Did an update to 10.2.0.1971 (Rogers OTA)

Instagram didn't work - so I updated the runtime, and now Instagram works but I have that annoying perma-bar. I've looked up and down, googled it too - how to revert back to the original runtime?

It's so disappointing, one runtime works but theres an android bar, the other one works without an android bar but requires a token.

Why can't Blackberry release an updated runtime without a stupid pointless android bar and one that doesn't need tokens, before you go off saying how easy tokens are - it's something I don't want to be bothered, I'm finding that the Q10 - although a fantastic device, is seriously starting to show its age in certain aspects - like having the most ridiculous time running Instagram. Something that should be so easy is made so ridiculously hard.

I love my keyboard and it's the only thing keeping me from switching to the LG G2 atm, so can anyone help me? It would be greatly appreciated because I don't know where else to look, and there's no instructions on how to revert back on the original OS runtime.
    almosthumanfx likes this.
    10-27-13 10:43 AM

Instagram didn't work - so I updated the runtime, and now Instagram works but I have that annoying perma-bar. I've looked up and down, googled it too - how to revert back to the original runtime?

It's so disappointing, one runtime works but theres an android bar, the other one works without an android bar but requires a token.

Why can't Blackberry release an updated runtime without a stupid pointless android bar and one that doesn't need tokens, before you go off saying how easy tokens are - it's something I don't want to be bothered, I'm finding that the Q10 - although a fantastic device, is seriously starting to show its age in certain aspects - like having the most ridiculous time running Instagram. Something that should be so easy is made so ridiculously hard.

I love my keyboard and it's the only thing keeping me from switching to the LG G2 atm, so can anyone help me? It would be greatly appreciated because I don't know where else to look, and there's no instructions on how to revert back on the original OS runtime.
    Well that runtime bar is there as many people couldn't figure it out how to use gestures or how to go back to reinstall a previous bar just look for the leak that corresponds to your os and usually they have bar files in that thread. Also there is an unlocked runtime bar that has a removable bar. Plus the android run time is basically for developers so there is no reason to get upset at BlackBerry for something that isn't meant for the average person. Also instagram works on that version you uploaded to ota through your carrier. And there are plenty of threads on how to install instagram with out a debug

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-27-13 10:59 AM
    Just use the runtime from 10.2.1.641

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 12:22 PM
    Use the one from 725, but always keep your 3g on

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 02:06 PM
    Just use the runtime from 10.2.1.641

Posted via CB10
    Where does one get it to download?

Use the one from 725, but always keep your 3g on

Posted via CB10
    That isn't going to work, I appreciate your response but im on WiFi @ home due to poor signal in my basement. It's a catch 22.
    10-27-13 05:25 PM
    with all the intelligent folks on here how is it no one can answer my question? O.o
    10-27-13 07:25 PM
    with all the intelligent folks on here how is it no one can answer my question? O.o
    A lot of people can answer your question and have already but you have to listen to them. In my opinion, you certainly can not base any runtime on Instagram. IG has been nothing but one negative issue after another. That said, the run time that comes with this update is a good one and works for most android apps. For IG use the debug token method as it will work on this build/update. Go to the Android Sideload forum and ask "Podgee" on there to post a debug token bar file along with the latest addition of IG's bar file. Use Chrome or sachesi to side load the two files-debug first and you will have a working IG program. You will have ro give him your pin and he will build it for you free. Hope this helps your problems. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 07:40 PM
    @dc2000 you can download the 10.2.1.641 leak and extract the runtime via Darcy's tools like the rest if us. Look at the stickies. While your at it, download sachesi. Then get chrome with the Playbok extension and you will be setup for goodness.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    10-27-13 08:31 PM

Can someone please figure out a way to run my car without having to always fill it up with gas? This is so stupid...I just do not want to have to do this. Why can't I have it my way...(sarcasm).
    If you can follow simple instructions, why not create your own debug token and be done with it? It ain't that hard to do. It takes as much effort and time as it did for you to write this post.

Trusted Member Genius
    Last edited by Gearheadaddy; 10-30-13 at 03:01 PM.
    10-28-13 01:10 AM
    Can someone please figure out a way to run my car without having to always fill it up with gas? This is so stupid...I just do not want to have to do this. Why can't I have it my way...(sarcasm).
    If you can follow simple instructions, why not create your own debug token and be done woth it? It ain't that hard to do. It takes as much effort and time as it did for you to write this post.

Trusted Member Genius
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 06:26 AM
    Where does one get it to download?

That isn't going to work, I appreciate your response but im on WiFi @ home due to poor signal in my basement. It's a catch 22.
    I have the same problem. My home has no cell signal. BlackBerry just has to fix it and we have to wait. Yep, it sucks.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 06:44 AM
    How do I download the leak? I'm a complete noob when it comes to BB10, Android on the other hand I have no problem.

Can't I just go through google chrome and remove the two android runtime files I have? This is becomming more of a headache than I originally had thought it would be. IG worked before the 10.2 update, so I was forced to find alternatives. That android bar in sideloaded apps is nothing but a headache. My screen real-estate just dropped by a quarter or so, and on a 3.1" screen that's quite a bit!!!

Please tell me what the easiest thing to do, to revert back to the original runtime from the carrier OTA 10.2 update. I've read on here, and googled it, for hours, I can't figure it out without worrying about bricking my device.
    10-29-13 12:52 AM
    I have the same problem. My home has no cell signal. BlackBerry just has to fix it and we have to wait. Yep, it sucks.

Posted via CB10
    You create the debug token by using 2 csj files emailed to you from BlackBerry, Use the "Android Pak" program to make it easier. Search these forums for a link to download the small program. Put it on your desktop or laptop. Create token, sideload it and your are in business.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-30-13 03:06 PM
    You create the debug token by using 2 csj files emailed to you from BlackBerry, Use the "Android Pak" program to make it easier. Search these forums for a link to download the small program. Put it on your desktop or laptop. Create token, sideload it and your are in business.

Trusted Member Genius
    How do I reload the original runtime? without backing up and restoring my device? That's all I need help with please help!
    10-31-13 02:42 AM
    How do I reload the original runtime? without backing up and restoring my device? That's all I need help with please help!
    Copy each link into your browser, one at a time and you can download the runtime from 10.2.0.1791 and then install the bar files with the chrome pb extension or sachesi.

http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

10-31-13 09:50 AM
    Copy each link into your browser, one at a time and you can download the runtime from 10.2.0.1791 and then install the bar files with the chrome pb extension or sachesi.

A HUGE Thank You!!!
    go1ndr likes this.
    10-31-13 11:58 AM
    A HUGE Thank You!!!
    No prob - enjoy
    go1ndr likes this.
    10-31-13 01:43 PM
    I wanted to download This app Bitstrips and i was reading about it for blackberryZ10 and It said that i needed a runtime android 10.2 app i downloaded it and my Intagram and my skype app stopped working. my z10 is working on OS 10.1 something how may i recover my instagram skype back and i also want bitstrips. I need help.
    10-31-13 05:21 PM
    I wanted to download This app Bitstrips and i was reading about it for blackberryZ10 and It said that i needed a runtime android 10.2 app i downloaded it and my Intagram and my skype app stopped working. my z10 is working on OS 10.1 something how may i recover my instagram skype back and i also want bitstrips. I need help.
    10.2 runtimes are 10.2 only.

To restore 10.1's runtime, download and install these two bars (runtime 10.1.0.148):

10-31-13 05:26 PM