Since the changes made on blackberry protect, i was wondering (and i know it could sound silly): i want to make a security wipe on my device, i always do before doing an autoloader (i know, its not necessary, but anyway). What do i have to do, to no mess my phone up? Should i turn off bb protect before wiping my device? or should i wipe my device first, then turn bb protect off, and then use the autoloader?

I know this is probably just paranoia, but since i can render my phone useless, i would prefer to be sure before doing anything. So, what do you say?
    05-21-15 05:48 PM
    Just wipe , when you set back up BBM protected should start up just like mine.
    BSar likes this.
    05-21-15 05:51 PM
    Just wipe , when you set back up BBM protected should start up just like mine.
    haha, thanks for the answer, but i'm not talking about bbm protected; i'm talking about blackberry protect (anti-theft; device location; etc) that since the 10.3.2 update, it has become more capable of rendering ur device useless. So, you have any ideas on this?
    05-21-15 05:57 PM
    I haven't loaded 10.3.2 yet. But they way I'd do it would be to turn protect off before wiping.

But I don't think that's necessary, because as long as you know your BBID password and username, you shouldn't have a problem with protect.

Someone who stole your device without knowing the password to your BB protect would be screwed, because after a wipe it'll probably ask for the password to change the BBID.

Posted via CB10
    BSar likes this.
    05-21-15 06:06 PM
    haha, thanks for the answer, but i'm not talking about bbm protected; i'm talking about blackberry protect (anti-theft; device location; etc) that since the 10.3.2 update, it has become more capable of rendering ur device useless. So, you have any ideas on this?
    Well, before you can wipe it will ask you for your current BBID password. So do whatever you want.
    BSar likes this.
    05-21-15 07:07 PM
    I turned off the BlackBerry Protect, then wipe. Then autoloader, and everything it's working flawlessly. So thank you all!

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    05-22-15 11:34 AM