01-21-14 04:00 AM
41 12
tools
    Hi guys, I am having the same problem with my STL 100-1, on Tigo Colombia provider, since I'm using 10.2 versions I can connect to internet with some android apps and having that annoying "not connection " messages in others...
    Now I'm using 10.2.1.1925, used before all the leaks that came out, with the same results. And also the battery calibration issue.

Working : Instagram, aptoide, skype.
    Not working : even BlackBerry World ports Waze, YouTube, Maps, clash of clans.

But it is just happening on 3g, on wifi they all work perfectly.

Hope we finally can find a solution for this.

Happy new year folks.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:07 AM
    Just out of curiosity: did you happen to be on 3g when installing the ones that work and on wifi when installing the ones that don't work??

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:10 AM
    I'm always on 3g, and installed them on 3g, but reading this forums heard that sometimes it works on wifi, so i tried and they do worked for me also on wifi.

I also tried opening them on wifi and while running the app, turn off wifi, so maybe the app continues working over mobile, but no luck with that.

I wonder what is different in the apps that some do connect to internet mobile and others don't.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 08:43 AM
    mikr009876: Is this supposed to be a sarcastic remark?

Anyway, apparently Android runtime connectivity went on and off randomly during restart, so I just have to hard-reset it over and over until my Z10 get the connection right by itself .

Thanks all,
    tea1990
    How do you exactly hard reset the STL 100-1?

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 09:06 AM
    Say what?
    Never ever had that STL100-1
    Be glad lol. Sometimes it can be great having, but sometimes it's just a pita.

Posted via CB10

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    I've always been suggested to hold the power button till the red light shows or till the blue circle shows up
    12-29-13 09:23 AM

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    Hold down and keep holding the power button until you see the BlackBerry logo come on the screen

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    12-29-13 09:57 AM
    Thank you both guys.

I tried, and didn't work. I'm going to try reinstalling OS.

Let you know my findings.

Regards.

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 11:17 AM
    i'm very satisfied owner of STL100-1
    yes leaked usually late for STL100-1, but in just short period someone in CD kind enough to share it for us all.
    trouble? exepected!
    because this is first generation of the kind with OS10
    beside that leaked OS, we should knew that leaked OS is not officially supported and will contain bug(s)
    last but not least: knowledge and logic one has is not enough to overcome (expected bug(s))

IMHO...
    12-29-13 12:44 PM
    ... I also tried opening them on wifi and while running the app, turn off wifi, so maybe the app continues working over mobile, but no luck with that.

I wonder what is different in the apps that some do connect to internet mobile and others don't.

Posted via CB10
    I was also curious about this. Based from my observation usually the ones that won't connect properly into 3G data connection are the ones with streaming capability. Whether it's voice call (like Line Messenger) or video streaming (EagleEyes). CMIIW. Some regular application however, have connectivity problem as well but only if you look carefully. E.g. in Path, what happens is that you will be able to access contents, but it won't load People who've seen this post and you'll be unable to post comments or contents, like picture, status update etc..

But here's how I got it work; I will put my Z10 on data connection (no WiFi) hard-reboot my Z10, wait till it loads Blackberry 10 title, wait again for 1-2 mins and then start the Android app that causes the "no connectivity" which in my case that would be EagleEyes+. If it says no connection, I reboot again. Again and again until it catches up with the 3G and finally connect normally. This could be really frustrating and takes up a lot of your time and battery but for whatever reason that's the way I do it with my Z10. You got to find yourself time and charger by your side if you want to go this way. If I'm lucky I can get Android running on 3G in 2-3 hard-reboot (not soft-restarting the device), and probably 7-8+ hard-reboots until the dumb Android starts detecting connection.

You might wonder if there is an easier method, but I still haven't found any. I have tried putting Ghost Commander and launch Android Settings to turn on/off airplane mode for Android runtime thinking it might reset the connection, but so far the result is nil.

Hope that helps,
    tea1990
    12-29-13 01:25 PM
    Thank you Tea, I will try that method.

Yep I thought the same that the problem was just with streaming apps like YouTube that I can browse the videos and everything but can't streaming them. But line works, even videos in Instagram works, skype works great maybe better than android phones? But I'm not lucky with Clash of clans and YouTube and some others on mobile, because as I said on wifi everything is ok.

Btw reinstalling the os, without back up anything didn't fix the issue.

I like trying to find solution to the issues on my leaked-os.

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    12-29-13 02:51 PM
    You should probably report this on BlackBerry beta zone. Maybe BlackBerry can work this out.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    12-29-13 03:35 PM

Yep I thought the same that the problem was just with streaming apps like YouTube that I can browse the videos and everything but can't streaming them. But line works, even videos in Instagram works, skype works great maybe better than android phones? But I'm not lucky with Clash of clans and YouTube and some others on mobile, because as I said on wifi everything is ok.

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    Is Skype still duplicating contacts? want to install on my Z10 from AT&T but a bit ....hesitant
    12-30-13 01:24 PM
    Jagr

For me in this built skype is not duplicating contacts. Use to happened on 1055.

Regards.

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 08:29 AM
    Hi,

Same problem here. Most of the Andorid ported application which requires internet connection including ones downloaded from BlackberryWorld could not connect to internet and gives an error. My banking application (İşCep), Tripadvisor, Godaddy etc. all gives an error about no internet connection. They are not working even WiFi connection. All of them are working fine with the oficial firmware.

Even, I could not login with Outllok account to Skype, i can only login with Skype account. I think outlook login requires different connection mechanism than Skype login.

Any suggestion? I tried hard boot solution but no success.

I checked my android setting with Ghost Commander and there is no mobile network available.

Thanks,
    Last edited by ugoker; 01-03-14 at 03:43 AM.
    01-03-14 03:29 AM

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    Guys finally got the answer to this situation, there is nothing with the OS, I tried with the same operator just standard data plan and all the apps connect to internet and worked perfectly. Seems like the problem belongs to my data plan, which is still BIS, and for some reason generates incompatibility with DROID apps. Which is very logical.

Anyway if I find the way to fix it without leaving my BIS I will let you know. I wanna keep it since is Unlimited and cheaper than limited 2gb standard data plan in my country.

Anyone have any idea??

Stl 100-1 Os 10.2.1.1925
    01-20-14 06:12 PM
    I also solved the problem. I only changed device language to English (UK). Now everything is working fine. Now i need to find a way to make Google Play Services work. Before it was working fine but now it is not.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 04:00 AM
41 12