My leap is stuck on 96% security wipe. Tried powering off and on again - it starts the security wipe again ..going very slowly -right now at 56%.
    Downloaded the SIC multiwipe program and when i invoked it it is asking for the device but Leap is not listed on the list - all I have is STL1, NON STL1, Z3, Passport, BBOS. I'm not sure whether my leap is STL1 or non STL1. What should I do??. Any help would be appreciated.
    Shirish smarty likes this.
    11-20-15 10:03 AM
    Just install the autoloader, doesn't need to do security wipe or anything

White Passport SQW100-1
    11-20-15 10:22 AM
    Just install the autoloader, doesn't need to do security wipe or anything

White Passport SQW100-1
    Autoloader doesn't recognize my phone as its in the security wipe mode
    11-20-15 10:24 AM
    Gotta wait it out, mine Passport was doing it one time for 3 days and was crawling at 98%, I'm sure it will ride it out but sometimes it takes an eternity. Hang in there, it will work again.
    11-20-15 10:27 AM
    Gotta wait it out, mine Passport was doing it one time for 3 days and was crawling at 98%, I'm sure it will ride it out but sometimes it takes an eternity. Hang in there, it will work again.
    This is my primary phone - so can't afford to wait days.
    Going back to the original question, what option do I choose for SIC multi wipe? This is supposed to do the job - I want to make sure i sure the right option.
    11-20-15 10:30 AM
    update - even the SIC multiwipe doesnt seem to recognize the phone
    It says connecting to bootrom....

How else can i get this phone restored?
    11-20-15 10:40 AM
    My passport got stuck on security wipe yesterday. connect to link reboot 3 times and reload software

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 10:50 AM
    update - even the SIC multiwipe doesnt seem to recognize the phone
    It says connecting to bootrom....

How else can i get this phone restored?
    Once happened to me and I restarted my device, a Z30, untill it started to wipe really fast. The first time it was eternal...I remember that in 18 hours it was still at 50%. So, try to restart it...

Posted via CB 10
    11-20-15 10:50 AM
    Do hard reset during BlackBerry connected to PC. Sometime you have to do that many times, but finally autoloader will see your device.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 11:16 AM
    update - opened BB link on my pc and tried software restore, it failed few times but the LED turned green. After 10 mins, it booted up..Woo!!
    Finally back in business. Not sure exactly what happened. But I didn't do any autoloader ..
    11-20-15 11:53 AM
    Reload is via BlackBerry Link

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 02:17 PM
    bro i too got the same issue on my leap...did u found any solution for this...plsss help me...what should i doo...what should i install on my pc and while i was connecting my phn to pc it too didnt recognise while performing security wipe
    09-23-16 02:28 AM
    Start autoloader, plug in usb cable and turn on the phone.. thats it

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 11:48 AM
    In pretty sure your leap was encrypted... I noticed that it is faster to security wipe when you're not encrypted.... next time make sure you are not encrypted before you security wipe

Posted via CB10
    09-24-16 01:46 PM
    I'm getting worried about how long this security wipe is going to take. I am at 19 1/2 hrs and sitting at 98%. From 94%-98% took 10hrs. Seems like each percent increase takes longer and longer. I am already taking the morning off work waiting for this to complete.

Should I try restarting the device or wait out the last 2%. Can anyone confirm if restating the device speeds up the wipe process?
    10-03-16 11:39 AM
    Found this forum solution that is working for everyone

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...sport-1032289/
    10-03-16 12:00 PM
    Pull battery for reset or long hold power button for 5-10 seconds, The wiped will continue.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-16 10:38 AM
    I can confirm that the security wipe does eventually complete.

My Classic took about 4 weeks... I plugged it in and checked it once a week.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-06-16 03:16 PM
    I can confirm that the security wipe does eventually complete.

My Classic took about 4 weeks... I plugged it in and checked it once a week.
    That is a scream.
    10-06-16 05:04 PM
    You can try this

In CFP type: cfp wipe -f

After completed, type: cfp resetqnxosregion

After that is done type cfp load -f "name.of.the.os.signed.file.but.without.the.quotat ion.marks"
    10-17-16 10:44 AM
    Bro this happened to my leap too.. it took two days and stayed at 96%.. to resolve this issue.. I just connected my leap to BlackBerry link on my lappy and selected reload OS.. then BlackBerry link automatically detected my leap and it took 30mins for my leap to become normal for use. And my friendly advice is.. never security wipe BlackBerry unless you are selling it.. just reload OS in BlackBerry link.. hope this will be helpful

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 03:55 AM
    Bro this happened to my leap too.. it took two days and stayed at 96%.. to resolve this issue.. I just connected my leap to BlackBerry link on my lappy and selected reload OS.. then BlackBerry link automatically detected my leap and it took 30mins for my leap to become normal for use. And my friendly advice is.. never security wipe BlackBerry unless you are selling it.. just reload OS in BlackBerry link.. hope this will be helpful

Posted via CB10
    You can do it. Just start the security wipe and then restart your mobile as the wipe begins the process would complete in less than 30 mins..

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    10-24-16 06:13 AM
    My Z10 got stuck on 98% for longer than 24 hrs. Lost my patience so that's what I did:

1. While phone was busy "wiping" I started BB Link on my PC
    2. Connect phone to USB port - BB Link didn't find it
    3. Did "hard re-boot" (battery pull), " Blackberry" logo show up for a moment and phone went back to "wiping".
    4. Because I'm not a patient man I didn't want to wait to see it stuck again so I just kept hard rebooting the phone just as wiping screen showed up. Did this probably 5 times and then BB Link detected the phone and I clicked on Restore OS.
    That's it.
    10-26-16 10:37 PM
    Just a friendly reminder that the security wipe takes a long time for a reason.

If you're truly interested in wiping the phone clean it is probably best to wait the few weeks for it to finish.
    10-27-16 09:10 AM