06-16-13 12:57 PM
63 123
tools
    how do you grab app from blackberry world?
    It's OK. Most of it is junk anyway.
    http://i.imgur.com/GrjFpeq.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/wJtrUiu.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/qeo0qXM.jpg

Edit: And you can now dump .signed images and extract bars from .signed images in Sachup.
    Last edited by xsacha; 06-11-13 at 11:21 AM.
    sbmd and toobs623 like this.
    06-10-13 10:37 PM
    Thank you!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-13 01:17 AM
    By the way I'm going to drop back to relative obscurity after this unless I find something else completely new.

May provide further support for this app, but I suspect others will have it figured out from my source code pretty quick and have GUI versions or better versions soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    ameen...

Hi. I already have a tool for this when I used it on the Playbook. I already have a tool for parsing the MANIFEST too.
    I should probably put this in to Sachup right?
    I can make it automatically create .bars.
    This is awesome >> I already have a tool for this when I used it on the Playbook

I should probably put this in to Sachup right? >> Yes for sure

can automatically create autoload will be better if possible
    so we can choose our own manifest
    like i did, i didn't use all apps from the orgin OS

same like shrink OS ini BBOS

Thank you!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    hi my bro

wkwkwkwkkw
    06-11-13 12:07 PM
    You can already do this with Sachup. Just select the apps you want with the CoreOS.

It's a bit trickier if you want to uninstall existing apps. You would need to re-sign them first.
    zocster likes this.
    06-11-13 12:38 PM
    You can already do this with Sachup. Just select the apps you want with the CoreOS.

It's a bit trickier if you want to uninstall existing apps. You would need to re-sign them first.
    yeah i got it for the first point

still need some (many) helps of the second one
    re-sign them first
    06-11-13 05:35 PM
    Well you'd have to re-sign them yourself. I can't exactly include a signature key in Sachup :P
    toobs623 likes this.
    06-11-13 08:14 PM
    Well you'd have to re-sign them yourself. I can't exactly include a signature key in Sachup :P
    Failed

No manifest

give me clue please...
    @_@
    06-12-13 07:48 AM
    Um, Pease don't release anything that let's people download directly from BlackBerry World lol. It's hard to convince people a dollar isn't too much for an app as it is.

You can't resign system bars tho or overwrite them with unsigned bars combined with a debug token.
    06-12-13 11:17 AM
    OP updated with new version for those who still want to use it. Source code added too for those who are curious.
    Sator, imsatsel, wu-wei and 1 others like this.
    06-12-13 12:50 PM
    OP updated with new version for those who still want to use it. Source code added too for those who are curious.
    Too kind
    06-12-13 01:11 PM
    DarcyTallGuy, great work. Well done.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    06-12-13 01:22 PM
    Um, Pease don't release anything that let's people download directly from BlackBerry World lol. It's hard to convince people a dollar isn't too much for an app as it is.
    I haven't and I won't.
    At least not until Blackberry fix paid apps being downloaded.

You can't resign system bars tho or overwrite them with unsigned bars combined with a debug token.
    You can use debug token on system bars. It does overwrite them.
    06-12-13 10:57 PM
    I haven't and I won't.
    At least not until Blackberry fix paid apps being downloaded.

You can use debug token on system bars. It does overwrite them.
    Lol, I know you won't
    Redebug tokens, whenever I tried that I'd get a manifest mismatch; I thought you couldn't overwrite a signed bar with an unsigned bar?
    06-12-13 11:06 PM
    Great work! We all should appreciate this kind of dedication whether or not we will personally use it!

I will by the way!

CB10 App, Z10
    06-12-13 11:09 PM
    Lol, I know you won't
    Redebug tokens, whenever I tried that I'd get a manifest mismatch; I thought you couldn't overwrite a signed bar with an unsigned bar?
    Yeah you can. No probs. Manifest mismatch sounds like you didn't modify the manifest correctly. If developer mode is on, the app id needs to start with "test".
    ViruzCated likes this.
    06-12-13 11:13 PM
    Yeah you can. No probs. Manifest mismatch sounds like you didn't modify the manifest correctly. If developer mode is on, the app id needs to start with "test".
    Oowww i see...
    its a good clue

thank u
    06-13-13 03:05 AM
    I upgraded my Dev Alpha C, it works. However the following apps will not work: Whatsapp, Skype and a whole lot... until they are available for 10.2 i guess.
    06-13-13 03:34 PM
    Found a small bug in the extraction routine for file dumping all files. It affects sachup as well under Windows. In the new 4.2.2 android runtime there's files with the same name, just different case. hydra.ogg and Hydra.ogg under linux those are 2 seperate files, but under windows they're treated the same. So if using the dump mode for either program you'll get a directory that you can't just zip up and create a bar from.

I'm trying to rework my code to zip properly and create a working bar at least. Sachup does create a working bar. So far it's just the 1 app I've found that has this.
    06-13-13 04:14 PM
    I saw this issue before but I don't know if there can be any solution on Windows short of changing its name.

I avoid this with the zip because I push it directly to a zip rather than a file.
    06-13-13 11:14 PM
    That's what I'm working on, adding to a zip direct from memory, but the zip library I am using is not case sensitive so it's being a pain. But like I've said before I'm not much of a programmer so I'm taking this opportunity to brush up on my skills.
    06-13-13 11:38 PM
    Oowww i see...
    its a good clue

thank u
    hahhaah... its only change maniiiifest right..
    06-14-13 12:46 AM
    Because I use Qt, I ended up using QuaZip to do the zipping. I haven't got it working on BB10 (on-device) yet though.
    06-14-13 02:53 AM
    BAR file creation bug fixed - all BAR files will now load wither erros (Was just the Android runtime from .341 that was failing). Speed improvements and so on.

Dump mode now detect filename conflicts which are an inherent limitation with Windows filesystems. It'll warn about them and save with a different name.

Source code updated too - It's getting complex to follow through the recursion, but it works.

No longer need the Ionic.zip.dll file that was included in the June 12th versions.
    06-14-13 11:27 AM
    BAR file creation bug fixed - all BAR files will now load wither erros (Was just the Android runtime from .341 that was failing). Speed improvements and so on.

Dump mode now detect filename conflicts which are an inherent limitation with Windows filesystems. It'll warn about them and save with a different name.

Source code updated too - It's getting complex to follow through the recursion, but it works.

No longer need the Ionic.zip.dll file that was included in the June 12th versions.
    I understand different file names is a Micro$oft caused problem, but having files in the .bar that don't match the manifest will prevent the bar from being sideloaded, and missing files not named in the manifest will prevent loading, and modifying the manifest will prevent loading... so what fix did you find?
    06-14-13 12:22 PM
    I understand different file names is a Micro$oft caused problem, but having files in the .bar that don't match the manifest will prevent the bar from being sideloaded, and missing files not named in the manifest will prevent loading, and modifying the manifest will prevent loading... so what fix did you find?
    When creating the bar directly - instead of dumping - will add the files directly to the zip now. The zip file can handle files properly in this situation. Well, I had to modify the zip library I had to not ignore case, but it still works. Look in the bar created for the new android 4.2.2 runtime under native/system/media/ringtones and you'll see several files with the same name but one may be capitalized and the other may not be.

I rename it in the dump just so when you dump you truly get all the files, even if they're not the right name. Otherwise you would have only got the contents of the 2nd file - with the name of the first. No matter what method is used, recreating that one bar (the new 4.2.2 android runtime) after a dump mode simply wouldn't work. So simply use the direct app creation mode and it'll work.

I also read the whole manifest prior to creating the bar, find all the files, and will only add those files that exist in the manifest. Also warnings if files are missing that should be in the manifest. Basically it handles the whole public directory thing properly. I've dumped the whole 228 and 341 apps and used sachibar to send them all to my device (rendering it useless of course so I had to re-run the autoloader) but all bar files send properly.
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    06-14-13 12:32 PM
63 123