM
32 12
tools
    I noticed a huge battery drain on my Z10 with the 4651 file, and I observed that my cell signal was changing from full 5 bars to 1 bar regularly...and it was on the table the whole time. I tried it outside, inside and in different areas of the house...same thing.

So, figuring it may be the OS, I downgrade to 4643 and noticed the same thing.

So, now I am wondering...are the leaked OS's having radio file issues, or could my phone be the problem?

Any thoughts?
    07-22-13 05:39 PM
    Well I have the Q and I have been noticing the same problem and have asked a few times in here even started a thread to see if anyone would chime in but I'm not getting to many answers. I will keep my eye on this incase you get some news.

Thanks

Posted from my Q10 on CB10
    07-22-13 05:50 PM
    If your phone is having trouble keeping the signal it could definitely cause battery drain... But as to what causes the signal fluctuation, there could be a couple of things. I doubt that it's the OS since it happened on 2 different OS's that so many others are using without an issue. It could be your phone/antenna but it doesn't have to be. It could be your carrier, maybe they are experiencing some issues with their network. One way to test that is by changing to 2G only and watching what happens. Is the signal still going up and down radically? Another way to test it is by going to a different location and see if that makes any difference.
    Then it could also be a simcard issue. The best way to test if the simcard or phone/antenna is faulty is by simply trying the sim in another phone, or trying a different sim in your phone.
    Hope this helps a little. Good luck!
    anon721037 likes this.
    07-22-13 05:52 PM
    Well I have the Q and I have been noticing the same problem and have asked a few times in here even started a thread to see if anyone would chime in but I'm not getting to many answers. I will keep my eye on this incase you get some news.

Thanks

Good to hear I'm not alone...the more I see this happening on my phone, the more I think it's an incompatibility issue with the carrier-untested radio files. This may explain why some people have excellent battery life, others not so much.

What game me the idea was that every time my 9900 was looking for a wifi hotspot, the battery would drain like crazy.

Maybe it's the same sorta thing. That would mean that we would either stick with the approved carrier OS, or try a leak with a more stable radio file for our specific carrier.

*scratches head*
    07-22-13 05:54 PM
    Thanks I tried the sim but I will try a few of your other ideas.
    Thanks

07-22-13 05:55 PM
    If your phone is having trouble keeping the signal it could definitely cause battery drain... But as to what causes the signal fluctuation, there could be a couple of things. I doubt that it's the OS since it happened on 2 different OS's that so many others are using without an issue. It could be your phone/antenna but it doesn't have to be. It could be your carrier, maybe they are experiencing some issues with their network. One way to test that is by changing to 2G only and watching what happens. Is the signal still going up and down radically? Another way to test it is by going to a different location and see if that makes any difference.
    Then it could also be a simcard issue. The best way to test if the simcard or phone/antenna is faulty is by simply trying the sim in another phone, or trying a different sim in your phone.
    Yes, but these are leaked OS's, not carrier-approved. It's definitely not the sim card, as I have run previous OS's with great success and have used the same sim in my Q10 and 9900 (yes, you can use a micro sim in a 9900 if you position it correctly...lol).
    07-22-13 05:56 PM
    Yes, but these are leaked OS's, not carrier-approved. It's definitely not the sim card, as I have run previous OS's with great success and have used the same sim in my Q10 and 9900 (yes, you can use a micro sim in a 9900 if you position it correctly...lol).
    I'm pretty much into leaks myself, am aware of the difference
    What carriers are you guys both using? Perhaps that could shine a little more light on it. And what network? 2G, 3G, LTE? With a little luck other people on the same carriers using the same leaks can chime in here and share their experience.
    As for the sim, did you test it in the 9900 since giving these leaks a try? Much as people hate to believe it, simcards can give up the ghost even though they were fine an hour or a week earlier. Any chance of trying another sim in your phone?
    21stNow likes this.
    07-22-13 06:02 PM
    I know, I'm pretty much into leaks myself
    What carriers are you guys both using? Perhaps that could shine a little more light on it. And what network? 2G, 3G, LTE? With a little luck other people on the same carriers using the same leaks can chime in here and share their experience.
    As for the sim, did you test it in the 9900 since giving these leaks a try? Much as people hate to believe it, simcards can give up the ghost even though they were fine an hour or a week earlier. Any chance of trying another sim in your phone?
    I don't have another sim to try, but I can try it back in the 9900 again.

I'm on Fido in B.C. And running 4g and below. Not running lte to save battery.
    07-22-13 06:06 PM
    I'm in Calgary on Telus and have LTE on, now I have to mention that when I had my Z it got a better signal everywhere. At home on the Z I got 3 to 4 and the Q I get between 1 and 2 and bounces over to H and then back. Also I noticed today going around the city the most I could see most of the time was 3 and the Z was always full bars.

07-22-13 06:29 PM
    Yes, but these are leaked OS's, not carrier-approved.
    ROFL my Waffles! Of course not silly, Trix are for kids
    VeniceBB likes this.
    07-22-13 06:31 PM
    ROFL my Waffles! Of course not silly, Trix are for kids
    That's my point...I'm aware they haven't been tested yet, hence my question.
    07-22-13 06:34 PM
    I am having the same problem, signal that continually goes all over the place.
    07-22-13 06:37 PM
    I am having the same problem, signal that continually goes all over the place.
    Want to add which device, OS, carrier and network you are using so people can compare and see if it only happens on certain carriers?
    07-22-13 06:54 PM
    It's actually not unreasonable to think the same thing could happen on 2 different operating systems. I'm on 4631 at the moment and I'm seeing the same thing he is talking about. Except at my house where I have full signal it will jump and say I have no signal at times. Not sure what is causing the problem but I can concur that there is one.

Btw I'm on att z10. 10.1.0.4631 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 07:48 PM
    That's why I started a thread yesterday in the Q10 section but no one chimed in its good to see that it's not just my device as I have already switched it once. I'm thinking about going back to factory but I really don't want to, to see if it's just as bad. I put a new OS on this the same day I got it.
    I'm on 4651

07-22-13 07:57 PM
    I'm with Telus, work in Toronto and live north of the city. With 4561 I'm getting the most consistent signal since 1880. I'm also getting LTE in areas I wasn't previously.

4561's been berry, berry good to me.
    07-22-13 08:49 PM
    How about trying this.. didn't try it myself but you can attempt it to see the result..

Install the latest leaked update u want..

Than use sachesi to download latest OS by ur carrier, take the radio files of it and load it on ur phone...

So now u have latest leaked OS with ur approved carrier radio...

P'S. As I've said I didn't try it so do it on ur own risk :P

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:12 PM
    On VZW when my signal repeatedly fluctuates by battery drains super fast...always has no matter which phone I used or leaked / official os.

On my sweet Z10 with CB10! Verizon STL100-4 BBM Channel: C000534C0
    07-22-13 09:47 PM
    I just reloaded stock OS and so far the signals are the same, so I take it that it's a phone hardware problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:51 PM
    It's actually not unreasonable to think the same thing could happen on 2 different operating systems. I'm on 4631 at the moment and I'm seeing the same thing he is talking about. Except at my house where I have full signal it will jump and say I have no signal at times. Not sure what is causing the problem but I can concur that there is one.

Btw I'm on att z10. 10.1.0.4631 I believe.

Posted via CB10
    By chance did this start yesterday? I'm on Att and have noticed that in the evening I started having the problem last night. But fine before

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 09:51 PM
    Mine started a month or so I'm thinking.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:14 PM
    Always had that, even on stock OS. But not my battery drains at 0.5W on whatever OS I try. Haven't tried 10.2 yet though.

Currently on 4651
    07-22-13 10:42 PM
    I put mine on the hspa and it's rock solid so it's only happening when I have it on the LTE one that includes all them. Maybe that's the problem if it's an OS problem.
    Radical signal fluctuation...cause of battery drain??-img_00000004.png

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 10:50 PM
    By chance did this start yesterday? I'm on Att and have noticed that in the evening I started having the problem last night. But fine before

Posted via CB10
    I've noticed it a few times. Once last night but the time before that was a few weeks ago

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 11:03 PM
    I have this problem too, tried with both Orange and Vodafone Romania. Noticed it since 4xxx and I have it on all. But mine happens once in a long while, the bars drop to 0 and come back full. I didn't notice any bad battery though, and, seeing it happening mostly inside, I think is the not so good signal strenght making the phone switch from H+ to H.

Sent from the Dark Side
    07-23-13 01:24 AM
32 12