09-21-16 08:35 PM
64 123
tools
    I've only had this issue with the 10.3 leaks and none of the 10.2's. I lose all call logs, texts, apps and custom settings after a restart or if the the phone dies... When the device is booted back up, its as if the OS was just installed all over again with default settings and nothing personalized. Anyone have any answers or insight?

Searched all through the forums for answers as much as possible before posting this. (I hate seeing the help posts when there's guides and answers clearly posted ) It's as if everything installed and loaded aside from the OS itself is put into RAM and obviously once power is lost or rebooted that gets cleared.

I've got the SQN100-5 Through T-Mobile

I use the auto loaders for installing and do a security wipe before installing. I have not tried the sachesi method because i'm not familiar enough putting together the bar files etc. But even then I don't see how that would resolve the issue? (Asking from an educational standpoint rather then dismissive.)
    08-24-14 12:09 AM
    I am not having any issues with settings after reboot. May be you had a bad load?

What autoloader did you download?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    08-24-14 12:12 AM
    I am not having any issues with settings after reboot. May be you had a bad load?

What autoloader did you download?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    Used the non-vzw Mega link posted the other day.
    08-24-14 01:37 AM
    I had a similar issue after installing 10.3 and rebooted several times, but after a few hours it went back to normal. Try giving it some time, it performs a lot of background work, such as syncing.
    08-24-14 01:43 AM
    I'm having the same problem. Q10 using the non-vzw autoloader. I've tried security wipe before and after installing... still wipes after reboot.
    08-25-14 03:32 PM
    can someone help me please , this leak is driving me insane , I have currently installed 10.3.0.1052 on my blackberry Q10,

My steps before I did install the leak

1. I security Wiped when I was on 10.2 (Backed up Files when I was on 10.2)
    2. Download Autoloader for Q5/10
    3. Installed leak onto my Blackberry Q10 (everything went well booted up etc)
    4. Security Wiped when i was on 10.3.0.1052
    5. Restored my Apps (Phone Restarts after restored)
    6. Now this is the problem ... my phone goes back to factory settings again (No apps)

Repeated installing leak and security wipes many times?

Nothing Works.

Help me please.
    Alejandro Nova likes this.
    08-25-14 03:44 PM
    can someone help me please , this leak is driving me insane , I have currently installed 10.3.0.1052 on my blackberry Q10,

My steps before I did install the leak

1. I security Wiped when I was on 10.2 (Backed up Files when I was on 10.2)
    2. Download Autoloader for Q5/10
    3. Installed leak onto my Blackberry Q10 (everything went well booted up etc)
    4. Security Wiped when i was on 10.3.0.1052
    5. Restored my Apps (Phone Restarts after restored)
    6. Now this is the problem ... my phone goes back to factory settings again (No apps)

Repeated installing leak and security wipes many times?

Nothing Works.

Help me please.
    Do Not restore your apps from your backup. the apps in your backup are your 10.2.1 app bars. ONLY restore your settings and media, then use BBW and Snap/amazon app world to reinstall your android apps.
    08-25-14 06:19 PM
    Do Not restore your apps from your backup. the apps in your backup are your 10.2.1 app bars. ONLY restore your settings and media, then use BBW and Snap/amazon app world to reinstall your android apps.
    Yes, that'll resolve it. Had mine that way and it's good now. However restoring settings from 10.3.0.700 made me loose some feature/functions.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:58 PM
    I've done it without restoring and it still wipes on reboot.
    08-25-14 07:36 PM
    I put this on my Verizon Q10 a few days ago and have really been enjoying it. Haven't noticed any issues at all but I don't use auto loaders and did a non-destructive install. Just followed the instructions off the main thread if anyone is interested:

1. Get ALL THREE of the Core OS, the PROPER radio AND the Debrick file.

2. Place the core OS and proper radio into a directory on your computer.

3. Use Sachesi to SPLIT the debrick file; you need the .SIGNED out of it containing the filesystem image, then use the "EXTRACT APPS" function (which CANNOT take a .BAR input; this is why you must split it first!) to get the app BAR files.

4. Place all of those into the SAME directory as the CORE OS and Radio.

5. Now DELETE all the "sys.dxtg" files. There are four; the sys.dxtg.launcher file, if present, will blow up the install as it is missing some subsidiary components. This is the "Docs To Go" program and I've seen this problem before with debrick files. I have no idea why it happens, but you have to remove those files or the load WILL FAIL at about the 50% point.

Connect the phone to the PC and go to "INSTALL." Make sure the phone can be seen -- click "REFRESH"; it should show the current installed versions of what you have on the device in the window. If it does not something is wrong -- fix it before you continue as the install will not work.

Now drag the directory you put all those files in on top of Sachesi. It will start the install.

Go away for an hour to an hour and a half, but make sure your computer doesn't go to sleep! It will take quite a while to load. When it finishes the phone will reboot automatically; if it does NOT reboot (but just exits back) something went wrong.

The first boot will take quite a while -- maybe as much as 20-30 minutes. It will also take an hour or more before the phone settles down after it boots as it has to reindex everything.
    08-25-14 07:57 PM
    i did an autoloader install, because so many people were having problems doing a non destructive install. but i have had no problems with the new OS, apart from getting used to the "lift to wake" feature, i am so used to hitting the power button to wake up my phone
    08-25-14 09:25 PM
    So far originally since posting I've tried:

1. Re-download Autoloader -> Security wipe -> Sim card removed while running autoloader: No difference
    2. SIC Multiwipe -> Autoloader: No difference

Going to try Sachesi non destructive process next and see what happens.
    Last edited by cnote221; 08-26-14 at 04:16 AM.
    08-26-14 04:03 AM
    I've done it without restoring and it still wipes on reboot.
    Out of curiosity is your phone through T-Mo as well? Is yours the SQN100-1 or SQN100-5?
    08-26-14 04:06 AM
    Out of curiosity is your phone through T-Mo as well? Is yours the SQN100-1 or SQN100-5?
    Mine is the SQN100-1 from Rogers
    yusuff opeyemi likes this.
    08-26-14 07:01 AM
    So far originally since posting I've tried:

1. Re-download Autoloader -> Security wipe -> Sim card removed while running autoloader: No difference
    2. SIC Multiwipe -> Autoloader: No difference

Going to try Sachesi non destructive process next and see what happens.
    Any luck?
    08-27-14 11:18 AM
    Same problem here I tried everything. No results.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:33 AM
    Same issue.

Verizon Q10 wiped itself 3 times in 2 days. I'll wait for the next one.

The first two times I set it up I did enterprise activations so I thought that might be the problem. Last time I setup that account using Exchange ActiveSync and then it wiped again.

I didn't try to restore a backup at all.
    08-28-14 08:52 PM
    Same problem here I tried everything. No results.

Posted via CB10
    Which SQN model do you have and what carrier? So far I've heard the SQN100-5 and SQN100-1. initially i thought it was some sort of coding that was carrier specific but @brades having the issue as well eliminated that thought I had.
    08-30-14 06:12 AM
    My is sqn100-3, the problem appears with autoloader and even without, so I pass this one.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 07:17 AM
    My T-Mobile Q-10 has the same issue. Wipe every restart. I've also noticed it doesn't run the setup after the flash. I wonder if that may have something to do with it...

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 04:11 PM
    ***Fixed for me***

I finally got it to work without wiping every reboot. I installed an autoloader to 10.3.0.1052 and a reboot would wipe the device. Then I side-loaded the the O.S. bar file I downloaded when I searched "Leaked 10.3.0.1130 core os oltre la radio per Z10 e Z30" (the big file where you unzip them to) with Sachesi's by dragging and dropping into install. Now I reboot and my data is still there....

Update

Nevermind it will only save the data i had entered up to the point of the OS bar flash anything after that is lost at restart....
    Last edited by Jdavisger; 08-30-14 at 09:20 PM.
    cnote221 likes this.
    08-30-14 07:34 PM
    So no luck with 1130!

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:58 PM
    Did you try 1130 hybrid autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 03:00 PM
    I just want to chime in with my experience. I have a SQN100-5 on T-Mobile. I am experiencing the same thing....all my data including accounts I have set up, custom notifications, even the name of the device itself is gone. It comes up with the mobile network switched off as well. Just exactly as it did when I first loaded the OS.

I have tried the 1052 and the 1130, but I now realize that the OS is the same for both.

I also noticed that it didn't run setup when I loaded it.

I don't have anything new to report or add to what is already being mentioned, but wanted to add my notes into the mix.
    cnote221 likes this.
    08-31-14 04:32 PM
    ***Fixed for me***

I finally got it to work without wiping every reboot. I installed an autoloader to 10.3.0.1052 and a reboot would wipe the device. Then I side-loaded the the O.S. bar file I downloaded when I searched "Leaked 10.3.0.1130 core os oltre la radio per Z10 e Z30" (the big file where you unzip them to) with Sachesi's by dragging and dropping into install. Now I reboot and my data is still there....

Update

Nevermind it will only save the data i had entered up to the point of the OS bar flash anything after that is lost at restart....

What happened to you confirms my suspicion. I don't know enough about the OS and the devices, but from what I was reading if I caught it right the BB's have a 2nd partition. With that being said, I think whats happening is the partition that our Q's are booting into is something like a backup/recovery partition that's read only. Also I noticed when checking the internal drive space in the settings, It will quickly flash 5.X GB used then correct itself and say only 2.X GB of space is used. (The OS I'm assuming is no larger than the auto loader file we've all tried.

It makes sense because every time the device is rebooted, it goes back to the fresh brand new install. But with what it is you did your Q still wipes everything but ONLY whats new on it AFTER the .bar side load.
    08-31-14 05:01 PM
64 123