08-20-13 05:34 PM
442 ... 161718
tools
    Thanks to those sharing their experience with 10.2.

Can anyone give some information, in all honesty is it really that different from 10.1 or is the excitement that we're getting toast notifications that other platforms have had for a while clouding people's judgement? (bb 10.2 may handle it better but it's not unique)

Will I be able to do more, quickly? Also any hint on balance for us non bes customers?

Thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, I would say the only true way to see and feel the difference is to install it for yourself. That being that the user experience is different as per what the phone is used for.

I for one find it 100% complete with nothing to fault. Whereas, other users are reporting errors with FaceBook, LinkedIn or other Android apps. These are of no interest to me. What drives me about this OS and the whole BB OS is the emails, contacts, calendar and how it all smoothly interacts with each other. Yes the lock screen notifications are also great and so is the toast / message preview (for new messages).. But again, that what I want in a phone, so for me its great.

What do you want on a phone?
    mzceetee likes this.
    08-14-13 05:06 AM
    It is

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:22 PM
    So far I am loving my leaked 10.2 on my z10. However BlackBerry says there is call blocking in the phone settings area but I have not found it yet. Anyone know about that.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 12:05 PM
    Yes, the 10.2 Leak is flipping amazing, ... there is some hiccups, but overall the gains is out weight the hiccups
    08-15-13 12:06 PM
    Vast improvement no doubt but I'm still not getting more than 8 hours on my battery.
    08-15-13 12:28 PM
    I have been installing the incremental leaks as they become available, thanks to our BerryLeaks team. Each leak has led to some improvement in the OS but since they have been coming so quickly, it is sometimes hard to notice the difference. In the case of 10.2.0.1047, this leak has improved the battery and give us some new stuff. If I were coming from the stock OS, I would agree with the OP's title to the thread. But since I am coming from another leak, I would say that 10.2 is a very nice improvement. I am very happy with it and especially since I loaded the Android Runtime that Mecca El made available in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...tweaks-835087/
    08-15-13 02:00 PM
    Can anyone confirm that they have a Microsoft ActiveSync account up and running on 10.2? I saw a few posts early on of people saying that had issues?

Also, in the "phone" app call log, and also for incoming caller id, does it now list the company name as well or is it still just a name and number?

Thanks in advance...
    08-15-13 03:05 PM
    Can anyone confirm that they have a Microsoft ActiveSync account up and running on 10.2? I saw a few posts early on of people saying that had issues?

Also, in the "phone" app call log, and also for incoming caller id, does it now list the company name as well or is it still just a name and number?

Thanks in advance...
    I have manged to get mine to work. As suggested in a previous thread, the synchronisation error is likly to be caused by characters being used in your password. As an example, my password used the "!" character. Removing such character solved the problem. I now have no synchronisation error, though I'm not thoroughly impressed that I had to lessen my passwords complexity has a fix.

Posted via CB on my Q10 running 10.2.0.1047
    08-15-13 03:55 PM
    I use a special character in my active sync and have had no problems at all.

My second email account on Gmail has stopped once or twice but a reboot fixes that.

Caller ID works 100% for me.

I've noticed very few bugs on this build, only very minor things here and there

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 05:09 PM
    I use a special character in my active sync and have had no problems at all.

My second email account on Gmail has stopped once or twice but a reboot fixes that.

Caller ID works 100% for me.

I've noticed very few bugs on this build, only very minor things here and there

Posted via CB10
    There you go... if there is one thing I notice about 10.2.0.1047 is that the problems / bugs encountered vary per device and user.. guess you can't know the true worth till you give it a go (or until it's officially released).

Posted via CB on my Q10 running 10.2.0.1047
    08-15-13 05:41 PM
    Can you print from your BlackBerry directly to a Wifi printer on 10.2? New Laptop windows 8 not printing it's windows... can't print directly from BlackBerry so email document to my wifes new IP5 dont even know if you can print from it. 2 seconds later unlike the BlackBerry easy interface click and print. Between my laptop crashing 10 times a day if my BlackBerry is charging and BBLINK I hope 10.2 fixes this mess. If 10.2 fixes the app problem with access to Droid the inability to print directly to a Wifi printer, the contacts link issue and fixes battery life I would be happy.
    Last edited by scottdpreece; 08-16-13 at 03:46 AM.
    08-16-13 03:01 AM
    You can print directly Scott, there is a paid app called PrintHand Mobile Print Premium in BlackBerry World.

FYI on iOS you can only print to an Airplay enabled printer

Posted via CB10
    scottdpreece likes this.
    08-16-13 07:26 AM
    I actually tried out the 10.2.0.1323 leak and it was terrible for me. This is what I posted about it on the thread:

I installed this last night and I am loading official OS as we speak. It seemed quite good initially as I was on OS 10.1 (there was no lag in any of the apps and this was a major upgrade in the settings app). However, soon I started finding this a little problematic. I could not send pictures through WhatsApp or BBM. I found a workaround though. I went into photos -> share (using BBM or WhatsApp) and they sent perfectly this time.

This morning I woke up and I couldn't swipe up to unlock the phone. The lock button wouldn't unlock it, it'd just light up the display because that's how I set it up to be. I did a restart of the phone, and it would unlock then. This time, there was a voicemail notification that I couldn't get rid of, delete prior wouldn't delete my BBM conversations, the phone seemed a little laggy and I was like meh. I didn't test the battery (although it seemed fine) or whether the picture sending thing was resolved.

Bear in mind, I did do a full restore after installing this. I think I'm gonna try out the hybrid instead...
    08-18-13 08:46 AM
    It doesn't print docs or pdf that's why I didn't download it.
    08-18-13 09:11 PM
    It doesn't print docs or pdf that's why I didn't download it.
    Try PrintBot, its an android app and you'll have to sideload but it works with my HP printer over WiFi, print directly to printer.
    http://apk2bar.org/bar/11/cb/83735/n...bot_v2.2.6.bar
    08-19-13 04:44 AM
    The developer said they sent the updates for docs pdf and non Gmail to "RIM" so that's a plus
    Thanks for the bar file. He said the update should be available in 5 to 10 days.
    08-19-13 08:38 PM
    I like it much better than 10.1 just need a little bit more work...

Posted via CB10
    08-20-13 05:34 PM
442 ... 161718