07-07-15 11:35 PM
60 123
tools
    Let me correct you. An OTA update will only ever UPDATE a device to a later version, it will NOT downgrade a device to an earlier version; ever.
    Posted via CB10
    Say WHO?!?
    Are you BB engineer? Do you know something more than others? Say more ..
    .. or is it simply your "another barrier in mind" ?

OTA update from BB will do anything, what BB want.
    I don't see reason why not. I have not mind barriers.
    07-07-15 12:02 PM
    Say WHO?!?
    Are you BB engineer? Do you know something more than others? Say more ..
    .. or is it simply your "another barrier in mind" ?

OTA update from BB will do anything, what BB want.
    I don't see reason why not. I have not mind barriers.
    I suggest you learn what a blacklist is before posting and looking silly.

The blacklist on BB10 devices is hard-coded into the device; this means the device will not allow any OS version blacklisted to install, period. There are no if's, and's or but's about it.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 01:30 PM
    Just something to think about. Many posters in this forum have said that the latest Verizon update came on their phones even though they had updates turned off. Also, the latest Verizon update gives you no choice but to accept it. It also says that your phone will reboot in 48 hours if you don't reboot it manually yourself. How did Verizon/BlackBerry have so much control over a device with just an over the air update? How did the update occur even with the option disabled?
    So I guess that unless you are a BlackBerry engineer and know for certain what you are talking about, maybe you should be open minded to the fact that the carriers and BlackBerry have far more control over our phones then we realized.
    07-07-15 03:15 PM

The blacklist on BB10 devices is hard-coded into the device; this means the device will not allow any OS version blacklisted to install, period. There are no if's, and's or but's about it.

Posted via CB10
    So how can you edit the blacklist? There must be a way for them to get around the blacklist in specific cases.

Anyone knows why they have created the blacklist in the first place?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 03:18 PM
    So how can you edit the blacklist? There must be a way for them to get around the blacklist in specific cases.

Posted via CB10
    You can't edit the blacklist.
    And it was put there for anti-theft reasons. The anti-theft feature of blackberry protect so that whoever steals your phone won't be able to downgrade it
    07-07-15 03:38 PM
    Just something to think about. Many posters in this forum have said that the latest Verizon update came on their phones even though they had updates turned off. Also, the latest Verizon update gives you no choice but to accept it. It also says that your phone will reboot in 48 hours if you don't reboot it manually yourself. How did Verizon/BlackBerry have so much control over a device with just an over the air update? How did the update occur even with the option disabled?
    So I guess that unless you are a BlackBerry engineer and know for certain what you are talking about, maybe you should be open minded to the fact that the carriers and BlackBerry have far more control over our phones then we realized.
    The update is mandatory on Verizon; hence why it says Mandatory Update when you receive it; I know because I'm on Verizon. It's mandatory because of the kill switch legislation being passed in many states here in the US.

This is all public information, claiming ignorance is not a valid excuse.

Posted via CB10
    I can't edit it, you can't edit it; the only one who can is BlackBerry, but they will not edit the blacklist to allow downgrading to any OS that does not include the anti-theft code implemented in 10.3.2, this should be common sense but somehow it unfortunately isn't.

You can't edit the blacklist.
    And it was put there for anti-theft reasons. The anti-theft feature of blackberry protect so that whoever steals your phone won't be able to downgrade it
    Finally, someone who gets it.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 07:25 PM
    The update is mandatory on Verizon; hence why it says Mandatory Update when you receive it; I know because I'm on Verizon. It's mandatory because of the kill switch legislation being passed in many states here in the US.

This is all public information, claiming ignorance is not a valid excuse.
    You obviously have no idea what I wrote. Maybe you should read it again before flinging names around. I KNOW the update is mandatory. That was not my point at all. If you don't or can't understand what I wrote, then maybe you shouldn't have commented on it like you are a know it all.
    07-07-15 08:00 PM
    I'm having an incredibly hard time believing this. The blacklist would have prevented the downgrade; through autoloader, link or OTA.

I suspect that neither of you were actually on 10.3.2; and a picture of the about screen showing 10.3.1 doesn't prove a downgrade. As condescending as it may sound, I assure I mean no disrespect.

Posted via CB10
    You need believe it. I run BB10 phones and they were all down graded. The only one that didn't is the white Z10 that I disconnected and use WiFi occasionally.

Edit: they are all on VZW
    lift likes this.
    07-07-15 09:08 PM
    Let me correct you. An OTA update will only ever UPDATE a device to a later version, it will NOT downgrade a device to an earlier version; ever.

Posted via CB10
    Yes it will and it has. Like my first post on this thread, Verizon will only update(if that's what we're going to call it) a certain block on the OS, not the entire OS. Like I mentioned on the first post, pretty much all the apps and OS will still be 10.2 or whatever you installed it with. Any OS not approved by VZW can have effects on networking such as VZW cloud and other features by Verzion. The network may not recognize the number and or phone. And might reset your password if you try to log in even with the right password the first time around. It doesn't care.
    07-07-15 09:16 PM
    Move along
    07-07-15 11:35 PM
60 123