08-31-13 11:04 AM
48 12
tools
    Awesome thread. Hat tip to all participants for showing exactly the reason Crackberry exists, and what it can still be.
    As it always should be...
    @wu-wei, @justluc: this just shows your integrity and commitment on supporting those of the CrackBerry community.
    @1magine: in the words of in_loco...dedo that (is that becoming a thing???)

OK, I just installed P2Go SUCCESSFULLY via the "chrome" approach. MUCH easier than I thought. FANTASTIC. Thanks to all who contributed !!!

I learned something today... always makes for a GOOD day.
    @grumpyaeroguy: so glad you could get your app back and solve your issue! Sometimes reading the stickies helps a lot...
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-21-13 07:20 PM
    Print To Go is not geared towards people like you. It's meant for people who need to quickly make/edit stuff with their office suite in their computer and transfer it without having to deal with "cables". We all know how flaky USB cables can be: they always break when you need them the most

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Yeh, because that flash-in-the-pan email attachment fad never caught on did it. Oh wait!

Posted via CB10
    cyblitz likes this.
    08-21-13 07:35 PM
    My guess is that Remote File Access is going to supersede Print to Go.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:46 PM
    My guess is that Remote File Access is going to supersede Print to Go.

Posted via CB10
    Well, first rfa needs to become more robust. For me, when it works, it's great. Problem is, it's real squirrly a chunk of the time. No ryme or reason as to when it works, and when it don't.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 07:52 PM
    Yeh, because that flash-in-the-pan email attachment fad never caught on did it. Oh wait!

Posted via CB10
    1. Make the document
    2. Save it somewhere in your hard drive
    3. Open your email client
    4. Compose an email and attach the document
    5. Open your email from your phone
    6. Download the attachment
    7. Open the document on your phone

Vs

1. Make the document
    2. Send it directly to your phone
    3. Open the document on your phone.

:shrug:

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    moody likes this.
    08-21-13 09:33 PM
    1. Make the document

Vs

1. Make the document

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    kinda where I am parked......
    Daytona123 likes this.
    08-21-13 09:36 PM
    Box sync works wonderfully, better than docs to go, IMO.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-21-13 10:13 PM
    I believe BlackBerry may have dropped PTG so keep those PTG bar files in your archives if you want it for the future.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:06 AM
    Print To Go is not geared towards people like you. It's meant for people who need to quickly make/edit stuff with their office suite in their computer and transfer it without having to deal with "cables". We all know how flaky USB cables can be: they always break when you need them the most

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Exactly.... and.... to add one more twist, it punches everything to pdf.... It is, 1, a bare bones pdf creator, a LOT faster than adobe acrobat and not nearly as flaky.

If you have documents to disseminate amongst colleagues, vendors, customers, etc., pdfs have their advantages. I can pop it from my office suite to my phone, and e-mail it from there, at will, when away from my desk, as a pdf.
    08-22-13 08:43 AM
    1. Make the document

Vs

1. Make the document

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    You're doing it the long way.

If you use MS Office which most of the world does then it's:

1. Make the document.
    2. File / Send to / Mail Recipient
    3. Open the attachment on your phone.

Now you'll say oh but you have to go to the Hub, open the email, tap the attachment.... but come on, if that is somehow so difficult and takes so long that it's now a problem that needs a solution that only an "app" can solve then the dictionary needs a new definition of lazy!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-13 11:21 AM
    You're doing it the long way.

If you use MS Office which most of the world does then it's:

1. Make the document.
    2. File / Send to / Mail Recipient
    3. Open the attachment on your phone.

Now you'll say oh but you have to go to the Hub, open the email, tap the attachment.... but come on, if that is somehow so difficult and takes so long that it's now a problem that needs a solution that only an "app" can solve then the dictionary needs a new definition of lazy!

Posted via CB10
    I see no point in arguing for the sake of arguing, but frankly I'm bored, so I'll entertain myself for a while.

I never made any statement that opening an email is so cumbersome it requires 2 bowls of Kellog's to do. Opening an email is indeed a "step". It is as mundane as "remember to breathe" in First Aid Manual, but it is a crucial step regardless.

Then you'll say "Oh you clever twit, you didn't mention 'open the Print To Go app', did you?" no, and I didn't mention "Go to Hub" either

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-25-13 12:14 PM
    PTG may be tunneled in transmission and thus encrypted (does anyone know?); until BlackBerry supports S/MIME for other than BES enabled devices email is not

Now maybe you don't care about such things but a lot of people -- including myself -- do.
    08-25-13 05:50 PM
    What's the point of print to go? I've never understood its usefulness, since you're not really printing anything. How's it different from just saving a file?

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    For one thing, you're converting the file to a PDF, which is fairly useful in itself and helps to ensure that the file doesn't get altered.

Second, it comes in EXTREMELY handy for documents that can't be viewed on a BB10 device at all, like MS Visio files, or AutoCAD stuff.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    08-25-13 06:01 PM
    For one thing, you're converting the file to a PDF, which is fairly useful in itself and helps to ensure that the file doesn't get altered.

Second, it comes in EXTREMELY handy for documents that can't be viewed on a BB10 device at all, like MS Visio files, or AutoCAD stuff.

From the awesome PHYSICAL keyboard of my Q10
    Yep.....x2

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 12:18 AM
    I tried to add Print to Go from 810 onto 1443, and it didn't seem to work (the computer couldn't find my Z10, no matter what). However, adding Print to Go from 4828 onto 1443 worked.

Anyone else have the same problem?
    08-30-13 07:27 PM

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Very true
    08-30-13 09:16 PM

There are tons of free PDF generators. PDF is an open standard nowadays. Pretty much anything is less bloated and resource-consumptive than Adobe products these days. I would recommend SumatraPDF. If you don't mind a little banner on the free version or paying a few bucks for the fancier versions, then I would suggest NovaPDF.

PTG may be tunneled in transmission and thus encrypted (does anyone know?); until BlackBerry supports S/MIME for other than BES enabled devices email is not

Which is why using Dropbox/Box/etc is a no-brainer because A) they are built-into BB10, B) they are encrypted in transmission, C) people are using such services a lot these days, and D) I think we should return to the days when email was primarily used for email, not as some horribly poor stepchild to ftp or a file sharing service.

If you are sending to yourself with an email service that uses SSL, you shouldn't have to worry about some MTAs in the chain sending plaintext over the internet.

If you're worried about PRISM etc, then email via a popular provider certainly won't suffice. I hear that SpiderOak is working on a BB10 client. That should be pretty cool for us security nuts.
    08-30-13 09:38 PM
    I use PTG every day. I depend on it to work mobile.

I send customers invoices to my phone so when I'm out of the office (a lot) and the delivery company calls to schedule delivery I can just pull up their invoice on my phone and give driver info.

I LOVE it so I hope I don't have to go back to emailing everything to myself. While it may be "only a few extra steps" it's a PITA to do them.

Squircle of Trust co-founder & proud owner of Q10 /.1323-URT
    08-30-13 10:10 PM
    Im a fan of print to go too. It's very convenient. For an example, I book a flight ticket online then I print it (print to go) and the ticket is on my phone. No need to worry about pdf stuff nor emailing.

~ It's not a phone, it's a blackberry
    08-31-13 12:10 AM
    Good news everyone!

Is Print2Go gone for good?-img_00000021.png

Posted via CB10
    VeniceBB likes this.
    08-31-13 10:34 AM
    Excellent.
    08-31-13 10:47 AM
    Good news everyone!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000021.png 
Views:	157 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	197385

Posted via CB10
    I like how they're going the BB World route with some of the apps that used to be standard on every OS, even though not nearly everyone uses them. They did it before with Password Manager and now Print To Go... I think a lot of users would be happy if they did the same for some other standard items, such as the Games app and the NFC Smart Tags. Actually, I wouldn't mind if they gave us an extra step in the initial setup where they direct you to an BB World page with these apps that were made to be a part of the BB10 OS and where they allow you to choose if you want to install them or not... but I digress. Good news.
    moody, Thunderbuck and Daytona123 like this.
    08-31-13 11:02 AM
    YEA!!! I agree make it an app so people can choose

Squircle of Trust co-founder & proud owner of Q10 /.1323-URT
    08-31-13 11:04 AM
48 12