Wasnt totally sure where to put this so feel free to move it.

I've always been using leaks since the first day I got the passport so I have no idea what the official OS feels like or if it is an issue in the official OS. I noticed that searching from the home screen or when the device is locked is slow to load. This mostly happens with the first load of the day or after it's been idle for a while. Once personal assistant is used and then closed, every subsequent search starts up almost instantly. Still not quite as fast as universal search before Personal Assistant was created in BB10 but much better.

Summary: first start of personal assistant search is slow to load, subsequent searches right after is fast. Left idle or rebooted, first start is again slow. Anybody else experiencing this? Anyway to auto cache the app maybe?
    01-04-15 09:18 AM
    If you were to "auto cache" all the apps on the phone...you would need to have enough ram memory to equal all the flash storage of the apps...phone probably wouldn't work all that well...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1949
    01-04-15 01:06 PM
    Wasnt totally sure where to put this so feel free to move it.

I've always been using leaks since the first day I got the passport so I have no idea what the official OS feels like or if it is an issue in the official OS. I noticed that searching from the home screen or when the device is locked is slow to load. This mostly happens with the first load of the day or after it's been idle for a while. Once personal assistant is used and then closed, every subsequent search starts up almost instantly. Still not quite as fast as universal search before Personal Assistant was created in BB10 but much better.

Summary: first start of personal assistant search is slow to load, subsequent searches right after is fast. Left idle or rebooted, first start is again slow. Anybody else experiencing this? Anyway to auto cache the app maybe?
    On the official release, BlackBerry Assistant has made search much, much slower. It's a little faster on leaks, but still far too slow. You should be able to start typing what you want -- person, app name, etc. -- and get it instantly or pretty close to that. 10.2.1 was much faster and so was BBOS, if memory serves. This is one of the coolest things about using a physical keyboard device, but it's now too embarrassing to demo. I wholeheartedly suggest that search and instant actions via keyboard be divorced from the voice control process altogether. It was a cool idea to integrate them in the same app, but the execution turned out to be less than acceptable...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 01:38 PM
    I'm not suggesting you autocache EVERY app. Just this one.
    01-04-15 01:41 PM
    It's a work in progress and stability and speed are coming along. People comparing the 10.2.1 to 10.3+ can't because p.a isn't on there. Universal search has always been fast. P.A is a great tool but in progress, siri,Google now, and Cortana had their slow bumpy starts. Within the next couple of months when 10.3.1 becomes officially released we will see a change. Passport can handle it but the leaks do have memory and battery inconsistencies. Please take that into consideration as well as BlackBerry is working to deliver the goods.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 04:01 PM
    Of course I understand that is a possibility but I've also seen issues like this that could be mitigated by a simple setting. For example, I switched full assistance off... it doesn't seem to load faster but it sure does perform the search faster. If you only need PA as a universal search, switching that setting could be a temporary measure in the right direction.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 07:47 PM
    I've turn off full assistance, and it works pretty darn instant for me to search. I also turned off all extended search options except google.

Posted on the Classic via CB10.
    01-04-15 09:20 PM
    Ideally on touch devices since two finger swipe up brings up keyboard we should be able to quickly search rather than launch personal assistant. Similar to iOS implemented swipe down to bring search.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    01-04-15 10:47 PM
    Very slow. Imho don't like how they changed.
    I think search have to be fastest thing in the phone
    01-05-15 12:16 AM
    I don't see the slowdown on my Z10... I have all search options checked and on full. Very quick results for me...less than 2 seconds.

Crackberry Genius on Verizon Z10/10.3.1.1949
    01-05-15 12:34 AM
    The search isn't that slow, it's STARTING the app that's slow. I often start typing, wait a good few seconds before the app loads, realize that it didn't catch the first few letters and have to erase and retype. Once the app loads, results are pretty quick.

Posted via CB10
    01-05-15 05:22 AM
    It's microseconds faster when left open in active frame and slightly faster with voice response turned off

Posted via CB10 via the Internets
    01-10-15 08:14 PM
    Hey there, the assistance launched a full two seconds after I started typing on 1154, once I loaded 1949, it launched instantly. Perhaps you should try.
    01-10-15 09:38 PM
    That's good news. Unfortunately with the passport I'll have to wait a bit.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:07 PM