I had installed 10.2.0.1047 with. 810 runtime. Most apps didn't work so I went back to AT&T release. I installed my File Manager and found the reason. The. 810 had no files in the runtime whereas the stock does. Now I want to add files to the runtime but won't allow me to copy or move any files in. Can only view what's there. Any way around this? My apps require files not installed yet and debugtoken does nothing to make them work.
    09-19-13 07:39 PM
    What exactly do you mean by "no files" inside the runtime?
    09-19-13 08:03 PM
    The filestructure the runtime creates?
    You should have installed the leaked runtime featured here instead of .810's

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    09-19-13 08:06 PM
    To answer thurask, my File Manager allows me to view root and edit if unlocked. When my apps wouldn't even attempt to work I was going to add resources to the runtime to force it. Upon viewing most folders showed empty. After returning to stock I installed my apps and they start but error out because of resources. I view root again and it looks basically like my Evo 4g root. So was going to add them but root denied.

FrankIam, thanks for that and will give it a shot. I only installed the other because it was posted as recommended in a thread here.

Thing is I only need GB runtime. ICS and JB are really only good for visual improvements to apps. I have a rooted phone with GB and almost every app the others can install it can also just without the visuals.

OR...would it be possible for someone in the know to add these files for me and post me a installable runtime? And the how to because it is something I would care to learn.
    09-20-13 04:28 AM
    You can check this thread out.

http://http://forums.crackberry.com/...untime-842651/
    09-20-13 03:40 PM
    So far all has been a no go. Not the first thing has given me the ability to add files to system/app. These 3 apk really needs to be there to make the Android Apps function as they should. Have tried my own File Manager, ES File Explorer, 2 different versions of ROM Toolbox and Root Explorer and all fail when trying to move a file in. Any more ideas? Converting these to .bar will not work,or at least it hasn't the many times I have attempted. It is my belief that once these are in we will gain access to G+(if you use it),YouTube Channel and SunTrust Mobile Banking to name a couple. All help is greatly appreciated.
    09-23-13 07:03 AM
    Sounds like, and correct me if I am wrong, you are trying to add files into the root folders of your system. I believe these are locked therefore you will not be able to do this.

Posted from my BerryLeak LE running 10.2.0.1xxx while drunk
    09-23-13 08:12 AM
    Not unless BlackBerry actually runs via .apk I am not. The system/app folder I am attempting to modify is a part of the Android RunTime,unpacked a version I downloaded to be sure. It's odexed but is fine since that only aides with speed(supposedly as zipalign does as much so). It shows as read/write/execute but can read and looks as if execute but write hasn't happened yet.

As a special note: The RunTime from above is actually worse than stock AT&T. On stock I had G+ and YouTube up to sign in which I couldn't because needed files were missing. On the above version and 810 they both just force close. Also on stock I had SunTrustMobile run and try for a couple minutes to open before going black screen and on the other 2 versions it just force closes.

I have the 3 files that are missing. GoogleServices.apk,GoogleSettings.apk and Maps.apk. G+ and YouTube need the first 2 and SunTrust needs maps for sure. Converting those to bar fail to yeild results as the file names change. They need to be a part of the RunTime in apk format. I have unpacked the above shared version and is easy enough to just add these files but converting an open folder back to bar isn't something I am familiar with. Also when unpacking it shows duplicates of some files so not sure if I could get it to work anyways. This is where I am in need of aide at. BTW......to figure out if you have root access there are a couple ways to do so. NinjaMorph from Play or a good file explorer like RootExplorer. Running in the runtime it should give root if the runtime is fully unlocked correct? Only want to mod the root of runtime. Messing with the phone itself would be pointless at this moment.
    09-23-13 09:01 AM
    A couple of quick things,and please correct me if I'm wrong

You mean, you are missing essential APK components inside the android runtime, and you are searching for a way to add those kissing APK files by rooting only the Android runtime?

I don't know if that will work well *only* because I'm not entirely sure how much of the Android runtime is functional and/or what APK'S blackberry had to specially modify.

The only way I can think of to fix this is to install a working runtime over top. If you are going to build your own hybrid runtime (i.e. Decompile the BAR, change APK files or packages, and repack the bar using a debug token) this would let you use custom APK packages / include extra APK files inside the runtime.

You will need to match the XML permissions between the two BAR files and use a debug signing simply because you will not have Android native signing rights.

Once you have made your modifications, use whatever SDK you have installed to compile and sign the BAR file as a directory package. This will ensure the meta data files for the BAR are rebuilt with the new hash tags (otherwise you won't be able to install it).

Now with that said, theoretically, it would be no better than simply pushing a runtime with the files included.

If you push a complete runtime, and it still fails to add the missing files, there could be a bigger issue for you on this one.

But do remember that root in Android isn't the same as root on blackberry, and it won't have access to system files from the blackberry environment.

Cheers

Ed
    09-23-13 10:56 AM
    So...still unable to find the problem. Here is the deal.

On 10.1.0.2019(AT&T version) I have very few problems. ESPN Score Center works flawless. On every variant of 10.2 with and without unlocked runtime it has errors like when you click a game the box score comes up for a second and then errors to a link. Fetchnotes doesn't work on any 10.2 I've used yet it works perfectly on AT&T version. G+ I haven't gotten completely but regardless of version I get better results on 10.1. Even N.O.V.A. has came closer to loading on 10.1 than on 10.2.

These are just a few examples of what I'm finding. Since I see that an update may be coming to move us to 10.2 it is kinda important for me to figure this out. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 08:08 PM
    You are trying to gain access to locked unrootable stuff. Quit trying. It will not work. BlackBerry is not rootable like Android or iPhone. The Android runtime is not rootable on Blackberries. PERIOD.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-09-13 12:47 AM
    The best you can do is use a debug token method on an apk you convert yourself using xsacha's "Android Pak" setup.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-09-13 12:49 AM
    The best you can do is use a debug token method on an apk you convert yourself using xsacha's "Android Pak" setup.

Trusted Member Genius
    ... x2

Posted via CB from my LE
    10-14-13 05:03 PM