View Poll Results: If ANYONE gets his hands on a leak: Should he share it immediately hold it back some days + test 1st

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Just share. People are able to test the leaks themselves.

7 38.89%
  • Hold it back. So you can test it internally before sharing it.

11 61.11%
08-17-13 07:32 AM
28 12
tools
    I would like to quote myself from another thread and to get some honest opinions on the things I'm scrutinizing in my post.

Man, what a joke.

Obviously there's one person around who knows someone @Blackberry to give him OS 10 leaks.
    These leaks are completely unalterable, as they are signed with BBs keys and we use a non-rooted/non-jailbreaked phone and can't install custom ROMs like the Android folks do.
    So there is virtually nothing useful the person who got the leak can do with the leak apart from sharing it with the others.
    So, as a logical consequence (irony!) this person decides to form a whole "team" of people (for a leak they clearly can't do anything else with it but install it) and to not release the leak immediately.
    If asked WHY they don't release it immediately they tell the other BB folks virtually to shut up because their leak source wanted them to wait some time and test the leak themselves first or something like that. Because the other BB folks are obviously too stupid to try the leak themselves. And because it's much better to tell everyone you already have a leak but don't share it instead of telling the others about the leak once all the "testing" by the "team" is done.

Man, you people of the "team" are lucky that no real ROM-developers are around here like in XDA forums for Android - the people there would lynch you for such ridiculous sh*it.

So, what's your opinion? Do we need a "team" or would it be just fine if everyone who receives a leak immediately shares it or at least doesn't talk about it until he is ready to share it?
    08-17-13 05:09 AM
    You, sir are the troll of the day

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, wobly, moody and 3 others like this.
    08-17-13 05:21 AM
    Don't talk about it till its ready.

The wait is killing me!

It's just a phone. Get over it!
    08-17-13 05:21 AM
    Go and get a girl, it's just a phone...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-17-13 05:55 AM
    I want the leaks right away too, but I'd rather wait to see if someone elses phone gets ****ed up by installing a leak first before I try it. So I for one would like to thank the team. I'd still be trying to get phone calls to work on 480 or whatever the first one without voice calls was, if it wasn't for members who are now on the team.

Ps. You're not intitled to leaks anyway, be happy your getting them at all.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 06:00 AM
    Two things are coming to my mind when I read such a post (OP).
    1. We all should appreciate that we get leaks and get to testing new stuff.
    2. What do you think will happen if the team releases a leak and most things don't work after installing? The forums would be full of threads crying about what doesn't work.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Just get used to the way it works and show some love to the team for releasing and testing leaks in the first place.
    If you don't like how it works, go back to android and stop complaining.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and moody like this.
    08-17-13 06:09 AM
    The thing you are missing is that THEY have it...given to them, discovered thru searching backends of servers or conjured up by pagan rituals under the midnight Canadian sky, it is in their possession...

So, while it might not be their properties, it's release is theirs to do or not (not even gonna debate the legalities and ownership of leaked software here). And I for one would rather the team work out all the bugs and quirks before they send it out into the world so that I don't have to wade thru a thousand threads about how Skype won't work or some s#!t.

We can all quietly wait and be thankful that someone took the time to bang the dents out before we screwed up something, or go hang out at a Tim Horton in KW and try to befriend a BlackBerry employee

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 06:14 AM
    I won't install any leak unless the "team", as you put it, hasn't gone through it first. What else is there to say?
    08-17-13 06:23 AM
    Do you regularly throw your toys out of the pram or is this post a one off?
    Where does your sense of entitlement come from?
    I have a leaked copy of Neil Diamonds "I am, I said" that i havent shared. Do you want me to share that too just because i haven't?
    In Scotland the saying for a person like you is "You have a want about you" and it isn't a compliment.
    08-17-13 06:24 AM
    Also Bravo on making your 17th post so antagonistic.
    08-17-13 06:25 AM
    The purpose of the "team" and its actions-images-1-.jpg

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    hdbulldog4 likes this.
    08-17-13 06:32 AM
    'So there is virtually nothing useful the person who got the leak can do with the leak apart from sharing it with the others'

You're wrong, they can test it and find workarounds for things that don't work. If everyone who had a leak posted it without any testing, or notes on what does and doesn't work, these forums would be awash with multiple identical threads along the lines of hotspot / whatsapp / skype etc. not working, not forgetting the obligatory 'it's just bricked my STL100-1'

I for one am happy there's people out there who are willing to give their FREE TIME to test and release these leaks in a controlled manner.
    Wigley458 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-17-13 06:44 AM
    I read this thread first thing this morning and thought that I would write a detailed reply, but could not face doing so prior to having at least one cup of coffee The purpose of the "team" and its actions-food-drinks-cup-coffee-743401.gif. One and a half cups of coffee later I realized the futility of responding since Gambit_DE said everything that was necessary in the second post and so all I will add is a plea to my fellow leakers:
    Adam Szucs and Mecca EL like this.
    08-17-13 06:48 AM
    Sigh why are people like the OP still here putting up these sorts of threads? Honestly dude, just give it a rest already. If you're doing this just for kicks and hoping to get a reaction or any sort of attention, well there you go, you have it now. But please, now that you got this out of your system, just go scurry along and stop starting threads like this anymore. It's really annoying. Go beg for attention on other forums. Geeze..

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 06:55 AM
    The honest truth is that he is right....whatever happened to the way it used to be before????(a leak will come out and it will be share with everyone right away) , we all know what we get ourselves into when we install this leak in our phones...you mean to tell me they need about 72 hrs to test one lousy leak???? really? 72?...what's next? Send to the fcc for approval???,he just said what's on every ones minds right know but are afraid to say it, this "team" has a God complex right now and is very sad to see what's going on right now....what a shame,this is about sharing informations and opinions for everybody to learn and test,no to hi jack the entire blackberry community over one stupid leak,i mean there are guys here that literally haven't slept for days try to get a hand on this leak so they can do their own testings so therefore they will be kissing this "team" you know what to see if they can get it earlier...again,what a shame!!!!.
    FYI: I could care less if you release it or not,but this is wrong!

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 06:55 AM
    That's what's wrong with our society and young kids today, they think they deserve everything. When they actually don't, it was given or found by the "team" so it's theirs to do what they want!

Maybe you should go read through some of the threads on the leaks and read how even after they posy the leak and in the first and second post they give out info. There is still people whining and complain when something goes wrong or something isn't working (especially the leak that didn't have phone calls working)

Posted from my Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047
    hdbulldog4 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-17-13 07:01 AM
    I for one am very happy that someone has the were withal to check these leaks. I paid good money for my phone and I don't want it either bricking or nuking on me. Additionally, I appreciate someone taking the time to check features for me so that I know whether it is something I want to try.

BlackBerry and its community are different animals from Android. Not saying bad at all. Just different.

I appreciate the team checking the leaks first. I would not try them otherwise.
    R Field, Wigley458, moody and 1 others like this.
    08-17-13 07:04 AM
    That's what's wrong with our society and young kids today, they think they deserve everything. When they actually don't, it was given or found by the "team" so it's theirs to do what they want!

Maybe you should go read through some of the threads on the leaks and read how even after they posy the leak and in the first and second post they give out info. There is still people whining and complain when something goes wrong or something isn't working (especially the leak that didn't have phone calls working)

And you really think this is going to stop it????????then I'm sorry but I don't think you live is this planet sir...get real.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:12 AM
    I would like to quote myself from another thread and to get some honest opinions on the things I'm scrutinizing in my post.

So, what's your opinion? Do we need a "team" or would it be just fine if everyone who receives a leak immediately shares it or at least doesn't talk about it until he is ready to share it?
    You're nick should be the joker apparently there is nobody else besides someone in the team who gets them because I have never see anyone else post a leak, only lbfe, so useless post

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:12 AM
    If you don't like they way they do things leave or get them yourself.

In short, put up or shut up!

Geesh... c:\delete *.*!

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    Wigley458 and Mecca EL like this.
    08-17-13 07:13 AM
    And you really think this is going to stop it????????then I'm sorry but I don't think you live is this planet sir...get real.

Posted via CB10
    Never said it was going to stop it did I? You must be special to be putting words in my mouth!

Ricky_S likes this.
    08-17-13 07:14 AM
    Never said it was going to stop it did I? You must be special to be putting words in my mouth!

You don't have to say it, it's self explainable....but i'm not here to argue with nobody man,it was just miy opinion God knows you are with me and the op in this one.good morning

Posted via CB10
    08-17-13 07:20 AM
    The honest truth is that he is right....whatever happened to the way it used to be before????(a leak will come out and it will be share with everyone right away) , we all know what we get ourselves into when we install this leak in our phones...you mean to tell me they need about 72 hrs to test one lousy leak???? really? 72?...what's next? Send to the fcc for approval???,he just said what's on every ones minds right know but are afraid to say it, this "team" has a God complex right now and is very sad to see what's going on right now....what a shame,this is about sharing informations and opinions for everybody to learn and test,no to hi jack the entire blackberry community over one stupid leak,i mean there are guys here that literally haven't slept for days try to get a hand on this leak so they can do their own testings so therefore they will be kissing this "team" you know what to see if they can get it earlier...again,what a shame!!!!.
    FYI: I could care less if you release it or not,but this is wrong!

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. If the team find bugs in the leak, they can't change the leak anyway. It is like it is, you can't alter it. You still can post workarounds once all people received the leak - make 1 thread for a new leak, immediately share it and collect the workarounds posted by various people in the thread and put them in OP posting.
    Also it still hasn't been explained what the point is in bragging about possessing the new leak days before eventually sharing it.
    Just keep your mouths shut if you are not willing to share it yet.

What's actually wrong about our Internet-society is that if you bring up valid criticism and the so-called "fanboys" don't know how else to respond, they always come up with calling the person a "troll" or a "young kid".
    You all should try to wake up so you can see that it's not the purpose of a community that a single person or a small group of people holds back something deliberately that everyone else wants. No, instead it is your goddamn obligation, to either share a leak if you already anounced you got one or to keep your mouth shut and keep it.

"Ha-ha i found a leak. But you don't get it yet. Be patient, be nice, eventually in a couple of days you will get it."
    Kindergarten!
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    08-17-13 07:23 AM
    You don't have to say it, it's self explainable....but i'm not here to argue with nobody man,it was just miy opinion God knows you are with me and the op in this one.good morning

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm just imagining if they didn't post some info on it, sure people will always complain and ask stupid questions but I'm sure their testing and first couple posts help some and cut down on some stupid posts.

And ya I'd love to have a leak sooner lol who wouldn't, but it's not mine to begin with so I can't complain
    Like Xbox one testers, I'm sure some already have the new systems, does that mean Xbox should release it all for us for us to use because some of it all ready?

08-17-13 07:27 AM
    Exactly. If the team find bugs in the leak, they can't change the leak anyway. It is like it is, you can't alter it. You still can post workarounds once all people received the leak - make 1 thread for a new leak, immediately share it and collect the workarounds posted by various people in the thread and put them in OP posting.
    Also it still hasn't been explained what the point is in bragging about possessing the new leak days before eventually sharing it.
    Just keep your mouths shut if you are not willing to share it yet.

What's actually wrong about our Internet-society is that if you bring up valid criticism and the so-called "fanboys" don't know how else to respond, they always come up with calling the person a "troll" or a "young kid".
    You all should try to wake up so you can see that it's not the purpose of a community that a single person or a small group of people holds back something deliberately that everyone else wants. No, instead it is your goddamn obligation, to either share a leak if you already anounced you got one or to keep your mouth shut and keep it.

"Ha-ha i found a leak. But you don't get it yet. Be patient, be nice, eventually in a couple of days you will get it."
    Kindergarten!
    Exactly.....Don't even worry,they all secretly agree with you,we both know it.

Posted via CB10
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    08-17-13 07:30 AM
28 12