01-28-14 10:49 PM
33 12
tools
    I'm just curious to know for people who have not download the 10.2.1 and are waiting for the official version. Is it because you don't want to deal with the hassle? Or is it some other reason like "I have a company Blackberry, IT department does not permit me to install leaks".

Can anybody shed some light on this?
    01-24-14 10:26 PM
    I'm a college student and I can't afford an extra phone for leaks or buy another one in case something goes wrong with this one. All I have is my Q5.

Even though the probability of that happening is really low.

Second, I have a LOT of data and notes that are really important. Even though I backup regularly, the entire process of wipe and restore worries me.

I also depend on my phone a lot, and I need it to be with me all the time. If it's too busy indexing or whatever even for a day I'm screwed.

That's about it. Not very good reasons, so I guess I'm just paranoid. If I had another phone I would happily start loading leaks.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India :- C004A271F
    01-24-14 10:34 PM
    I'm just curious to know for people who have not download the 10.2.1 and are waiting for the official version. Is it because you don't want to deal with the hassle? Or is it some other reason like "I have a company Blackberry, IT department does not permit me to install leaks".

Can anybody shed some light on this?
    Leaks break T-Mobile's WiFi calling. Some people have found ways to make it work but from what it sounds it's imperfect.

Those of us who have terrible cellular signals at home or where ever we spend a lot of time rely heavily on WiFi calling. Such as me.

Other people are afraid of borking their phones even if they're told it's not going to happen. And there's also people that are afraid that once they install the leaks, they won't get official updates.
    01-24-14 10:38 PM
    Breaking wifi calling is perhaps the only real reason not to upgrade. I'd upgrade if it didn't break it.

Posted via CB10
    Wikichick likes this.
    01-24-14 10:50 PM
    I don't have a home wifi connection to load leaks at this time. We have a pc but it's just not connected to the net yet.

Now why do people care so much whether we load leaks or not? Mind your business.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-24-14 10:54 PM
    I don't have a home wifi connection to load leaks at this time. We have a pc but it's just not connected to the net yet.

Now why do people care so much whether we load leaks or not? Mind your business.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    Ouch. You don't have to answer. He's just asking.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 11:35 PM
    Breaking wifi calling is perhaps the only real reason not to upgrade. I'd upgrade if it didn't break it.

Posted via CB10
    It's not the only "real" reason. Some folks just don't have the time to research what to do and how to do it. Loading these destructive leaks have their own sets of issues if steps are missed and the loader is not savvy.

Cell phones are rather important pieces of people's lives so if you are not sure about this, it's probably damn wise to either wait for it on Sachesi or wait for the carrier OTA.
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    01-24-14 11:37 PM
    Verizon (STL100-4) rolled out 10.2.1.1925 today! Three of us on Verizon here in California got it and updated. No issues yet. BTW the radio file in the update is 10.2.1.1899.

Trusted Member Genius
    01-25-14 12:56 AM
    I know from the forums that the leak is stable, and that installation is pretty foolproof with the autoloader. I'm pretty tech savvy, certainly enough to know what I'm doing.

That said, I just don't really want to risk my phone whilst I'm still under contract, and I don't really have the time to fix it if I break anything.

That's all really!
    01-25-14 03:43 AM
    I'd leak-up in a second, but also have the wifi-calling issue which not only makes my lousy home reception work (lousy on all carriers BTW), but is important when traveling overseas. In fact, when T-Mo releases their update, I will wait to be sure they didn't pooch wifi-calling.
    01-25-14 06:12 AM
    I haven't downloaded the leak because of the hassle. I also would like to be surprised.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Barljo likes this.
    01-25-14 06:29 AM
    I'm a college student and I can't afford an extra phone for leaks or buy another one in case something goes wrong with this one. All I have is my Q5.

Even though the probability of that happening is really low.

Second, I have a LOT of data and notes that are really important. Even though I backup regularly, the entire process of wipe and restore worries me.

I also depend on my phone a lot, and I need it to be with me all the time. If it's too busy indexing or whatever even for a day I'm screwed.

That's about it. Not very good reasons, so I guess I'm just paranoid. If I had another phone I would happily start loading leaks.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India :- C004A271F
    As far as I can tell, these are probably the best and most clearly stated reasons going.
    Barljo likes this.
    01-25-14 06:44 AM
    At this point you should wait until the 29th to see if it's released by your carrier.

Everything in life is a risk/reward calculation. I assume, despite the praises I and other have heaped on 1925, for some the risk still feels too great. I suspect many would change their mind if they experienced just how good the current leak actually is.

Anyway, I wrote a good set of instructions for installing the leak, look them over and decide if you are willing.
    01-25-14 06:50 AM
    I reverted from leaked to official version.
    I loaded the leak for testing purposes and not for the long run.

The leaked is perfect, though i hate seeing my phone with "No Information Available" under Software Release. IDK, but it keeps bugging me. Plus, I prefer my precious BB Z10 running on Official OS.
    01-25-14 07:55 AM
    Company phone. Don't want to get **** if I mess it up. I can wait 2 weeks for the official. Patience.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 08:03 AM
    I rather not installed leak into my precious Z10 but the last official update actually bricked my phone and I was forced to install the leak...

Posted From Z10 STL100-1
    01-25-14 08:08 AM
    I rather not installed leak into my precious Z10 but the last official update actually bricked my phone and I was forced to install the leak...

Posted From Z10 STL100-1
    You came out a big winner in the risk/reward calculation. Although it may not have felt like that at the time.
    01-25-14 08:23 AM
    I'm not installing leaked OS just for fun, but if it is getting closer to official release then I'll just go back to the original version. Never happened to me to brick the phone from official OS, but it happened couple of times when I installed leaked OS. Anyway it is just me having the disease of trying out new things each time.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 09:13 AM
    It may lead in to data loss and i cannot afford data loss since i depend on my q10 too much. I mainly use for Google navigation or Blackberry Maps, Mobile hotspot, Password Keeper, emails and BBM. Its a hassle to back up all the GPS bookmarks and i don't have a second device.
    01-25-14 09:17 AM
    I dont have the time, and the current os is good enough for me. I dont have time to have a phone thats not functioning properly as i need to be available at all time and need my phone.

Black cards, Black cars - all BlackBerry-thing!
    01-25-14 09:25 AM
    I'm pretty tech savvy but i wont fix something that is not broken.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 09:33 AM
    I'm pretty tech savvy but i wont fix something that is not broken...
    So how's Microsoft DOS working on your computer? Since it isn't broke and all.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-25-14 01:18 PM
    It takes too long especially if a new one is just going to roll out, especially with people saying I should do a full wipe with no restore. It takes a good 2-3 hours to set up all the email accounts, calendars, and apps all over again for me. That said, i don't know how much additional time i would save by loading the official OS as I may have to reinstall the apps (at least the Android ones) anyhow.
    01-25-14 01:28 PM
    I use my phone heavily for work so I normally don't load leaks as I can't afford to have my riddled with bugs. I made an exception this time because I was running the 10.2.1.1925 as a part of the BES BETA, and I blew up my phone when I tried to upgrade the radio. Since I couldn't get the BETA OS back through BlackBerry Link, I went ahead and loaded the leak since it was the same version.

My dad waits for official releases. He is nervous about dorking his phone and I got him to agree to use an official build through Sachesi, but that was a stretch.

In summary its a risk versus reward scenario and I tend to be cautious because I can't be w/o my phone for long.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    01-25-14 02:04 PM
    In summary its a risk versus reward scenario and I tend to be cautious because I can't be w/o my phone for long.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    This.

Black cards, Black cars - all BlackBerry-thing!
    01-25-14 02:51 PM
33 12