12-19-13 06:36 AM
33 12
tools
    I think I have run into the first casualty of v10.2.1.1055 with my BlackBerry Q10. I have encryption enabled on both the device and the memory card, which by the way took like 7 hours to encrypt. If you reboot your phone, once the screen comes up don't touch it for another 5 minutes or so. Or pretty much if you reboot your phone, don't touch it for 10 minutes.

For some reason, while everything is still loading in the background, the picture password doesn't work nor does the regular password. If you swipe up it just shows your wallpaper. Once everything does load in, it looks like it interprets your swipes as failed attempts against the 10. The usual prompts finally pop up and ask you to type "blackberry" and then the final one of your password.

If you're not careful, it can go all the way to security wiping by itself. Earlier today I guess I caught it in time and got into my phone on attempt 9 of 10. However, this time around I pushed it too far and am watching it security wipe itself.
    billsterjito likes this.
    11-14-13 04:34 AM
    Oh god! I hate when that happens. It happened to me once and I hated rebuilding the whole thing. Sorry
    11-14-13 04:49 AM
    Ouch. Sorry to hear that happened. Good info to have out there, though. So thanks for posting it. (weird to say sorry and thanks in the same post.)

Posted via CB10 from my seksi Z10 (STL100-3 | OS 10.2.0.1791/.811 Radio and a bunch of bars from newer builds, too.)
    11-14-13 12:26 PM
    I am having this problem right now! I cannot open my phone. It has not gone to sec wipe on me so I have gotten lucky there. I hope that it will fix itself so I don't have to reinstall this leak, picture password will be getting turned off if I get everything back up and running.
    11-14-13 10:46 PM
    Just confirmed that picture password may may not work for people who has work email with IT policy implemented.

My work requires that I need a password, but I can either only use the regular or simple password method. The option for picture password disappears in the settings.

I can get it to show up, then set it, but it will not work.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:31 PM
    I left my phone over night too settle down and still cannot open unlock it. Just re-loading the leak right now, I will not be using picture password again.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    11-15-13 07:32 AM
    If I get the picture pass wrong 5 times, it makes me type "blackberry"

Picture Password and Encryption-img_20131214.png

before the 6th attempt. (leaving 5 attempts)

Picture Password and Encryption-img_20131215.png

After typing "blackberry" it prompts for the "numerical" password you also have active.

Picture Password and Encryption-img_20131216.png

I am not sure how you guys are getting to the 6th attempt without requiring to use your numerical password first.
    11-15-13 07:55 AM
    If I get the picture pass wrong 5 times, it makes me type "blackberry"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131214.png 
Views:	1765 
Size:	812.9 KB 
ID:	221009

before the 6th attempt. (leaving 5 attempts)

Name:	IMG_20131215.png 
Views:	1761 
Size:	463.2 KB 
ID:	221010

After typing "blackberry" it prompts for the "numerical" password you also have active.

Name:	IMG_20131216.png 
Views:	1757 
Size:	166.2 KB 
ID:	221011

I am not sure how you guys are getting to the 6th attempt without requiring to use your numerical password first.
    Same here! Haven't had any issues with picture password! It's been amazing for me and I'm loving the feature!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    11-15-13 08:09 AM
    It wouldn't even take me to a screen that allowed for a number password, When I swipe up to unlock it would just make the Wallpaper darker and I could do nothing after that. Oh well, I'll just stick to easy password for now! I'll not risk getting locked out again.

Posted via CB10
    DrWormBoy likes this.
    11-15-13 09:56 AM
    Just confirmed that picture password may may not work for people who has work email with IT policy implemented.

My work requires that I need a password, but I can either only use the regular or simple password method. The option for picture password disappears in the settings.

I can get it to show up, then set it, but it will not work.

Posted via CB10
    I found a way around this. I did a security wipe again on my phone and just added my personal email.

I downloaded an android app "mail droid" to view my emails for work. The app is in no comparison to the built-in email system.

Now I can use the picture password.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 03:00 PM
    I cannot get the picture password to load after rebooting my phone, its blank when i swipe up. Help please?
    11-15-13 07:21 PM
    Opposite problem.. picture password worked, but I chose 7 and the screen only had two 7s on it next time it locked. Either one I brought to the spot didn't work. I got to attempt 6 and typed blackberry then my password and turned picture password off. I don't need that grief, I can't seem to figure out the rules around it... It seems destined to lock me out of my phone one day

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 11-15-13 at 10:30 PM.
    11-15-13 09:28 PM
    This happened to me, I had to wipe the device through link. I think I have an idea though, don't use a picture off your sd card, use one straight off the device. It seems on startup it has too much trouble loading the pic up from the sd card as it is still trying to index
    11-15-13 11:20 PM
    This happened to me, I had to wipe the device through link. I think I have an idea though, don't use a picture off your sd card, use one straight off the device. It seems on startup it has too much trouble loading the pic up from the sd card as it is still trying to index
    I do not have an SD card and no other pics except the default ones from the OS.
    When I set up picture password, there is a circle around your selected number to guide you where you are placing your number.
    However, when you confirm or actually using the picture password, the circle is not there. It seems that there is a very small margin of acceptable deviation from where you move your number during setup (vs where you happen to move it during confirmation/actual use).
    With my fat fingers, I am having a hard time putting it in a very near exact spot. And with the circle guide not present, it is really easy to get up to 5 errors.
    11-15-13 11:48 PM
    tried it and turned it off while reading all this. phew, never turning it on again, ever.
    11-16-13 12:01 AM
    Might be a problem when I'm drunk ha

Posted via CB10
    Prince Radebe likes this.
    11-16-13 12:16 AM
    I do not have an SD card and no other pics except the default ones from the OS.
    When I set up picture password, there is a circle around your selected number to guide you where you are placing your number.
    However, when you confirm or actually using the picture password, the circle is not there. It seems that there is a very small margin of acceptable deviation from where you move your number during setup (vs where you happen to move it during confirmation/actual use).
    With my fat fingers, I am having a hard time putting it in a very near exact spot. And with the circle guide not present, it is really easy to get up to 5 errors.
    You don't need to actually drag the number itself. Just slide the number grid from anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-16-13 12:20 AM
    tried it and turned it off while reading all this. phew, never turning it on again, ever.
    Good move
    11-16-13 02:59 AM
    You don't need to actually drag the number itself. Just slide the number grid from anywhere.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks chaz for that info.
    I tried it and although I can now see where I am dragging the number into, I still say that there is a very small margin of acceptable deviation from where you drop it during setup vs where actually moving it into.
    Heck, even had 3 errors when confirming the location during the setup process... I guess it is not for me and I will just keep it turned off...
    11-16-13 07:06 AM
    The fact is this is NOT a good unlocking method if:
    You're in a hurry.
    You're moving (walking, car, bus, etc)
    You have shaking hands...

It takes so fking long to match your number with the image, it needs an accurate movement to work, otherwise you will get an error... its a no go for me.
    I cant understand why we cant get the amazing lock with pattern method, its damn accurate, simple, fast and reliable.
    11-16-13 08:22 AM
    The fact is this is NOT a good unlocking method if:
    You're in a hurry.
    You're moving (walking, car, bus, etc)
    You have shaking hands...

It takes so fking long to match your number with the image, it needs an accurate movement to work, otherwise you will get an error... its a no go for me.
    I cant understand why we cant get the amazing lock with pattern method, its damn accurate, simple, fast and reliable.
    I am having no problems doing this. I was playing with it while I was walking home. I wanted to see how reliable it was. Best part is, I can unlock my phone comfortably knowing someone is behind my shoulders. They wouldn't have a single clue what I just did.

I don't know how others are having problems.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-16-13 08:30 AM
    I am having no problems doing this. I was playing with it while I was walking home. I wanted to see how reliable it was. Best part is, I can unlock my phone comfortably knowing someone is behind my shoulders. They wouldn't have a single clue what I just did.

I don't know how others are having problems.

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah, its an interesting concept but (just for me) horribly executed, no shaking hands or whatsoever and even on repose my own thumb wont let me see the right-tiny-specific place to put the damn number.
    And concerning to the "rubbernecks" in pattern lock you can hide the draw path, making it a bit difficult to find it out.
    11-16-13 10:25 AM
    Okay. So I am having this problem now, did anyone yet find a fix to this in any way? I just spent like 4 hours getting all of my email accounts straight and everything, I'm going to be sick...
    11-16-13 06:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    This is the best way to do it.

Also, it helps to find a reference point on the picture to perfectly align the number to: a straight edge, a spot, an object, whatever. That way you're sure to hit your spot every time.

Don't give up on this so fast - it's not that bad of a learning curve, folks!...

Posted via CB10
    vgorous and Derlitz like this.
    11-16-13 07:14 PM
    Had to wipe my phone twice with link. Same as other users after a hard reset would swipe up but nothing would happen would just make the background darker. Was using the default picture to.

To bad as I really like this feature.

Posted on my Huge Z30
    11-17-13 01:09 AM
33 12