Not seen a mention directly in any threads, but then I'm not burrowing 30pages into a rant to find it.

But having been on the leak for several weeks, and seen no improvement in battery life I decided to install the official OS via Sachesi.

My question is, does the phone need several more days to "settle in", "reindex" or any other BS made up reason?

I only ask as the official update is non-destructive suggesting it doesn't need to reindex.

Battery life still pants you see!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:32 AM
    Really not enough info to give you a fix all answer.
    And "30 pages of rants" and "other BS made up reasons" really isn't the way to ask for help or give anyone incentive to want to help.
    Hey... I DO understand your frustration.

But, I'm afraid you'll have to go the route that everyone else did.
    Type "Battery" in the search box and you'll see about 10 threads that have addressed just about every issue concerning the battery and this latest OS!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 02-03-14 at 11:05 AM.
    Pdinos3, anon721037 and BionicKris like this.
    02-03-14 10:54 AM
    I've participated in most of those threads you've mentioned and most of them eventually spiral into oblivion with useful posts like "my battery is fine", which isn't really useful in a topic reporting poor performance. So I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue using my 20 years of IT technical expertise.

But I thought my question was fairly concise.

If the official OS update is non-destructive why does it need to reindex?

If I was running the latest leak and allowed 2 weeks to ensure full "indexing" then update to official OS which it's been widely acknowledged as being no real update over the leak will I still need to wait several days for it it reindex again?

I need this info as fact, not supposition, so if anyone has any gospel BlackBerry facts, courtesy if an official Web link I'd appreciate it greatly.

I've been tinkering about with every setting going, and when I find a stable setup that maximises battery life while maintaining usability I'll post it up here on Crackberry for all those suffering from poor battery life to try out. Therefore helping the community.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:50 AM
    Battery settle down is a mix of many thing, how big the OS jump, how many APPs installed how many stuff you back up if you do backup. Battery settle down is worst on Z10 due to small battery size. Latest Leak tend to be less battery consuming to most of us. You can try using sachesi to update to official release that in fact is the same as the leak, when you do try to do it in the night so you can leave it plugged to the electric outlet all night so it can do all the settling without stressing the battery. Use the brightness in the lowest energy consumption and leave it alone for the night most likely it will be ready in the morning. Use device monitor to monitor CPU usage and act according to it. The more email accounts and text and contacts the more it takes to settle in. The most important thing is patience, the optimal battery usage will be one week more or less after installation, the CPU usage will be optimal when system is under 5% and the other are on idle. Pin service takes a lot of battery when it syncs all contacts and accounts so the more u put in your mobile device the more it will need to settle. Last, enjoy your device the beauty of BlackBerry is the opportunity it gives us to make updates, enjoy improvements and stay ahead on the changes without changing our devices every year.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.1925
    02-03-14 12:05 PM
    Buy a Z30. Problem solved.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    02-03-14 12:05 PM
    I did the update via link from leak to oficial on my Z10. No settle was needed except the minimal heating during the update. Went to CPU settings usage to 3% in less than 30 minutes.

02-03-14 12:14 PM
    I'll do some research into cpu.

Z30 isn't a solution, I bought the Z10 because I liked the.lpok of it and what it offers, it's only the battery life I don't like (but im taking measures to rectify that).

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:58 PM
    I'll do some research into cpu.

Z30 isn't a solution, I bought the Z10 because I liked the look of it and what it offers, it's only the battery life I don't like (but im taking measures to rectify that).

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 12:59 PM
    I've participated in most of those threads you've mentioned and most of them eventually spiral into oblivion with useful posts like "my battery is fine", which isn't really useful in a topic reporting poor performance. So I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue using my 20 years of IT technical expertise.

But I thought my question was fairly concise.

If the official OS update is non-destructive why does it need to reindex?

If I was running the latest leak and allowed 2 weeks to ensure full "indexing" then update to official OS which it's been widely acknowledged as being no real update over the leak will I still need to wait several days for it it reindex again?

I need this info as fact, not supposition, so if anyone has any gospel BlackBerry facts, courtesy if an official Web link I'd appreciate it greatly.

I've been tinkering about with every setting going, and when I find a stable setup that maximises battery life while maintaining usability I'll post it up here on Crackberry for all those suffering from poor battery life to try out. Therefore helping the community.

Posted via CB10
    My battery's fine.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    02-03-14 02:41 PM
    My battery's fine.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio

Can I "unlike" your post...
    Yup I think i can, your contribution wasn't worth the 1011101 you wanted in posting it.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 02:57 PM
    My battery is fine

Posted with the almighty Z30 using 10.2.1.1925
    Pdinos3 and Hamilton Guy like this.
    02-03-14 03:04 PM
    Really not enough info to give you a fix all answer.
    And "30 pages of rants" and "other BS made up reasons" really isn't the way to ask for help or give anyone incentive to want to help.
    Hey... I DO understand your frustration.

But, I'm afraid you'll have to go the route that everyone else did.
    Type "Battery" in the search box and you'll see about 10 threads that have addressed just about every issue concerning the battery and this latest OS!
    Is there any info in the search for birds that's look a little dizzy and is always look for bacon.

Posted from my Z30
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-03-14 06:50 PM
    Is there any info in the search for birds that's look a little dizzy and is always look for bacon.

Posted from my Z30
    I'm sure I have no idea WHAT you're talking about, but, I'll do a bacon/bird search as soon as the room stops spinning!
    anon721037 likes this.
    02-04-14 01:00 AM
    I'm sure I have no idea WHAT you're talking about, but, I'll do a bacon/bird search as soon as the room stops spinning!
    Hey nice picture.

Posted with the almighty Z30 using 10.2.1.1925
    02-04-14 03:13 PM
    Have observed your device manager over a few days to see what is draining your battery?
    What is your typical battery life? What do you expect?

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    02-04-14 08:44 PM
    I expect my z10 to perform as well as my ancient 3gs did when it comes to battery life.

I use the z10 the same as I used my 3gs.

Yes the 3gs is under powered compared to z10 but then it also had a far smaller battery too and it had been charged easily 1000 times.

Basically I love the z10 but I hate the crap battery management that's currently present in os10. Sleep mode battery management needs a complete overhaul. 4%-10% discharge in 1hour of sleep mode is utterly unacceptable for any phone (especially as I have no email sync or anything active to drain battery when it's sleeping) . Sooner the fanboys accept this the better. Battery life should not be measured in will I make it to lunchtime before I charge it.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:47 AM
    I expect my z10 to perform as well as my ancient 3gs did when it comes to battery life.

Yes the 3gs is under powered compared to z10 but then it also had a far smaller battery too and it had been charged easily 1000 times.

Basically I love the z10 but I hate the crap battery management that's currently present in os10. Sleep mode battery management needs a complete overhaul. 4%-10% discharge in 1hour of sleep mode is utterly unacceptable for any phone (especially as I have no email sync or anything active to drain battery when it's sleeping) . Sooner the fanboys accept this the better. Battery life should not be measured in will I make it to lunchtime before I charge it.

Posted via CB10
    It is very difficult to diagnose this problem without knowing everything you are up to on the device. It may come down to a bad battery. I have two Z10s, and they both get between 8 and 16 hours depending on use. My Z30 gets between 12 and 24.

I have a charger at work, and a $10 charger in my car just in case. Easy.

I use a mix of BlackBerry and Android apps, watch videos, play games, bbm, email, and use news readers.

My phones usually settle down within an hour after an update. Nighttime drain is negligible.

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 06:15 AM
    Hey there is larger batteries on the market today for the Z10 you can get them on Amazon and eBay, it make it a little bit bulkier but if battery is you're trouble and can't access a charger during the day try them they are really good. BTW my Z10 used to give me 6-8 hours due to large android APPS Installed, consider that if that's your trouble, but I manage to charge it in my car between jobs. I got the Z30 and now I even forget to plug it at night and I'm good to go the next morning with only a small pump up on the car charger on way to work that I do not for need but just in case I return home late.

02-05-14 06:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Again, have you reviewed your device manager to see what is draining your battery? Do you have Link set to do any wifi syncing?
    Sleep mode? Are you referring to bedside mode? If so, why would you activate bedside mode while not on a charger? Are you leaving apps continously open in active frame?

To compare, a normal day for me is responding to emails, text, and bbm messages. (not continously) Surf CB, social media sites, weather, and news apps many times a day. A couple of phone calls. Maybe listen to a couple of tunes in between meetings.
    Device is never in my pocket, always in the holster or laying on my desk.
    I perform NO media syncing with Link. I do sync my calendar manually through Link on my work PC at the end of each business day.
    This usage goes through 60-70 % of battery in about 14 hrs everyday which is perfectly acceptable and better than my previous devices.

02-05-14 07:01 PM
    No media sync, no radios switched on except 3g, email set to manual sync (which I do once a day before its unplugged from charger). I close active apps when i'm done with them.
    02-06-14 05:36 AM
    Do you frequently go through areas where cellular reception is weak?

02-06-14 07:20 AM