Anyone had any success connecting a Pebble to 10.3.2.680?

Just upgraded, and I'm unable to go back so I can't diagnose this as an OS issue and revert, and I'm trying to sync my Pebble up.

I get it to connect, it adds the device profile and I confirm the Bluetooth code on the Pebble, but it never asks to confirm on my Passport!

Any ideas? :s

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.680

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2708
    BruceFlea478 likes this.
    05-30-15 07:27 PM
    It works great for me on 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 07:39 PM
    It works great for me on 10.3.2.

Posted via CB10
    Same version? Or 10.3.2.500?

Edit:

Odd, it seems that by uninstalling and then connecting, and then installing pebble again, it works. Odd :\

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.680
    05-30-15 07:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 08:23 PM
    Same version? Or 10.3.2.500?

Edit:

Odd, it seems that by uninstalling and then connecting, and then installing pebble again, it works. Odd :\

I just spent the evening working on this issue while I was watching my Hawks beat the Ducks 5-3 and going on to the Stanley Cup Finals. I always thought hockey was a Canadian sport. Sorry, couldn't resist. Most of the best players are Canadian, anyway.

As I've been discussing on the Findings and Fixes thread for 680, I think this is all part of the BT connection issues with Passports and/or 680.

Couple of temporary and partial workarounds. If you're using Talk2Watch Pro, make sure you're using the latest version. And it will take several tries, maybe, to get T2W to connect with the Pebble, assuming the Pebble will stay connected in BT. Then, try to use the previous version of Hub2Watch, if you can get it--I forget the version number--so that you can load that version's H2W watch face onto the Pebble. You may have to contact Rodger Leblanc for it. Then you can use the updated version of H2W with the older watch face and it will work. I'm sure Roger will come out with something very soon that works properly. Meanwhile, 680 seems to be very problematic with all BT connections and apps, unless it's the Passport hardware itself, but even so, there should be an OS workaround for it as there was with the flickering problem. That is, if BB pays attention to this and fixes it.

Edit: Rodger also says to delete the Pebble app once the Pebble has been initialized--you should need it again. The whole thing is a lot of work, so far as I'm concerned, for little gain.
    Last edited by KenV54; 05-31-15 at 12:14 AM.
    05-30-15 11:59 PM
    I just spent the evening working on this issue while I was watching my Hawks beat the Ducks 5-3 and going on to the Stanley Cup Finals. I always thought hockey was a Canadian sport. Sorry, couldn't resist. Most of the best players are Canadian, anyway.

As I've been discussing on the Findings and Fixes thread for 680, I think this is all part of the BT connection issues with Passports and/or 680.

Couple of temporary and partial workarounds. If you're using Talk2Watch Pro, make sure you're using the latest version. And it will take several tries, maybe, to get T2W to connect with the Pebble, assuming the Pebble will stay connected in BT. Then, try to use the previous version of Hub2Watch, if you can get it--I forget the version number--so that you can load that version's H2W watch face onto the Pebble. You may have to contact Rodger Leblanc for it. Then you can use the updated version of H2W with the older watch face and it will work. I'm sure Roger will come out with something very soon that works properly. Meanwhile, 680 seems to be very problematic with all BT connections and apps, unless it's the Passport hardware itself, but even so, there should be an OS workaround for it as there was with the flickering problem. That is, if BB pays attention to this and fixes it.

Edit: Rodger also says to delete the Pebble app once the Pebble has been initialized--you should need it again. The whole thing is a lot of work, so far as I'm concerned, for little gain.
    Once I deleted it once, it seemed to stay connected and reconnect no problem

Also used the Pebble app last night so I could get the stats on my watch without needing to look at my phone. If it were easier to contact the dev I'd suggest trying to allow the ESPN scores pass-through in T2W so we don't need to switch between apps.

05-31-15 10:52 AM
    I'm curious, having seen your post today on the Ultimate Waiting Room thread--is your Pebble working seamlessly (other than controlling music playback) on your Passport with 680? That is, do you use T2W and Hub2Watch, and the BT stays connected?

I simply cannot make this work consistently. I can get the Pebble connected, and after several tries I can get some T2W and H2W watch faces loaded on it. I can't get the ESPN watch face installed no matter what, either from Pebble or from T2W.

This seems to tie in with the whole Passport-10.3.2.680 BT connection issue which, despite all the many posts in various threads here, seems to elude everyone. For some people with Passport (either the unlocked or AT&T version) and 680, all BT is working well (Pebble, headsets, etc.), and for others, not at all.

I'm on the verge of trying to get yet another replacement Passport, which would mean no OS upgrade past 10.3.1.2744 until this is all resolved. This has got to be one of the most frustrating, even if not major, issues yet with Passport, and it hasn't been helped at all by the non-downgradeable 10.3.2 OS situation. Yes, I know, I have no right to complain after having loaded this beta/leak, but it still represents a failure on the part of BlackBerry to address these problems in a timely manner. This is symptomatic of BlackBerry's current place in the smartphone world.
    Last edited by KenV54; 06-01-15 at 11:48 AM.
    06-01-15 11:25 AM
    I'm curious, having seen your post today on the Ultimate Waiting Room thread--is your Pebble working seamlessly (other than controlling music playback) on your Passport with 680? That is, do you use T2W and Hub2Watch, and the BT stays connected?

I simply cannot make this work consistently. I can get the Pebble connected, and after several tries I can get some T2W and H2W watch faces loaded on it. I can't get the ESPN watch face installed no matter what, either from Pebble or from T2W.

This seems to tie in with the whole Passport-10.3.2.680 BT connection issue which, despite all the many posts in various threads here, seems to elude everyone. For some people with Passport (either the unlocked or AT&T version) and 680, all BT is working well (Pebble, headsets, etc.), and for others, not at all.

I'm on the verge of trying to get yet another replacement Passport, which would mean no OS upgrade past 10.3.1.2744 until this is all resolved. This has got to be one of the most frustrating, even if not major, issues yet with Passport, and it hasn't been helped at all by the non-downgradeable 10.3.2 OS situation. Yes, I know, I have no right to complain after having loaded this beta/leak, but it still represents a failure on the part of BlackBerry to address these problems in a timely manner. This is symptomatic of BlackBerry's current place in the smartphone world.
    I don't actually use H2W, I never got a free promo code for that and Talk2Watch Pro did just about everything I needed, wasn't worth the money for me (don't get me wrong, it's probably a great app!)

But yeah, so far it works seamlessly with my Pebble other than the initial hiccups I had with it at first install. I get emails, texts, bbm's, phone calls, and all that jazz.

My major issue is the Camera having double vision and not focusing for some reason at all unless it close, and the Bluetooth audio in my car only streaming raw audio, no extra data like time left, skip song/previous song, or title/artist/genre/album.

They're both major annoyances, but unfortunately I'm fairly SOL since this phone is past the one-month guarantee from BlackBerry and Rogers will charge me an arm and a leg to replace the device -.-

KenV54 likes this.
    06-01-15 12:35 PM
    Fine for me on 10.3.2.680 and BlackBerry Passport

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:02 AM

Just upgraded, and I'm unable to go back so I can't diagnose this as an OS issue and revert, and I'm trying to sync my Pebble up.

I get it to connect, it adds the device profile and I confirm the Bluetooth code on the Pebble, but it never asks to confirm on my Passport!

Yes mine works flawlessly withTalk2watch and Hub 2 watch. Z10 stl-4 on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-15 07:52 AM

I just updated using leak 10.3.2.798 and pebble bluetooth connects fine. Also talk2watch, hub2watch, caller watch and native pebble apps all work fine.

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    06-04-15 06:18 AM
    Yes, it seems to have been a confused profile and removing and readding the Pebble application as well as forgetting the devices to eachother then readding fixed it.

Only BT issue now is my car often not seeing this as a multimedia device and just as a phone. . .

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-04-15 07:33 AM
    Please, Passport holders, are the problems you describe manifesting on 10.3.2.798? I have a Q10 and my Bluetooth connections run in fact better than with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 01:56 PM
    2.798 work great for the basic messages, calendars etc. I am not running scripts or other apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 03:22 PM
    Please, Passport holders, are the problems you describe manifesting on 10.3.2.798? I have a Q10 and my Bluetooth connections run in fact better than with 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, we're running the absolute latest of the latest OS currently available with these issues...

(though for me personally my Pebble works fine, it's just audio systems it's having troubles with)

06-04-15 05:54 PM
    Yes, we're running the absolute latest of the latest OS currently available with these issues...

(though for me personally my Pebble works fine, it's just audio systems it's having troubles with)

Preliminary report on BT. I'll post a complete report in a while on the 798 Findings and Fixes thread.

I got the replacement Passport from Amazon, loaded with 10.3.0.1418/1419. Both the Plantronics headset and Pebble connected and held without any disconnections. Didn't have to use Pebble app at all. I didn't have Talk2Watch installed on the Passport.

I then upgraded to 10.3.2.680 via Link (rather than using Sachesi and a Blitz file--I don't want BlackBerry support to complain about anything if i have a problem.

On 680, Plantronics is holding great. I haven't tried Pebble yet.

I'm now restoring media and Apps (except for BB Runtime) to the replacement Passport. I think I won't restore the Settings data from the old Passport--it's not so tough to set up and I'm afraid of corrupting the memory with any BT settings that might be left over.

More to come. I'm not sure I'm going to update to 798 if the BT is working well on 680, at least not for a while. That way I can still submit a bug report to BB support if I have to.

I'm going to try to connect to my car BT (Kinivo BTC 450) later after I've completed the setup. That, too, wasn't working at all with the old Passport.
    06-04-15 06:18 PM