Hi, i've seen several threads about installing leaks on blackberries, and there was a lot of warnings saying that you can break your phone. But i've never seen thread in which somebody actually broke phone by installing it. It is really this dangerous? Did anybody ever screw up so badly that nothing helped? Except obvious, this is power down during flashing. I really want to install 10.3 on my Q10.

And are files from this link okay?
    BlackBerry OS 10.3.0.296 Autoloaders for Z30, Q10, Q5 | N4BB

Sorry for making this thread, you must see them every day, i think i just really need to hear some things directly from people before doing this. I mean i flashed all my previous phones, i have history with doing things on smartphones from times of palmOS and wm2003, but i've never touched any blackberry before.
    05-22-14 05:38 AM
    I've leaked all 6 of my blackberry 10 devices
    With really no problems you may run into the odd app not working and maybe a few other small issues but to ruin or actually break it never if you don't like how the leaks runs on your device you can always drop the OS back to what worked for you with no problems. I've gone back and forth numerous times never had a problem.

My extra extraordinary Z30
    bBOLD723 likes this.
    05-22-14 06:16 AM
    Then i think i'll try it. How much does blackberry link back up? Only OS and application data? Or things like photos too? Maybe all internal memory?
    05-22-14 06:53 AM
    I think you can choose what you want to back up, whether it's app data or media, never backed up with link before though

CB10 via Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296 /441 radio
    05-22-14 07:18 AM
    With the latest Link you can do a custom backup, and can select whether you want to backup Application Data, Media or Settings. I usually don't restore anything after a fresh install, I just restore my contacts and documents using Firechest's Backup Pro, which uses Dropbox to backup your stuff.

This is sound advice: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=933301

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    FireChestApps likes this.
    05-22-14 07:26 AM
    Yeah, i found that options, but what application data mean? Only data of applications or app itself too?

But that's not important anymore, i did it. Thanks for all anwsers!
    05-22-14 07:51 AM
    Yeah, i found that options, but what application data mean? Only data of applications or app itself too?
    Both.
    05-22-14 07:55 AM
    Running a hybrid of 296/442 and loving it. Battery a bit dull but apart from that all good

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 05:23 PM
    Can't kill a BlackBerry. Go for it!

Trusted Member Genius on Verizon 10.3.0.296/442
    05-22-14 08:13 PM
    I'd wait a couple weeks if it's your first.. there are still issues with reliability.

05-22-14 08:21 PM
    It's berry berry dangerous! Don't try this at home

Posted via CB10
    wolffkrieger likes this.
    05-22-14 10:38 PM
    You can't break your phone! Even if it bricks, you can simply load another OS with an autoloader and all is well again. 10.3 is a brand new beta leak and has some issues which is why a lot of us "leak-lovers" haven't loaded it yet. But all in all, it is way ahead of any of the 10.2 leaks/OSs. Lots of new stuff to play with and look at. If you have indeed flashed or uploaded a lot of OS's in the past, this isn't much different. Download the autoloader with the correct OS. Plug phone in and let it do its thing. As far as backing up, I've used Link, Sachesi and FireChest Pro. I like FireChest a lot because it is simply and straight forward with a lot of options. I use it mostly for contacts and calendar entries as I sync with Outlook 2007. Link has worked good for back up but not as good for syncing--especially with contacts.
    Sachesi is also good. The bottom line is that if possible you shouldn't restore anything with a fresh leak as once its installed it is totally clean. Restoring can put back on the new OS corrupted files that may have hung around in the old OS. Better to load fresh and reset your emails, etc. You should be storing your music and photos/videos and important docs on your SD card anyway, so no need to back that up. Give it a shot and see if you like it, or wait a while and a new improved leak will be out soon. Good luck!
    05-23-14 02:16 PM
    There is always a chance that something might go wrong, but I've never had anything happen. It's really simple.
    05-23-14 02:21 PM
    PS: Here is the link for the instructions on how to install an OS Autoloader. If you go to the BB10 Beta/Leaked Forum, you will see the "sticky" notes that have the instructions on all types of loading and updating. Check it out. Here's the Autoloader link:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/
    05-23-14 02:30 PM
    I come to warn you im from the future, what you are about to do its the downfall of mankind, skynet began when you upgraded such a powerfull machine to 10.3.......now in a serious tone, the worst that could happen is that you had to come back to 10.2.1
    05-23-14 02:30 PM
    Hi, i've seen several threads about installing leaks on blackberries, and there was a lot of warnings saying that you can break your phone. But i've never seen thread in which somebody actually broke phone by installing it. It is really this dangerous? Did anybody ever screw up so badly that nothing helped? Except obvious, this is power down during flashing. I really want to install 10.3 on my Q10.

Sorry for making this thread, you must see them every day, i think i just really need to hear some things directly from people before doing this. I mean i flashed all my previous phones, i have history with doing things on smartphones from times of palmOS and wm2003, but i've never touched any blackberry before.
    Sorry to be saying this, but from my personal experience ( Last December my Z10 simply died installing a game from BB World, during the "25 days Free Daily Offers" ) it will always be a risk to have a leak installed. I did it with almost every leak since April 2013, but when it was time to send the phone to BlackBerry to be repaired, "try" to explain how your phone died while running leak OS... Hint: They know.

End result, I had to pay for it to be replaced by a brand new Z10, and I learned my lesson.

Unfortunately, leaks, never again

But as you can see in this thread, lots and lots of folks don't have a single issue with them, and the install process is really really simple...

All I can say is (Since I've been on both sides of leaked OS), put together the list of pros/cons and then decide if it's worth the risk or not.

In any case, please DO ENJOY this amazing smartphone and OS that is BB10!!
    05-23-14 02:57 PM
    Thanks for replies!

So, i gone to 10.3 and go back to 10.2, i'll write some things so maybe someone will check this thread in future and have easier life:
    -This link is certainly okay, it have annoying watermarks though;
    -Restoring backup (10.2 backup on 10.3 OS) took about 16 hours. Really, literally, 16 hours, from 16:00 to 7:00 next day;
    -Backup is not, as i thought, low-level copy of whole phone memory. It's just applications and it's settings, so after restoring backup on 10.3 you still have 10.3 OS;
    -If you want to get back to 10.2, you need to select Preferences in right upper corner of Blackberry Link window, there are option to reinstall everything.

That watermarked, not polished leaks aren't for me it seems. But now i know that Android support gets better and better since new apps works and didn't work on 10.2, so it was ceartinly worth a try.

By the way, am I only one that think 10.3 os, at least in leaks, have kinda... bad interface? I mean it looks good and modern, but after i go back to 10.2 i feel much more, hm, comfortable? Maybe it's just that i get used to 10.2 things.
    05-23-14 03:48 PM
    its so dangerous that you wont go back to 10.2.1
    05-23-14 03:52 PM

Almost deadly.. you will not be able to put it down..

Backup your data, and follow the steps on many threads here. You will be good to go!

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 04:19 PM