06-16-13 12:57 PM
63 123
tools
    Sorry for a dumb question but is it possible to make it work with PB as well?
    06-14-13 12:55 PM
    Honestly don't know. never tried it on a PB OS image. I don't own a PB so never thought to try it.

Since xsacha is using his tools from the PB on the BB10 then I don't see why this wouldn't work in reverse. I'll see if I can find a PB OS to try it on.
    06-14-13 01:11 PM
    Looks like the tool has the potential to work, but just the signature that I'm searching for isn't found in the playbook .signed file. I'll have to work on that and see if there's a better way to find the right segment to start extracting at.
    bnwg likes this.
    06-14-13 02:12 PM
    When creating the bar directly - instead of dumping - will add the files directly to the zip now. The zip file can handle files properly in this situation. Well, I had to modify the zip library I had to not ignore case, but it still works. Look in the bar created for the new android 4.2.2 runtime under native/system/media/ringtones and you'll see several files with the same name but one may be capitalized and the other may not be.

I rename it in the dump just so when you dump you truly get all the files, even if they're not the right name. Otherwise you would have only got the contents of the 2nd file - with the name of the first. No matter what method is used, recreating that one bar (the new 4.2.2 android runtime) after a dump mode simply wouldn't work. So simply use the direct app creation mode and it'll work.

I also read the whole manifest prior to creating the bar, find all the files, and will only add those files that exist in the manifest. Also warnings if files are missing that should be in the manifest. Basically it handles the whole public directory thing properly. I've dumped the whole 228 and 341 apps and used sachibar to send them all to my device (rendering it useless of course so I had to re-run the autoloader) but all bar files send properly.
    Ah, of course thank you for the detailed explanation.
    06-14-13 04:07 PM
    Just a thought......would it be some methods to extract the bar installed inside the device?
    Something like when I plug in my PB and then there is a program that allow to extract any installed bar from it.
    06-15-13 08:04 AM
    Just a thought......would it be some methods to extract the bar installed inside the device?
    Something like when I plug in my PB and then there is a program that allow to extract any installed bar from it.
    Unfortunately not. That's all been locked down.

I can enable dumping .bar's from Playbook debrick OS though. I think I broke it.
    06-15-13 10:19 AM
    Just a thought......would it be some methods to extract the bar installed inside the device?Something like when I plug in my PB and then there is a program that allow to extract any installed bar from it.
    Thankfully no, that would make app piracy way too easy.
    06-15-13 10:43 AM
    And I hope if anyone ever does figure this method out they never share it with anyone. It probably requires rooting the phone to start with.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:57 AM
    Unfortunately not. That's all been locked down.

I can enable dumping .bar's from Playbook debrick OS though. I think I broke it.
    And I hope if anyone ever does figure this method out they never share it with anyone. It probably requires rooting the phone to start with.

Posted via CB10
    Thxk all for answering. I have no means to offense the app piracy or so but just want to grab the language input bar that is previously installed in my PB and not available for z10.

I think I need to wait BB to add back the language input method that is seen as basic from OS7 for the upcoming firmware update.
    06-15-13 01:41 PM
    Thxk all for answering. I have no means to offense the app piracy or so but just want to grab the language input bar that is previously installed in my PB and not available for z10.

I think I need to wait BB to add back the language input method that is seen as basic from OS7 for the upcoming firmware update.
    I've just updated this to work on PB .signed and autoloader files. So you can extract the bars directly from the latest OS files. I doubt that a language input program would actually work on the Z10, it sounds like something that'd be in the base OS itself just like the keyboard. But all you can do is take a look and try it.
    bnwg likes this.
    06-16-13 10:57 AM
    I've just updated this to work on PB .signed and autoloader files. So you can extract the bars directly from the latest OS files. I doubt that a language input program would actually work on the Z10, it sounds like something that'd be in the base OS itself just like the keyboard. But all you can do is take a look and try it.
    The languages are apps. That's part of the reason why we have about 131 apps :\
    06-16-13 11:20 AM
    The languages are apps. That's part of the reason why we have about 131 apps :\
    Yes, but the question,as I understood it, was about the language selection method, not an individual language. That's part of the settings app on the Z10 isn't it? And if there's a different way of doing it on the pb and if it's an app and not part of the OS the only thing to do is try it.

Edit: and the other half is obviously part of the keyboard itself.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DarcyTallGuy; 06-16-13 at 12:08 PM.
    06-16-13 11:35 AM
    Sorry I may not explain it clearly at the beginning.
    The language input that I want to grab is actually a stand-alone app that can be fired up when clicking on it. Within the app it contains the keyboard with English and the window that shows the output. After typing it will convert to my language and then I can just do copy & paste for messaging for instance (In fact this is the main purpose). This app is available for PB and installed in my device but not available for z10. That's why I wonder if there's a way to extract the installed bar from PB and give it a kick (of course it may not be able to work with z10 eventually).

Anyway, I'm really appreciate the help from all of you especially DarcyTallGuy that update the program to work with PB.
    06-16-13 12:57 PM
63 123