10-12-14 06:41 AM
122 ... 2345
tools
    How can I make a full OS for my Q10 using the same method? I don't like the watermarks that come with the current .632 Q10 autoloader..

Posted via CB10
    Deal with it man, you're lucky you have a leak to play with, otherwise go for the stripped down OS...still no love for the Z3 and I'm feeling really agitated

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:08 AM
    Deal with it man, you're lucky you have a leak to play with, otherwise go for the stripped down OS...still no love for the Z3 and I'm feeling really agitated

Posted via CB10
    I just want to know how it's done. If theres a possibility of having a full 10.3.1 OS without watermarks then I want it. You can't blame me.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:23 AM
    Is there a Full 10.3.1 OS for Passport without watermarks?
    10-04-14 09:43 AM
    Why all this fascination with watermarks?

They are a "status" symbol, n'est pas?
    deezy87 likes this.
    10-04-14 09:45 AM
    Is there a Full 10.3.1 OS for Passport without watermarks?
    Not yet

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:45 AM
    So the .634 has no watermark but is Developer?
    10-04-14 09:46 AM
    Yes no watermark but Dev Os not full os

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 09:52 AM

Here's the thing with the watermark: If it works FULLY then it can become a daily driver. To discourage that there are watermarks as it's Not Ready yet and BlackBerry doesn't want people to see a half-baked OS until it is ready.

If it's Developer OS then it's crap for daily driver - on purpose - so there is no need to watermark it. Because it's useless (and can't be made useful) so nobody would use it in public and show off half-baked stuff which is not ready for prime time.

If you want a daily driver which has no watermarks you need to wait until the real deal comes out.
    10-04-14 01:38 PM
    Hi all,

Earlier I posted an issue with Android applications crashing on any 10.3.1.x build which was followed by a Restore (using LINK).

After a lot of poking and prodding I narrowed down the problem and there is a workaround now:

Using LINK to restore - do a "Custom" restore and de-select "BlackBerry Runtime" (It is under Application Data and "Show Details").

After that the restore works exactly as hoped/expected
    10-04-14 01:55 PM
    Thanks dude I'll be running this soon

Passport, it's the optimal viewing experience.
    10-04-14 02:16 PM
    Hi all,

Earlier I posted an issue with Android applications crashing on any 10.3.1.x build which was followed by a Restore (using LINK).

After a lot of poking and prodding I narrowed down the problem and there is a workaround now:

Using LINK to restore - do a "Custom" restore and de-select "BlackBerry Runtime" (It is under Application Data and "Show Details").

Are your advanced interactions working?

If not, Deselect "system applications" as well
    10-04-14 02:28 PM
    Are your advanced interactions working?

If not, Deselect "system applications" as well
    Where you can do that.
    interactions not working in my Q10

Q10 OS 10.3.1.632
    10-04-14 02:32 PM
    Where you can do that.

Q10 OS 10.3.1.632
    Try going into Settings first and turning all the advanced interactions off. Leave the screen, and then turn them all back on. That's what worked for me.

Otherwise this topic is all about doing a Restore first and wrecking things; If the simple trick above doesn't fix it you need to re-flash your Passport and then restore with "Blackberry runtime" unchecked as well as "System Applications" (down at the bottom of the Custom Restore checklist)
    10-04-14 02:36 PM
    Where you can do that.

Q10 OS 10.3.1.632
    You have to create a custom backup first. When rrstoring the backup, expand the application section of the backup and deselect "BlackBerry runtime" and "system applications"

Note: I haven't seen any difference without restoring BlackBerry runtime, but without system applications, you will lose browser bookmarks and a few other things
    10-04-14 02:36 PM
    Hi all.

I installed this revision on 4 devices (the proper OS for the proper device). In the cases where I did a restore from backup the device would not run the Android runtime (although everything else worked). In the devices which I left virgin post install then the Android runtime worked OK.

The easiest way to test this was to try and run the Amazon Appstore - it would ask permission and then immediately die.

Did anyone else run into this issue? I don't REALLY want to secwipe but that runtime is sort of important...
    when you restore it has to be a selective restore. UNCHECK runtime and amazon app store.
    EDIT: sorry, i did not see poster ahead of me already answered this issue.
    10-04-14 03:40 PM
    it should work for the Z3 if a proper 634 DEV OS is found.
    May I ask if you have downloaded http://developer.blackberry.com/nati...1-10.3.634.exe ?
    10-05-14 03:50 AM
    Thur has, and I have the day it dropped, can concur it has z30 radio built in. I don't know if anything has changed since.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    10-05-14 03:52 AM
    Why all this fascination with watermarks?
    They are a "status" symbol, n'est pas?
    Agreed . . . PIN watermarks are a little troublesome only when I post screen copies to CrackBerry. (How I wish watermarks did not include PINs . . .)
    10-05-14 03:54 AM
    Thur has, and I have the day it dropped, can concur it has z30 radio built in. I don't know if anything has changed since.
    Noted with many thanks.
    10-05-14 03:56 AM
    I did, and have been checking it periodically since to see if it's been fixed, it has not.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 09:47 AM
    I noticed I can't paste text into a BBM message. Is this new or something not setup correctly on my phone?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 10:38 AM
    Hi all.

I installed this revision on 4 devices (the proper OS for the proper device). In the cases where I did a restore from backup the device would not run the Android runtime (although everything else worked). In the devices which I left virgin post install then the Android runtime worked OK.

The easiest way to test this was to try and run the Amazon Appstore - it would ask permission and then immediately die.

Did anyone else run into this issue? I don't REALLY want to secwipe but that runtime is sort of important...
    Simply download and install the newer version of the amazon appstore app. Problem solved.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    10-05-14 10:44 AM
    Hi all,

I've never had to do this on any of my devices. Ever. They all work fine after a full restore.

One thing I find always helps after running an autoloader is to perform a security wipe after running the loader. Then, once rebooted, go through the initial setup screens properly, and then put the phone down for about a 1/2 hour. Let it settle in. You'll see the cpu running at about 60% for at least 20 minutes as it initializes the android runtime for the first time, among other behind the scenes tasks. Playing with the device during this time seems to disrupt the initial setup.

Then get the latest amazon appstore app from their website.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.632
    10-05-14 10:55 AM
    Built using the radio/system from 634 Dev and OS from 632. Tested by a passport owner (Thanks Thurask for trusting me enough to test this).

This is the FULL 632 OS, not the crippled 634 developer version

Enjoy

You forgot to mention that there is no Flash in this OS. I subscribe to a couple news channels that use flash to stream the network TV feed and of course they don't work on this OS. BNN is an example and they do not have a BB10 app to do it, just Android and iPad.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:15 AM
    You forgot to mention that there is no Flash in this OS. I subscribe to a couple news channels that use flash to stream the network TV feed and of course they don't work on this OS. BNN is an example and they do not have a BB10 app to do it, just Android and iPad.

Posted via CB10
    Download the android app?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-14 11:19 AM
122 ... 2345