01-29-17 02:14 PM
29 12
tools
    Lol. Funnily this problem now effects me after I did the official OS update.
    "Funnily"! I like it. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 07:43 AM
    My work email, through Exchange, clears itself off my device every so often. Sometimes I put in my device password (IT requirement), then the device asks again, but clears my email off.

That was a known Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) issue with some builds of 10.2.1.

It has been remedied in 10.2.1.2141/10.2.1.2102.
    03-14-14 12:11 AM
    Lol. Funnily this problem now effects me after I did the official OS update.
    Same here. Shouldn't do this, shouldn't do. On 10.3.2 everything was smooth and battery OK.
    Why I am always upgrading? Shame on me. First they ruined search form 10.2 where you can just hit search and instantly type commands. Not any more after they added stupid, slow like molasses assistant. Now this.

I disconnected Android wifi as per linked thread, but no change - system+PIM on approx 50% together. Phone is hot. Going to delete and enable all email accounts again...
    01-29-17 12:05 PM
    Same here. Shouldn't do this, shouldn't do. On 10.3.2 everything was smooth and battery OK.
    Why I am always upgrading? Shame on me. First they ruined search form 10.2 where you can just hit search and instantly type commands. Not any more after they added stupid, slow like molasses assistant. Now this.

I disconnected Android wifi as per linked thread, but no change - system+PIM on approx 50% together. Phone is hot. Going to delete and enable all email accounts again...

If you installed the new OS using an autoloader or restored a backup, you need to give the device a lot of time to re-populate and re-index various Hub/PIM/App databases before it will return to normal utilization and not be hot any more. (The heat is generated while the device uses lots of CPU cycles to do the aforemented re-population/indexing tasks)

What BlackBerry IMHO SHOULD have done is provide some feedback to users about this high-activity process going on in the background, and give some indication of how far along it is and how long it will take to finish. Instead, people always complain about "hot phones" and keep restarting or re-loading their devices thinking this will fix it, but the only thing you can do is wait until it is done and keep it near a charger as the process can drain the battery very quickly if not plugged-in.

Another reason for the PIM process taking up a lot of CPU is if it has trouble with syncing one or more accounts. In the past people have found that it got wedged with one or more accounts with bad credentials or bad network connectivity that caused it to get into this kind of process loop.

In that case, I would suggest either deleting accounts one at a time until you find the culprit, or just enable them one-by-one and wait for each account to completely sync before adding the next account. This includes accounts like Dropbox, Box, Twitter, Gtalk, etc.
    01-29-17 02:14 PM
29 12