Would having a thread specific to each device mean shorter finding and fixes threads that people would actually read? These threads are valuable but most people don't take the time to read the 50 pages so post their question and then the threads get 100 pages long. Even if you have the time to read that much, very few readers can remember what applies to their device. The OP cannot summarize the conflicts for all devices in the first post so we end up in a vicious circle - not reading long threads which makes them even longer.
    11-17-14 04:58 PM
    I agree. Also while we're at it, have a f & f for different methods of install, SIC, autoloader, sachesi, Darby and blitz.

Everyone has different problems caused by different instances and circumstances.

I don't think any other company in history has one OS (core) which works for 10 different phones at the same time.

Z10-1, Z10, Q10, Q5, Z30, Z3, P9982, P9983, passport and soon classic.

A single general fixes and finding is one hot pointless mess.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 04:29 PM
    Keep it to each Core file, having for each device model will in itself be too much. One for each core is more fitting as some models share the same os file.

QC8974
    QC8960
    OMAP

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 05:29 PM
    So a plethora of threads for the same folks to not read, and ask the same questions on, post in the wrong thread, or simply start another one anyway?

I appreciate the thought, but we just spent over a week discussing getting one thread working well. I had two volunteers step up to that task, and another involved in the thread jump to make the first find/fix thread after, who's doing one heck of a job I might add. It's taken a team of helpers to sift through and push forward key points. Let's not make this more complicated than it is.

Love the enthusiasm for organization, but please focus that energy on patiently helping the constant flow of new members, who have yet to learn how to search.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-21-14 05:46 PM
    Would having a thread specific to each device mean shorter finding and fixes threads that people would actually read?
    Nothing will make people read the thread. Speaking from experience.

Posted via CB10
    1oo1, BigBadWulf and toobs623 like this.
    11-21-14 05:48 PM
    Keep it to each Core file, having for each device model will in itself be too much. One for each core is more fitting as some models share the same os file.

QC8974
    QC8960
    OMAP

Posted via CB10
    While we are at it, why not make a separate thread for each application causing issue.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-21-14 05:54 PM
    Well, there's always the thread search option isn't it? (At least on the website)
    All we have to do is document the bugs properly as discussed in the organized threads discussion. http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...hreads-975275/

Also this

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-21-14 06:12 PM

QC8974
    QC8960
    OMAP

Posted via CB10
    I have a hunch that separate STL100-1/other devices threads will change the dynamics of things...

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 06:13 PM
    So a plethora of threads for the same folks to not read, and ask the same questions on, post in the wrong thread, or simply start another one anyway?

I appreciate the thought, but we just spent over a week discussing getting one thread working well. I had two volunteers step up to that task, and another involved in the thread jump to make the first find/fix thread after, who's doing one heck of a job I might add. It's taken a team of helpers to sift through and push forward key points. Let's not make this more complicated than it is.

Love the enthusiasm for organization, but please focus that energy on patiently helping the constant flow of new members, who have yet to learn how to search.
    Makes perfect sense to me. Very well stated.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-21-14 08:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    EXACTLY.

Truer words have rarely been stated.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-14 08:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    If I get really adventurous I may just read ALL of em....maybe not...lol

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 08:17 PM
    While we are at it, why not make a separate thread for each application causing issue.
    I don't agree either with this separation but three is better than ten. And yes no one reads, so doing this is fruitless.

cbcoza | Z3/Z10/Z30 - 10.3.1.1151
    11-21-14 11:47 PM