I noticed that even when location services are disabled they run in the background when an android apk is installed. This is a waste of battery and a privacy issue, so I was wondering if anyone has found a way to avoid this issue?

Netflix is the only android app I have a use for, as there isn't a BlackBerry App. So I suppose it's not a huge deal if what I want is not possible.
    01-21-14 09:12 AM
    Had you turn off your location service in main settings?
    01-23-14 10:23 AM
    Had you turn off your location service in main settings?
    Yes, it was disabled in the main settings. The interesting part is that after loading the Netflix apk, the toggle in settings for Location Services remained in the off position, but the task manager clearly showed that it was now running and actively using cpu and battery.

The app will not run for the first time unless the user accepts that location tracking is enabled. However, accepting the terms does not change the setting for Location Services, though it does enable the software. Had I not checked the task manager I would not have known.

Ultimately, I would like BlackBerry to allow Android apps to have permission toggles like native apps, where the app still runs without tracking enabled. There is just no reason for app makers to collect such information and I have no interest in accepting it simply because Joe Public blindly accepts it...

Magnificently composed using CB10 on my BB Z10!
    01-23-14 02:05 PM
    That is something for BlackBerry to work on!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 04:22 PM