This may well be a silly question but it's one that's been on my mind for a while now and has been resurrected by the recent 'leak':

What, in particle terms, is the difference between installing via an autoloader or blitzing the files? Is one anymore efficient? Does one give you more control over what loads? ETC.

I currently blitz but am wondering if I'm missing out

Cheers
    10-24-17 07:53 AM
    What does blitzing mean?

Some of us take the blitz and radio files and make an Autoloader. For me an Autoloader allows for a clean install of the OS, and then I manually recreate account and add other apps.

Using a blitz file to mimic an OTA update... allows you to not loose and data and not to have to deal with rebuilding your phone. Should make of a very easy transition, if all goes well.

The issue is when it doesn't all go well.... I've had devices brick trying to do an OTA installation, which means I got to do a clean install anyway. I've had things get very buggy (especially the contact app) that required a clean install anyway. From the early days, I just got in the habit of doing a clean install.... at this point with BB10.3.3, not sure it is as necessary or not. Just works for me.
    10-24-17 08:10 AM
    What does blitzing mean?

Some of us take the blitz and radio files and make an Autoloader. For me an Autoloader allows for a clean install of the OS, and then I manually recreate account and add other apps.

Using a blitz file to mimic an OTA update... allows you to not loose and data and not to have to deal with rebuilding your phone. Should make of a very easy transition, if all goes well.

The issue is when it doesn't all go well.... I've had devices brick trying to do an OTA installation, which means I got to do a clean install anyway. I've had things get very buggy (especially the contact app) that required a clean install anyway. From the early days, I just got in the habit of doing a clean install.... at this point with BB10.3.3, not sure it is as necessary or not. Just works for me.
    Thanks for the explanation, kinda knew that but not a tech head so needed confirmation. Apologies for the terminology.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-17 09:54 AM
    Autoloader: Destructive... Wipes device... Clean install. Backup before using if you want to keep any of your data.

Blitz: Non-destructive, similar to OTA update. If it fails, see Autoloader above.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    10-24-17 04:19 PM
    How do I use BLITZ to update my BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-23-18 05:54 AM