I did a full backup up on my blackberry z10 then I installed a leaked os 10.3.1.1151 which installed fine after it was done went back to blackberry link to do a restore to get all my android apps back and won't let me it says blackberry id associated with this backup file doesn't match the blackberry id on this device the following data couldn't be restored application data,media,device setting and local contacts /calender data I need help what to do both the phone and my BlackBerry Link is signed into the same blackberry id could someone please explain to me what I need to do thank you so much

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:00 PM
    Try rebooting both phone and PC. Maybe a couple times, LoL.

Might want to keep an eye on this thread too:
    Unable to restore from backup due to incomplete Protect - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    11-18-14 07:25 PM
    Yeah. I had the same problem. It solved itself after.... I think I had to sign into bbid on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 07:43 PM
    Yes I am logged in to bbid on my phone I don't know what else I can do on my BlackBerry Link the restore point is there just won't let me restore

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 09:50 PM
    Same problem for me also please help
    11-19-14 03:24 AM
    .. a few last versions of 10.3.1 need newer BB Link app from Blend Desktop bundle installer ..
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-19-14 05:50 AM
    .. a few last versions of 10.3.1 need newer BB Link app from Blend Desktop bundle installer ..
    That could be it! Try installing Blend on your PC, which will upgrade Link.
    11-19-14 07:59 AM
    I reinstalled the os I had on there previously which is 10.3.1.1016 which I was able to restore everything when I did that update but now it's still not letting me restore anything

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:10 AM
    Go to BlackBerry Protect, is it spinning (and set to on?) and toggling off doesn't stick?

Edit: the BlackBerry KB34701 was lead me to this find. I can't restore since Sachesi and Link say I'm not signed in, but BlackBerry ID is Configured.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by atz_atd; 11-19-14 at 11:16 AM.
    11-19-14 09:15 AM
    I have same issue after reverting back to Rogers official OS on Passport where the backup I took prior to the update of 1151 will not allow restore due to BBID problem. Trying to see if there is a way to modify it in the backup file.
    11-19-14 10:11 AM
    Go to BlackBerry Protect, is it spinning (and set to on?) and toggling off doesn't stick?

Posted via CB10
    If you use several devices, the Blackberry protect file may not update immediately regardless of your BBM id, etc. My protect was spinning and would not update. Go to http://protect.blackberry.com and make sure that your proper device is selected there. If another device is listed, link will not recognize your phone to restore. Use the drop down menu and select your device. Your current phone will detect this and you should be able to turn on protect at this point to restore. I had the same issue and it worked perfectly.
    ordigas likes this.
    11-19-14 10:41 AM
    Here is what worked for me. I uninstalled Link, then installed Blackberry Blend, including Link. This somehow fixed my problem and now I am restoring again.
    11-19-14 10:58 AM
    Nothing I tried worked until I deleted my Protect Account and created it again. Now my device is registered correctly with Protect. Testing the restore from Link now and hopefully it works.

Update: WOOHOO....I can now restore from Link after fixing Protect. Cha ching
    11-19-14 11:37 AM
    Interesting. I tried to delete Protect and even created a new bbid to test. With the new bbid, my device is not even registering with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 12:54 PM
    It sorted out for me too!

I did the following, but I don't know which step did the trick:

1.- Uninstalled BlackBerry Link;
    2.- Uninstalled the Blackberry Driver from the Windows 7 Device Manager;
    3.- Restarted the computer;
    4.- Reinstalled Blackberry Link;
    5.- Logged in to my BlackBerry Protect Account (as suggested by RJurman) and deleted my previous device, only keeping the one I wanted to restore;
    6.- Turned on Airplane Mode on my device and disconnected my PC from the internet (that was suggested in another thread);
    7.- Launched BlackBerry Link and then connected my Z30.
    8.- Restored my last backup!

I don't know if any of those steps did the trick or if the problem was solved by BlackBerry server side, but I'm just glad everything is back to normal.

In the meantime, I'll stick to 10.2.1 while I wait patiently for the official release of 10.3.1. I don't want to risk this happening again if I reload the 10.3.1 leak. This was my first experience with an autoloader and it was not a good one. The OS loaded just fine and everything seemed perfect, but this "little" problem with BlackBerry ID / Protect ruined it for me, as I really needed to restore some of my data. It's worth noting that neither Link nor Sachesi could read the BlackBerry ID from the device, a step necessary in both programs to Backup or Restore.
    11-19-14 01:11 PM
    SOLVED !!

I unboxed my new Z30 and when I tried to restore from backup or do a device swap from my Z10 I hit a wall which sent me into quite an odyssey. I tried everything under the stars the night before last for 10 hours to no avail. I came back yesterday evening to read about a couple of new things that were posted during the day and I was up and running in 3 minutes! The problem has nothing to do with Link nor any Blend bundle or PC side. Luckily I have a lab full of PCs in which I could do clean installs. I also could not see the BlackBerry ID in Sachesi as that field was blank even though BBM and BBW were working normally. The problem lies server side on BlackBerry Protect. For some reason it just kept spinning if I tried to turn it off so here is what solved it.

SOLUTION:
    1.- Enter BlackBerry ID username and password (after wipe or new OS Install)
    2.- Go to BlackBerry Protect on the settings and swipe to OFF (it may keep spinning but that's ok)
    3.- Put the phone on airplane mode. (check that protect is now off)
    4.- Reboot
    5.- Take phone off airplane mode and let it connect to networks and that is ALL!!
    You will get the BlackBerry Protect message in the hub.

That is all!! No need to login and erase old or all devices in the BB Protect website, no need to fiddle with Link or Blend reinstalls on PC, believe me I tried all the recommended solutions in this forum and others, spent time with Verizon tech support and BlackBerry, opened up the manifest.xml from the backup file to make sure the BBid was in fact the same one being used and in the end I got them to ship me a new Z30 but I guess I will return that one as it had already been shipped. Thank you all for all your relentless input.
    atz_atd likes this.
    11-20-14 08:08 AM
    SOLVED !!

SOLUTION:
    1.- Enter BlackBerry ID username and password (after wipe or new OS Install)
    2.- Go to BlackBerry Protect on the settings and swipe to OFF (it may keep spinning but that's ok)
    3.- Put the phone on airplane mode. (check that protect is now off)
    4.- Reboot
    5.- Take phone off airplane mode and let it connect to networks and that is ALL!!
    You will get the BlackBerry Protect message in the hub.
    t.
    I can confirm those steps worked for me. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-20-14 12:01 PM
    I want to thank all the helpful people out there I appreciate all the help thank you

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    11-20-14 06:40 PM