08-08-13 10:39 PM
578 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Using this leak and sometimes the Q10 freezes for 2 seconds while typing. It occurred in whatsapp and bbm via hub. Did not notice any kind of freezing before this version.

Sent from my Q10
    I've noticed that too. Although im quite sure It happened a few times on previous OSes..

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:34 AM
    Using this leak and sometimes the Q10 freezes for 2 seconds while typing. It occurred in whatsapp and bbm via hub. Did not notice any kind of freezing before this version.

Sent from my Q10
    Noticed that too on this os. I have a device password and sometimes it freezes that I can't type the password. I would have to cancel first and try again.

Same with bbm.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:36 AM
    Tried this link again and as suggested, I formatted the sd card. Currently it is empty. I have finished loading the back up.

Got 5emails set up, bbm, fb no skype and any other sideloaded applications.

LTE off and brightness to about 20%. Battery temp as of now is at 40C but I assume because of the syncing and all.

Will observe if it gets hot again while on idle mode with nothing running on active frame.

Posted via CB10
    Fully charged the phone and memory card is still empty as I am still observing. Temp is at 35C. Full charged about 8min ago and did two bbms to a friend. Battery when I checked is down to 96. Is that normal? Or fast?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:38 AM

Sent from my Q10
    Yes. I have the same experience too!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:37 AM
    I think battery is still draining fast with minimum use though not heating up as of the moment.

2 hrs of purely bbm no email no apps. Bbm is also not continuous and not bbvoice. Battery is down to 70%.

Micro sd still empty.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:44 PM
    I think battery is still draining fast with minimum use though not heating up as of the moment.

2 hrs of purely bbm no email no apps. Bbm is also not continuous and not bbvoice. Battery is down to 70%.

Micro sd still empty.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have google talk or what ever their instant messaging app is called? Somebody posted their battery drain was related to setting Google Talk to auto login and getting stuck in a login loop.
    06-10-13 01:05 PM
    now that you mention this ... yeah, not always but occasionally this happens ...
    06-10-13 05:30 PM
    I've noticed that too. Although im quite sure It happened a few times on previous OSes..

Posted via CB10
    Never seen it on my Q10 on this or other OSes.

From my Q10
    06-10-13 07:03 PM
    Do you have google talk or what ever their instant messaging app is called? Somebody posted their battery drain was related to setting Google Talk to auto login and getting stuck in a login loop.
    None. I even uninstalled skype.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:07 PM

Micro sd still empty.

Posted via CB10
    Battery is still bad, even if the phone does not heat up as much, though still warm at either 35 or 36C.

Slept at 1am with 60% and phone is on standby mode with nothing running. Woke up around 6am and battery is @ 4% remaining.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:10 PM
    Battery is still bad, even if the phone does not heat up as much, though still warm at either 35 or 36C.

Slept at 1am with 60% and phone is on standby mode with nothing running. Woke up around 6am and battery is @ 4% remaining.

Posted via CB10
    Installed battery guru and at standby temperature is rising and it says @ 91% time to drain is 7hrs.
    The Q10 10.1.0.4285 Thread-img_00000027.png

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:12 PM
    Installed battery guru and at standby temperature is rising and it says @ 91% time to drain is 7hrs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000027.png 
Views:	1886 
Size:	343.7 KB 
ID:	170577

Posted via CB10
    And now at 80+% it will drain in 4hrs. Even if temp went down already. All in standby mode. I wonder what is draining the battery as no apps is open.
    The Q10 10.1.0.4285 Thread-img_00000028.png

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:46 PM
    I installed this on my Q10 and I'm getting great battery I play games and watch videos on youtube and still it will last me for the day.

Here's what I did
    -Installed the leak
    -after done installing I wiped everthing
    -setting->security and privacy->security wipe
    -then format my memory card

Everything is awsome after that

Posted via CB10
    quynhnguyen likes this.
    06-11-13 02:27 AM
    I installed this on my Q10 and I'm getting great battery I play games and watch videos on youtube and still it will last me for the day.

Here's what I did
    -Installed the leak
    -after done installing I wiped everthing
    -setting->security and privacy->security wipe
    -then format my memory card

Everything is awsome after that

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did all that too that's why I am already confused. Now the battery seems to have settled a bit. Have not been using the phone since 10am except for a couple of bbms and using the z10 to post here. Battery is at 50% at 4 pm. But thats is almost without using it. If I bbm, even just one message would drop the battery level by 1 to 2%.

Still observing.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 04:51 AM
    Yes I did all that too that's why I am already confused. Now the battery seems to have settled a bit. Have not been using the phone since 10am except for a couple of bbms and using the z10 to post here. Battery is at 50% at 4 pm. But thats is almost without using it. If I bbm, even just one message would drop the battery level by 1 to 2%.

Still observing.

Posted via CB10
    There may be a compatibility problem with your carrier's cellular system and this OS. What version of the OS is your carrier using on the Q10?

Another thing that just came to mine is that the newer OS seemed to turn on wireless sync to LINK automatically. Could this be your problem?

On a side note, when using the CB10 app to read and post, you cannot see which carrier or country a poster is on to help with the trouble shooting.
    06-11-13 08:30 AM
    There may be a compatibility problem with your carrier's cellular system and this OS. What version of the OS is your carrier using on the Q10?

Another thing that just came to mine is that the newer OS seemed to turn on wireless sync to LINK automatically. Could this be your problem?

On a side note, when using the CB10 app to read and post, you cannot see which carrier or country a poster is on to help with the trouble shooting.
    Q10 is not yet available in the Philippines where I am from. I bought sqn-3 unlocked online.
    I have the wireless link turned off both on PC and on the phone.

Right now the battery seems to have settled a bit. I am still @30% from since around 12pm and it is now past 9pm here on standby mode with nothing running and battery is between 34 to 36 C

I hope it gets ok already when I started using it.

Thanks so much for the help.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:25 AM
    Battery overheating.. but thats not the main issue.. The phone freezes, you cant type anything in it... Going back to 2354
    06-11-13 12:59 PM
    It's odd. I've been using .4285 for about ten days now. Best o/s build yet imo. Battery is terrific. Syncs better than ever with EAS. No reboots. No other issues to speak of. Can one phone be so different from another that many people are having all these problems ? Funny it was quite an adjustment to go to the Q from the 9900. With the exception of some minor stuf (like flashing light to indicate network connection kind of thing) I simply couldn't go back to a 9900 now (and I loved using that phone). Q rocks. New os upodates along the way will make this an indispensible business tool WITH all the bells and whistles. .4285 was a nice upgrade for my purposes. 10.2 ought to be amazing.
    geekaren likes this.
    06-11-13 01:06 PM
    I have the SQN100-1

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:10 PM
    .4285 has been working great for me. Great battery life, and no freezes or other odd behavior.

I think network compatibility can be a factor... I tried a verizon leak a while back and it wasn't a good experience.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:30 PM
    Yeah could be network compatibility. Just when I thought that the battery life is starting to be stable already, it isnt. Full charged it at 1 am then at 6 am battery is down to 50% when the phone was just on idle mode. Whereas the z10 same scenario, battery was at 80%. Both have the same things inside and both were just on idle mode.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 08:55 PM
    Anyone else find it interesting that you're all leaving an app open that constantly pings for battery stats, then complaining about your battery life?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 12:42 AM
    Well for me I have no apps open as I have not used the q10 to observe. The battery guru I just open every few hours to check the battery level then close it again and just again put the phone on standby mode.

For me it is more of trying to find out what is causing the fast drain. I uninstalled most of the apps like skype and ym to determine the cause.

Well if after doing everything and still wont get the result I am aiming for, then just time to go back to the last one that is working for me.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:06 AM
    what i noticed with this build that i'm using from day 1, battery related, is what most of the people already said: it totally depends on carrier compatibility with radio file. i have wifi most of the time ( at work and at home), and everything is fine, battery life is great. when i leave my wifi zone and get on 3g (well, hsdpa) the phone starts to get hot out of a sudden and battery drains insanely fast ( not all the time, but pretty often).
    06-12-13 05:13 AM
    Now apart from battery draining fast, I have just experienced my first random reboot.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:40 PM
578 ... 1718192021 ...