08-31-13 11:04 AM
48 12
tools
    The last two (10.2) leaks seem to have "forgotten" Print2Go.

Don't get me wrong, I don't find this an insurmountable loss, at all. Oddly enough, I found myself using it more than I expected to/remembered on 10.0 and 10.1, now that it has been "hiding".

If one has a pdf maker on one's computer, then, yes, just punch the pdf and e-mail it to yourself. In a way, Print2Go was a "poor-man's" pdf creator.

Just curious, is it being "abandoned", or is it just MIA until the official release? Also, why wouldn't this be an app available via BB App World? I have searched there and don't find it.

Inquiring minds want to know....

Generally, love the latest leak. Working great on my phone.
    08-19-13 01:09 PM
    I can't see why they would abandon it.. can't say I use it often, but it's built.. and it's there.

Perhaps they will be loading it separately to app world with the release of 10.2
    08-19-13 01:12 PM
    would be nice. Like I said, it was one of those things I didn't think about much, but realized later that I used it more than I remembered.
    08-19-13 01:16 PM
    I have no idea why it was removed in these builds but it works fine. Just sideload the bar from 10.2.0.810.
    I have uploaded it here:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ppdVyTrI!JuiBQ2...G4hoFsd5VRYGUE
    shabbs, BCITMike and grumpyaeroguy like this.
    08-19-13 01:33 PM
    I have no idea why it was removed in these builds but it works fine. Just sideload the bar from 10.2.0.810.
    I have uploaded it here:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!ppdVyTrI!JuiBQ2...G4hoFsd5VRYGUE
    That's awesome. I am embarrassed to say, never sideloaded a bar. IS there a link to a "how to" than even I could follow?
    08-19-13 01:48 PM
    That's awesome. I am embarrassed to say, never sideloaded a bar. IS there a link to a "how to" than even I could follow?
    I wrote a pretty decent guide on using the Chrome extension over on our wiki.

Chrome plugin - BerryLeaks Wiki
    grumpyaeroguy and SteelHelmet like this.
    08-19-13 01:51 PM
    I wrote a pretty decent guide on using the Chrome extension over on our wiki.

Chrome plugin - BerryLeaks Wiki
    There's also a great guide right here on crackberry

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...device-821005/
    SteelHelmet likes this.
    08-19-13 01:57 PM
    There's also a great guide right here on crackberry

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...device-821005/
    Very cool - I hadn't seen that before. Jaydee is awesome.
    just_luc likes this.
    08-19-13 02:02 PM
    nice, I have an exercise to accomplish this evening.....who-hooooooo.
    08-19-13 03:00 PM
    nice, I have an exercise to accomplish this evening.....who-hooooooo.
    Let us know how it goes. Would recommend the Chrome extension way.
    Print2Go is a very useful service, hope you will it enjoy again soon.

Posted via CB10
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    08-19-13 03:06 PM
    Let us know how it goes. Would recommend the Chrome extension way.
    Print2Go is a very useful service, hope you will it enjoy again soon.

Posted via CB10
    I will certainly report back !
    08-19-13 04:00 PM
    Awesome thread. Hat tip to all participants for showing exactly the reason Crackberry exists, and what it can still be.
    08-19-13 04:31 PM
    Awesome thread. Hat tip to all participants for showing exactly the reason Crackberry exists, and what it can still be.
    As it always should be...
    08-19-13 04:53 PM
    geodorn - thank you for the .bar file, I was afraid P2go was gone for good or waiting Official 10.2 release or the SDK going gold. cant wait to get home and load this as i miss it.
    08-19-13 05:04 PM
    OK, I just installed P2Go SUCCESSFULLY via the "chrome" approach. MUCH easier than I thought. FANTASTIC. Thanks to all who contributed !!!

I learned something today... always makes for a GOOD day.

Last question. Once the addin is installed to Chrome, how do I bring it up from a fresh chrome window?
    SteelHelmet likes this.
    08-19-13 06:42 PM
    OK, I just installed P2Go SUCCESSFULLY via the "chrome" approach. MUCH easier than I thought. FANTASTIC. Thanks to all who contributed !!!

I learned something today... always makes for a GOOD day.

Last question. Once the addin is installed to Chrome, how do I bring it up from a fresh chrome window?
    Type in the IP of your phone in Development Mode into the address bar.

Posted via CB10
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    08-19-13 07:52 PM
    got it.... excellent...
    SteelHelmet likes this.
    08-19-13 08:13 PM
    got it.... excellent...
    I believe you can alternatively click the add on button to the right of the address bar. I think it has a BlackBerry logo on it, not sure. At least this is available to me.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 02:29 AM
    What's the point of print to go? I've never understood its usefulness, since you're not really printing anything. How's it different from just saving a file?

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    08-21-13 02:38 AM
    What's the point of print to go? I've never understood its usefulness, since you're not really printing anything. How's it different from just saving a file?

It's actually a bit misleading. The correct title would be "Send To Smartphone". Print To Go sends the document into your device instead of into your computer's hard drive. It's convenient I suppose

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-21-13 02:50 AM
    @Raestloz: Yeah, that's all I've been able to make out, that it is somehow convenient. Thanks.

08-21-13 08:51 AM
    I was quite disappointed when I first realised that the app is not a plug in to print irl kinda app...
    08-21-13 02:15 PM
    Being honest with you, guys, the only time I found it useful was when I thought I could print from my device.

C0001BBF0 - BlackBerry 10 help channel.
    08-21-13 02:22 PM
    It's actually a bit misleading. The correct title would be "Send To Smartphone". Print To Go sends the document into your device instead of into your computer's hard drive. It's convenient I suppose

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    That is, it WOULD be convenient, if I ever used my computer anymore. I rarely need anything more than my z10 these days

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 03:09 PM
    That is, it WOULD be convenient, if I ever used my computer anymore. I rarely need anything more than my z10 these days

Posted via CB10
    Print To Go is not geared towards people like you. It's meant for people who need to quickly make/edit stuff with their office suite in their computer and transfer it without having to deal with "cables". We all know how flaky USB cables can be: they always break when you need them the most

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    08-21-13 03:16 PM
48 12