Hi there,

I made a big mistake and did not see or know that I had to decrypt the data on my media card BEFORE I install the leak.

So I ran the upgrade of the 10.2.1 leak yesterday on my Z10 - and now I have no access to the complete media card. Neither from my device nor from the computer. ****!

Although I made a full backup from BlackBerry Link software, this - of course - only catched the files on my device.

So, does anyone know how to get back access to my media card?

I am thinking about downgrading the OS to the last "official" version. I hope that I can find the necessary files for this.
    Then I would install the identical OS as before the leak upgrade, would decrypt the whole media card, and after this, I would run the leak version (that looks good yet) again.

Looking forward to receiving help for this problem because there are some good information on the media card. Would be great!

Regards from Germany
    Daniel
    Last edited by daniel337; 11-30-13 at 04:38 AM.
    11-30-13 03:58 AM
    I don't think re-installing the previous OS will have any benefit. It will create new encryption keys.

I don't know if restoring full backup from Link restores the encryption keys also. If it does then you can restore from Link (even on current OS) and see if you get back the encryption keys.
    11-30-13 04:44 AM
    Hi there,

I made a big mistake and did not see or know that I had to decrypt the data on my media card BEFORE I install the leak.

So I ran the upgrade of the 10.2.1 leak yesterday on my Z10 - and now I have no access to the complete media card. Neither from my device nor from the computer. ****!

Although I made a full backup from BlackBerry Link software, this - of course - only catched the files on my device.

So, does anyone know how to get back access to my media card?

I am thinking about downgrading the OS to the last "official" version. I hope that I can find the necessary files for this.
    Then I would install the identical OS as before the leak upgrade, would decrypt the whole media card, and after this, I would run the leak version (that looks good yet) again.

Looking forward to receiving help for this problem because there are some good information on the media card. Would be great!

Regards from Germany
    Daniel
    No way at all...due to the highest security in place there is absolutely NO WAY...not going to happen. So sorry to have to tell you this....the encryption process itself is what prevents the access to the information. If you were to be able to recover the files it would mean the encryption had not done its job in the first place. You encrypted for just that reason. The one who sets the encryption has to reverse the process first to allow later access to those files. Remember next time to decrypt before any os change...
    11-30-13 04:55 AM