I have tried some of the basic fixes like setting connection to windows not auto detect, unloading/reloading blackberry Link and software plus search the forums but I can seem to find an answer. I have installed for about 4/5 days now and all is working well except I'm unable to do a backup in either program listed in the title. The phone is a Z10 STL-3 and the phone is seen by link and sachesi but every time I attempt to do a backup in Link I get an unable to complete backup. When I try a refresh of data in Sachesi I get nothing. I'm able to browse my drives once the Z10 makes an initial connection to Windows 7. It is really strange, I was able to do an update before this current install. I did an non-destructive install via Rodgers with this install... Any help or information would be appreciated.
    10-21-14 03:31 PM
    Moderator please fix the thread title to remove extra e and add r for correct spelling of BLACKBERRY... Sorry guys that what happens when your in a hurry...
    10-21-14 03:32 PM
    Any help would be appreciated....
    10-21-14 08:36 PM
    I had the same problem. My laptop would not backup my Rogers Z10 running that .1418 leak.. I tried reinstalling link. Tried Sachesi, but I would get disconnected after a while. I was finally able to back up my phone by using another computer. In this case it was an old pc with a Pentium a 4 processor and 2 GB of ram running windows 7.
    Now that I think about it. My laptop is running windows 8.1. That could be why I couldn't back up.
    So my advice would be to try another computer.
    10-21-14 08:42 PM
    Tried my work machine and home machine... both running Windows 7 pro 64 bit and both were able to backup the phone before this release... This is real frustrating...
    10-21-14 09:00 PM
    Have you tried a computer that you haven't linked your phone to before?
    I had never connected my z10 to the desktop I used to successfully do the backup.
    Also in Sachesi have you tried to create back up even though Sachesi cannot return the data file size?
    Check this post (#2775)for xsacha's explanation.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post10986812
    Last edited by 1oo1; 10-21-14 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Added post number
    10-21-14 09:14 PM
    There is a long-time bug in the device firmware that makes backup size checks susceptible to timeouts.
    Basically, do a backup in Sachesi without the sizes showing to work around that.
    1oo1 likes this.
    10-21-14 09:23 PM
    There is a long-time bug in the device firmware that makes backup size checks susceptible to timeouts.
    Basically, do a backup in Sachesi without the sizes showing to work around that.
    xsacha I appreciate the feed back from you and 1oo1 but is the firmware problem something that just popped up with this release? I have been able to do backups with know problem on the three previous releases just not this one. I have tried attempting to do a backup like you stated from Sachesi 1.9.9 but it just sits there and spins and the file never gets any bigger than 1K. My concerns is trying to install another release on top of this one may not work because of these read (backup) problems regarding Link/Sachesi. Just worried at this point the write side may not work and I don't want to attempt to try and then brick the phone. I could always fall back to an autoloader but once again a little worried with the write side of the USB and sure don't want to brick the phone.
    10-22-14 07:03 AM
    xsacha I appreciate the feed back from you and 1oo1 but is the firmware problem something that just popped up with this release? I have been able to do backups with know problem on the three previous releases just not this one. I have tried attempting to do a backup like you stated from Sachesi 1.9.9 but it just sits there and spins and the file never gets any bigger than 1K. My concerns is trying to install another release on top of this one may not work because of these read (backup) problems regarding Link/Sachesi. Just worried at this point the write side may not work and I don't want to attempt to try and then brick the phone. I could always fall back to an autoloader but once again a little worried with the write side of the USB and sure don't want to brick the phone.
    If the backup option doesn't work, that's new territory for me. You should be able to backup blind unless you have a BES policy on your phone which prevents this.

Loading firmware should still work, regardless of backup state/ability, unless there is a BES policy preventing this.
    10-22-14 07:10 AM
    There is no BES policy that is currently connected... We are using Groupwise mobility which is nothing more than a Active Sync delivering my corporate email/contacts and calendars. Can I once again ask if this was introduced as a firmware problem in this software release? As I have stated this worked flawlessly on all other releases before the current OS10.3.0.1418 SR 10.3.0.908 software. I have been trying Sachesi again this morning at work and it has been running for about 10 minutes and at this point Creating Backup and App are both at 0% and sitting at 1K on the file. Sachesi is showing USB 82% with Correct OS and Radio and also states (MSM8960_v3.2.1.1_FR070_Rev:19) Is there any other setting in the phone that could be causing this problem?
    10-22-14 07:29 AM
    There is no known issue with this firmware for backup/restore.

How big is the backup? 10 minutes might not be enough time for it to generate the sizes. While it is generating the sizes internally, it will be shown as 0%. Yes, for some reason it IS that slow :\ It does seem to get slower with every new firmware.
    If it's sitting at 0% and has not timed out, then that means it is technically 'working', as in the device is continually telling Sachesi it is at 0%.
    Do you see a Backup event on device?

Basically:
    The percentages you see in Sachesi are continually polled to the app from the device so it would appear as if it was working. After ~40 seconds without communicating, it will cancel the backup.
    10-22-14 08:18 AM
    Can you explain the one option media? Does that only mean the media card or something else... in the end should I be selecting all three?
    10-22-14 08:42 AM
    These options are given by your device. It could say anything but usually people have 3 (sometimes 6 for enterprise). They are: Apps (applications you install and their data), Media (videos, music and so on) and Settings.
    10-22-14 09:47 AM
    xsacha, I have been running this backup with only application data and device settings since 10:00 am, little over an hour and it has not timed out but the file is still only showing 1K and the creating backup and app are both at 0 % with the spinning circle... I have never had this type of delay backing it up with Link. I do not have a lot of data on this phone. It is has 7.8 GB total out of the 16GB. I have three options for my phone listed in the software: Application Data, Media and Device settings and Local Contact/Calendar Data.
    10-22-14 10:11 AM