10-06-15 10:45 AM
31 12
tools
    As per subject I used blitz 10.3.2.2789 on my Z30 and all worked ok, But my lock/power button stopped working. Was it just coincidence or it has something to do with upgrade? Anyone else with this issue?
    10-02-15 06:48 PM
    It is a coincidence, I suppose.

I do not have any issue with my Z30 (STA 100-3).

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:54 PM
    Try a soft reset. Hold both volume buttons until it restarts.
    10-02-15 08:35 PM
    Try a soft reset. Hold both volume buttons until it restarts.
    Same thing...
    10-02-15 09:07 PM
    Change your device then....

White Passport SQW100-1
    10-02-15 09:14 PM
    Same thing...
    The only suggestion I can make is do a backup, run an autoloader, and then see if it's fixed. If so, try restoring the backup and see if it breaks again. If so, repeat autoloader.

Good luck

Posted via  Z30 (OS 10.3.2.2639)
    fadmin likes this.
    10-03-15 03:44 AM
    Change your device then....

White Passport SQW100-1
    Planning to... but hopefully will last until Priv is released. :-)
    10-03-15 06:24 AM
    The only suggestion I can make is do a backup, run an autoloader, and then see if it's fixed. If so, try restoring the backup and see if it breaks again. If so, repeat autoloader.

Good luck

Will try it but lots of work so don't feel like it.
    10-03-15 06:26 AM
    Does the button not work at all or only the short press? In other words, can you press it for a few seconds and get the lock and power off menu?

I had a Q10 where I lost the short press ability after I got the phone wet washing my car. The button feeds two circuits and loosing the short press has happened to others. It is related to a component on the board failing, due to water damage. The solution to my problem was to find a Q10 with a broken screen and swap the motherboard with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 07:38 AM
    Does the button not work at all or only the short press? In other words, can you press it for a few seconds and get the lock and power off menu?

I had a Q10 where I lost the short press ability after I got the phone wet washing my car. The button feeds two circuits and loosing the short press has happened to others. It is related to a component on the board failing, due to water damage.

Posted via CB10
    It was nowhere near water, as i said worked before upgrade. So right now backing it up and wiping it to see if that would make any difference. Then os reload ...I doubt it is upgrade related but not many options left to try
    10-03-15 07:41 AM
    It was nowhere near water, as i said worked before upgrade. So right now backing it up and wiping it to see if that would make any difference. Then os reload ...I doubt it is upgrade related but not many options left to try
    You didn't answer whether you lost all the functions of the button or just the quick press function. Components can fail, even without help from water. On the Q10, it looked to be a surface mount diode that fed the button press to the circuit looking for the quick press.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 07:46 AM
    Yes, no function at all, short or long press nothing.
    10-03-15 07:51 AM
    I have the same problem on my Verizon Z30. Started with the last update. First lost short press now have lost both and am currently on 2789. Phone has never been wet. I think it is related to the software, not the hardware but I don't want to go back to previous OS. I did use an autoloader and started fresh, and short press worked for a little bit but then stopped. No big deal, but I do think it is a software bug.
    10-03-15 08:15 AM
    No issues here. Updated via Blitz from 10.3.2.2639. Factory unlocked Z30 STA100-5.
    10-03-15 12:31 PM
    If it's a Blitz related OS gremlin, wiping won't get rid of it, which is why I suggested blowing it out with an autoloader.

10-03-15 01:02 PM
    If it's a Blitz related OS gremlin, wiping won't get rid of it, which is why I suggested blowing it out with an autoloader.

Well to make long story short it did not work... What i tried:
    -Backup
    -Factory reset of the 10.3.2.2789.
    -Auto loader back to 10.3.2.2639
    - Blitz to
    -Restore (restore using Link really sucks ***. It backs up apps etc but then failed to restore apps. Almost easier to restore settings manually)
    But yeah, i guess my power button is screwed. I wish there is a software power/lock button. I reduced lock to 1 min though.

10-03-15 03:25 PM
    -Backup
    - Blitz to
    -Restore (restore using Link really sucks ***. It backs up apps etc but then failed to restore apps. Almost easier to restore settings manually)
    But yeah, i guess my power button is screwed. I wish there is a software power/lock button. I reduced lock to 1 min though.

Sorry it didn't work. FYI when making a backup, if you go to the advanced settings and check the box on "back up app executables" (or somehow like that) and then all your apps restore, even android apps.

10-03-15 03:52 PM
    I can confirm that this could be software related. I had similar issue where the power button would act very sensitive and in some instance it would act stuck like you are constantly holding it down and device would reboot into infinity. At first I thought it was some software issue but since I was overseas when that happened and I was without my lapotop I knew I couldn't do anything about so I just tapped the power button like million times to get it "unstuck" and I got lucky after ten minutes or so of constant rebooting. Phone finally booted properly and without interruption but right after that power button acted very sensitive so I thought it could be a faulty power button after all. I would just put a slight tap on it and it would unlock the phone, if I pressed it like you are supposed to press it you might get restart screen just like if you have held down the power button for few seconds. At this point I knew this could not be hardware related because if it was there is no way it would call up restart screen after just a tap or regular press, even if the button was physically stuck you would still have to wait for second or two for the restart screen to show up but in my case the restart screen came up right away after the regular press.

Bottom line is the issue went away after few days and restarts. Yeah I know its ******** and I do not have a solution for it but just let it "settle".
    fadmin likes this.
    10-04-15 04:38 PM
    I can confirm that this could be software related. I had similar issue where the power button would act very sensitive and in some instance it would act stuck like you are constantly holding it down and device would reboot into infinity. At first I thought it was some software issue but since I was overseas when that happened and I was without my lapotop I knew I couldn't do anything about so I just tapped the power button like million times to get it "unstuck" and I got lucky after ten minutes or so of constant rebooting. Phone finally booted properly and without interruption but right after that power button acted very sensitive so I thought it could be a faulty power button after all. I would just put a slight tap on it and it would unlock the phone, if I pressed it like you are supposed to press it you might get restart screen just like if you have held down the power button for few seconds. At this point I knew this could not be hardware related because if it was there is no way it would call up restart screen after just a tap or regular press, even if the button was physically stuck you would still have to wait for second or two for the restart screen to show up but in my case the restart screen came up right away after the regular press.

Bottom line is the issue went away after few days and restarts. Yeah I know its ******** and I do not have a solution for it but just let it "settle".
    Thanks Vladi, appreciate your input.
    10-05-15 07:23 AM
    -Backup
    - Blitz to

Just curious, before you did your restore (after the wipe), did you try the power button?
    10-05-15 11:10 AM
    The power buttons are known to go bad on the Z30s (happened on mine as well) so I think it's all coincidence.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:45 AM
    Anyone knows about the app that would let me lock it? I reduced timing to 1 min but that one minute is critical because when I handle it back to my packet i may delete something or dial somebody or ....
    10-05-15 12:23 PM
    Another option is to get a flip case, holster or sleeve with the sleep magnet built in.

Incidentally, the lock button fell out of my son'z Z30, but you can still use an object to press the switch where the button was. He is using a flip case.
    fadmin likes this.
    10-05-15 02:42 PM
    Try installing the core of from 10.3.2.858, I had issues with my sensors not working, loading that version fixed all my issues, then I was able to go to the latest version. It doesn't hurt to try loading a few different core is versions.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2789
    10-05-15 07:38 PM
    Try installing the core of from 10.3.2.858, I had issues with my sensors not working, loading that version fixed all my issues, then I was able to go to the latest version. It doesn't hurt to try loading a few different core is versions.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.2789
    Just tried that no help. Maybe it is a bad power button.
    10-06-15 07:01 AM
31 12